Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #1
Halabm

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Performance Upgrade considerations

Hello everyone. New to the board so go easy on me. I currently have a 12 Camaro SS automatic with a K&N air kit, washer bottle relocated and a borla attak rear kit (mufflers and tail pipes). I'm leaning towards headers and high flow cats next. Anyone have these http://www.bigflowexhaust.com/default.shtml or recommend some other brand? I'm also thinking a tune after this work is completed may help too. Also looking for a good performance shop in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area. I tried to find a search function but the rookie in me couldn't find it.

Thanks.
Halabm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Welcome to C5! Yes people here have those bolt-on parts, and after you install your headers, you will need a tune. I would look at buying some LT's and a few people here will swear by the chepie headers that can be bought on the internet for much cheaper price than you can buy a set of Kooks or ARH's for. But in the end you really want to look at what kind of metal they are using, the qualitity of their welds, and performance offered.

When I want to find things, I search google, and add "camaro5" to the end of the search. Works a lot better than just searching google blindly, or using the search feature here on C5.

Good luck and keep an eye on your wallet.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome to Camaro5. I personally installed Kooks headers with high flow cats on my Camaro and have been very happy with the results. Fitment was awesome, quality excellent, and I have zero complaints. As stated above the top 3 are (in no particular order) Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works. You can get some more "budget friendly" options like OBX, Texas Speed, and Stainless Power. Between the three budget friendly choices I'd choose Stainless Power because it is made by Stainless Works, just in China. If I had to do it over again, I'd still get Kooks. Good luck in your search and have fun with your Camaro!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
Welcome to Camaro5
I use BBK Longtubes no cats.
V Max ported trottle body.
You will need a tune.
Sorry i can't help you on East Coast turner. But other folks on Camaro five should be able to help.
I live in Plainfield Indiana west suburb of Indy.
We have Raymonds Performance who i know is working on 5th gens from all over the country. You can check them out, if you wish to come here.
They have done work on mine. The list is on my web pic.
Yanko style side strips,BBK Long Tube headers no cats,Maggie 2300,Ported trottle body,58 lb injectors,Pedder's sub frame bushings,QTE cut outs,Corsa Performance Ex., Volant Cold Air Kit,catch can, SLP 20" Red Line Wheels, Raymond's Performance Tune
RAYMOND'S PERFORMANCE BUILT. Plainfield Indiana.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
No need to get anybody local for just a tune. Any good tuner can tuner your car via email, or it's also called remote tuning. If you need someone to install your parts and are not comfortable doing it yourself, then you can have anybody you like do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Welcome, here's a link to a reputable shop in the northeast.

http://www.jannettyracing.com
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #7
NHCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Contact the guys over at performance Dyno in loudon. I'm sure they'll install the parts and then do a custom tune on it after. Very impressed with their quality of work and passion for what they do. Plus they only deal with American muscle cars.
2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange 6-Speed . Edelbrock E Force Supercharger, Volant Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, River City Creations Emblems, Oracle ghosted LED markers, SLP faded gills, ...531 rwhp, 490 rwtq
NHCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote