Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
street review of pedders bushing inserts

Ive had my pedders rear cradle inserts and radius rod arm bushings(old street 1 kit) in my car for a few months, but only a few weeks with my summer tires so i figured id post a nice review of my experiences. Since most of the people street drive there cars my review is only aimed to them. I drive about 80 miles a day to and from work and i must say the pedders bushings are amazing. The feel and real world driving is very enhanced over the stock bushings. Normal driving benefits from what i think a slightly quieter ride with a better feel. Lane changes are quicker with no sluggish feel getting in to or out of a lane change. At high speeds 85+ handling turns feels like a corvette i use to own, tight solid and asking for more. All in all it was my first suspension mod and i think the best first step, i can only imagine how it will handle with pedders sway bars and xa coilovers i will be adding to it later on this season. Pedders seriously is NO BULL
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
do you find the inserts help the car hook any better from a dead stop?
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Do you notice any extra vibrations in the steering wheel or any unwanted extra "steering feel"?

I have been wanting to do some of my steering bushings but wasn't sure what way to go (BRM and Pedders both make slightly different versions for steering).

I already have BRM rear subframe inserts and those DEFINITELY made a big difference.

How hard was the install on the steering bushings?
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
agentwd, did you notice whether the car hooked better from a dead with the cradle inserts?
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hard to say. I had my winter tires on when I got them installed so I couldn't do a good A/B comparison. I only had the car for a few weeks before I put the winter tires on and the roads were cold so I really didn't get much of a chance to get a good sense of how the car launches. If I had to guess I would say yes, but like I said, there wasn't a great before comparison.

They definitely keep the rear end in place on aggressive shifts (especially 1-2). I used to get some step out on that shift (my trans is tuned to shift pretty firm) but it stays in place TONS better now. That was the main reason I got them and they do work for that.

Would I buy them again? Absolutely!
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Welcome to the Pedders Nation.
As many on this forum have seen me post before.
You need to start with Foundation! FOUNDATION! FOUNDATION!
Good starting point and build planning.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
do you find the inserts help the car hook any better from a dead stop?
i dont know to be honest i launch (when i do) with the tc on. its my daily driver so i really dont launch it.

(Agent WD-40 Do you notice any extra vibrations in the steering wheel or any unwanted extra "steering feel"?

I have been wanting to do some of my steering bushings but wasn't sure what way to go (BRM and Pedders both make slightly different versions for steering).

I already have BRM rear subframe inserts and those DEFINITELY made a big difference.

How hard was the install on the steering bushings?)

the only vibration i notice is from my bent rim other than that it does have a slightly stiffer feel in turning, more like a sports car should. you shouldnt have any change in vibration from the inserts. they are not to bad to install. i thought the hardest part was getting the bolt out on the drivers side cause of the washer bottle.

(RichJ. Welcome to the Pedders Nation.
As many on this forum have seen me post before.
You need to start with Foundation! FOUNDATION! FOUNDATION!
Good starting point and build planning.)

thanks rich but im not new to pedders, check my sig lol ive done installs before but this is my own so its easier to see the effects
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
You know while the Pedders really performs well on the track, they are very civilized on the street as well. I know cost and comfort rank very high for GM, I think a few Pedders bushings would really help the regular road handling. I wish my car would have come with the suspension I installed from Pedders. It is just a much firmer, more planted feeling car now. Not at all harsh or rough around on our sorry roads here in West Texas.
Everyone I have had in my car has always commented on how nice it rides.
On the track the install made for a completely different car in the corners....the transformation was amazing!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Good post

There really isn't any reason that a bushing should cause vibration.
However quite often a vibration exists that is hidden by sloppy factory bushings.
Alignment and tires are usually the culprit in said situations.

As far as straight line traction goes. The x-member and diff bushing are there to strengthen the foundations of your suspension and drive line. They will slightly improve traction because they force the rest of your suspension to better do its job. Where the real difference comes into play is response time. Instead of getting a sort of rubber band effect before the car launches, the power gets directed to wheels in a much more direct manner. Wheel hop is also drastically reduced with the upgrade.

Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote