Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 189
Question Slightly Used E-Force Value

Gents,
I'm having a 418 stroker built by Livernois who recommends that I upgrade my SC to 3.6L. So, I need to sell my E-Force but have no idea what it's worth and would appreciate some guesses. Here's what I have to sell:

Edelbrock E-Force Model 1599 - Paid: $6500
Edelbrock E-Force CAI - Paid: $400
Eforce 3.25" Pulley: Paid: $60
Bosch 65lb/hr Injectors: Paid: $450

With the CAI, 3.25" pulley, and custom tune it made 606 rwhp/556rwt. I added a "blower" cam and it jumped to 648 rwhp/586rwt.

My car only has 5700 miles on it and the E-Force was installed at 1000 miles, so it's very lightly used.

Last edited by StreetStrip; 06-18-2011 at 10:25 PM.
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,399
If only I had it!
__________________
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
epstein
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transplanted from NYC..(ret. NYPD).Now in CT
Posts: 904
Send a message via AIM to epstein
why upgrade it ..... There are guys who are in the mid 700's with their e force..... Granted I do believe he said it was maxed out......But mid 700's is plenty no?
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
toesuf94


 
toesuf94's Avatar
 
Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,747
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Keep it...put it on the stroker.
__________________
Cars and women are both going to give you problems...but you can pay somebody else to fix your car!
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Camarowguy


 
Camarowguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 2,577
The answer to your question. I've always seen performance parts go fir roughly 50-60% of what you paid for it. That's the general rule on parts
__________________
2011 imperial blue SS/RS a6 12.43@112 vararam, tune, jba cats, magnaflow axle back, self ported tb, under drive pulley, NO headers, Stock tires. 1.87 60ft. Stock tires.
2000 1500 silverado extra cab
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
The answer to your question. I've always seen performance parts go fir roughly 50-60% of what you paid for it. That's the general rule on parts
That's what I'm thinking too, dealers make 25-35% when they sell at MSRP, so that's an immediate depreciation.
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetStrip View Post
Gents,
I'm having a 418 stroker built by Livernois who recommends that I upgrade my SC to 3.6L. So, I need to sell my E-Force but have no idea what it's worth and would appreciate some guesses. Here's what I have to sell:

Edelbrock E-Force Model 1599 - Paid: $6500
Edelbrock E-Force CAI - Paid: $400
Eforce 3.25" Pulley: Paid: $60
Bosch 65lb/hr Injectors: Paid: $450

With the CAI, 3.25" pulley, and custom tune it made 606 rwhp/556rwt. I added a "blower" cam and it jumped to 648 rwhp/586rwt.

My car only has 5700 miles on it and the E-Force was installed at 1000 miles, so it's very lightly used.
Do like others have said, save the blower and put it on the stroker... We have a stroker guy here in colorado with an E-Force. Here is his signature
"418 Stroker, 732.6RWHP 738.1 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Clint at Air. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, E85 conversion, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights" You can look him up... member 2010 SS RS
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Do like others have said, save the blower and put it on the stroker... We have a stroker guy here in colorado with an E-Force. Here is his signature
"418 Stroker, 732.6RWHP 738.1 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Clint at Air. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, E85 conversion, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights" You can look him up... member 2010 SS RS
My goal is 800 rwhp which Livernois said the 2.3L SC's won't generate, although 732 is pretty darn close.
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,362
You will be damn close to your goal with the proper pulley and tune, close enough to not have to go through all the BS of selling/buying blowers again.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetStrip View Post
My goal is 800 rwhp which Livernois said the 2.3L SC's won't generate, although 732 is pretty darn close.
FYI,we have made 835 rwhp with a 2300 at only 5500rpm,this is on e 85,the car made 780 rwhp on 93 vs 804 on e 85 but we have since switched heads to get the 835 number on e 85.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
FYI,we have made 835 rwhp with a 2300 at only 5500rpm,this is on e 85,the car made 780 rwhp on 93 vs 804 on e 85 but we have since switched heads to get the 835 number on e 85.
Interesting. How aggressive was the tune?
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
S-eatin-grin

 
S-eatin-grin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 1,171
just nuts needing 800 rwhp but then again...I used to think 500+ was plenty, now I want a little more. haha
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
just nuts needing 800 rwhp but then again...I used to think 500+ was plenty, now I want a little more. haha
I know...I've got the fever that vendors around here love
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
epstein
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transplanted from NYC..(ret. NYPD).Now in CT
Posts: 904
Send a message via AIM to epstein
dude keep e force be in the mid 700's and put progressive nitrous if you want..... but to sell is just nuts
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minimum HP for 200mph Christiancoach General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 30 06-13-2017 05:58 PM
Is anyone a police officer??? HarrisraTx Off-topic Discussions 49 01-04-2012 06:32 AM
2010-2011 Camaro V8 RAM Force 10.5 Twin-Plate Clutch Kits Xplosive Performance Transmission / Driveline 4 10-29-2011 09:50 AM
Former task force head bullish on GM, Chrysler ShnOmac General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 0 10-21-2009 08:06 PM
John Force taken to Dallas hospital KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 12 09-25-2007 02:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.