Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Dale Sr Statue

I have been in North Carolina past few days, took a detour down my hero's boulevard and stopped to pay my respects:
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
ChevyGirl661

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I love this. Thank you for sharing.
ChevyGirl661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGirl661 View Post
I love this. Thank you for sharing.
I miss the #3. You may want to read this item I wrote:
http://economicdisconnect.blogspot.c...-hero.html?m=1
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 06-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #4
WildcatSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
The Intimidator was and is the man. No other driver will live up to his status (don't care what JJ does - he's too white bread for my tastes). When Earnhardt died grown men cried, men who had never cried before. I mean there are shrines to the Intimidator. Here's my little collection:
Attached Images

WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
ChevyGirl661

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
JJ is my man, but, I do love and always will love Earnhardt. He was and is still the greatest.
ChevyGirl661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #6
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I was never a nascar guy but I knew him well.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '00 Silverado Z71
Dale was definitely "The Man"..... watched him race at Dover beginning in 1982. I only got to see him in person one time....at the fall race at Dover a few months before that fatal day at Daytona..... I had pit passes on Friday and some guy told me right where to stand in order to see Dale....I will never forget it, I found him walking down the front of all the haulers after qualifying all by himself...I walked with him for about 50 yds and had him all to myself.....shame is, I was such in awe all I could say to him was "I've been waiting a long time to get that" (meaning his autograph) He smirked at me as he handed my signed hat back and was immediately swamped as he passed into the motorhome area. The autograph isn't the best cause he never missed a step.....can't say I blame him too much with all the attention.
The next night a few good friends and I were in Dover Downs and happened to see Richard Childress in the restaurant. We sat and had a few drinks, waited till his dinner was finished, and approached for an autograph....he ended up asking us to sit down with him.....we sat with him for about a half hour and had so much fun talking to him, I forgot to get him to sign something. It was quite a weekend.

Here's my little shrine plus a pic from outside Daytona, a few from DEI Inc while still in its hayday, and a few from the Richard Childress museum.....just for those who may never get a chance to travel to NC.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
I was lucky enough to get to see him race at least 30 times in Winston Cup, Busch and IROC. Went to Darlington for ten years straight, Pocono, Bristol and the Glenn. I have many of the same collectables as you both.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
Seneca SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS --
THE MAN !!!!!!

Horse Power is where its at !!!!!
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
Muscle Car Lover

Great pictures all!