Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #85
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
No one on this forum has your level of education. You’ve established that very clearly and no one will argue with you on that.
x1000. The funny thing is he started this entire thing with a very nasty insult about an entire group of people, and yet he says that we only use insults to communicate with him. You get what you dish out. His mind clearly doesn’t have the capacity to understand anything.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #86
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I never considered this an argument because I knew I was right and while a Vendor should sometimes stay out of things, I also think that people appreciate someone that knows what they are talking about. I'm not just a Tech, I have worked in the Racing Industry for over 30 Years, I came in 2nd in a 14 Hour Race this past weekend, been around racing since I was born ( my Godfather was Competition Chairman at Watkins Glen, my Mom's cousin was Colin Chapman founder of Lotus), I've been a Racing Instructor for 30 years, I can go a while!

I apologize if I was short earlier, but this subject is weird for me. Tony (like I said I'm not his biggest fan, but I respect him) would never intentionally kill someone when he was at the Top of his game ( or anytime)

Last edited by BMR Sales; 09-27-2018 at 03:22 PM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #87
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Let's check to see how this thread is going..... oh wait.

FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #88
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
If one jumps out on the interstate in heavy traffic and gets hit, is it the driver's fault?

Yes, if the driver fails to slow knowing there is an accident up ahead. And Stewart knew there was an accident up ahead because Stewart is the one that caused the accident in the first place when he spun ward out.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 09-28-2018 at 04:30 PM.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #89
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
In the 60s they were running stripped down stock cars modified later in the late 60s and 70s with roll bars running flat out speeds of 160 and 170 mph. Those cars were not as safe as todays off the showroom floors except for the roll bars. No reason why they cant run modified stock today except people today have just become pansey assed and need to be protected.
Those cars running flat out at 170 MPH for 500 miles straight equates to adding 100,000 miles to the engine in regular driving. The Hemis dominated.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:55 PM   #90
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
hi
Old 09-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #91
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
hi

Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #92
motorhead

Awesome race at the rovel yesterday. If you didnt find that entertaining, you cant really like motorsports.

Congrats Ryan Blaney!!
Old 10-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #93
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
it was definitely different!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #94
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Awesome race at the rovel yesterday. If you didnt find that entertaining, you cant really like motorsports.

Congrats Ryan Blaney!!
It was great for Nascar , Daytona Roval should be added next year.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #95
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
It was great for Nascar , Daytona Roval should be added next year.
They could keep the short tracks, turn all the other tracks into rovels, throw a couple of dirt tracks in and keep the two road course tracks then they would have something. The 11/2 mile cookie cutter tracks have killed the sport. That's the first NASCAR race I watched from beginning to end without just having it on for background noise while boozing in years.
And on the subject of this thread, I think the "fake" Camaros look good as a NASCAR.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #96
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree Motörhead about the looks but they need to find some aero and hp to keep up with the other 2 Brands especially the Fords. This season looks like it will be a bad year for the ZL1s on the circuit and NASCAR doesn’t seem to be too concerned about parity like before! Hate to say it but I think the Mustangs will take over where the Fusion leaves off in 2019.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #97
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I don't think NASCAR needs to get rid of ALL of the cookie-cutters. But I do think there's a few things could (should?) be done with some of them to end up with something partway between the current cookie-cutter design and the typical roval. Anything that slows the corner speed through one "end" of the oval ought to minimize any disparities in aero.

Maybe it's time for the cars to get rid of the truck arm rear suspension and move at least to link-style stick-axle arrangements (do like SCCA's Trans-Am and allow some freedom of choice). If all that manages to achieve would be to eliminate most instances of brake hop, it'd be a 'win' for that reason alone. Most recently, I'm sure Johnson and Truex would agree.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-02-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #98
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I don't think NASCAR needs to get rid of ALL of the cookie-cutters. But I do think there's a few things could (should?) be done with some of them to end up with something partway between the current cookie-cutter design and the typical roval. Anything that slows the corner speed through one "end" of the oval ought to minimize any disparities in aero.

Maybe it's time for the cars to get rid of the truck arm rear suspension and move at least to link-style stick-axle arrangements (do like SCCA's Trans-Am and allow some freedom of choice). If all that manages to achieve would be to eliminate most instances of brake hop, it'd be a 'win' for that reason alone. Most recently, I'm sure Johnson and Truex would agree.

Norm
Well, for me anyhow, I like the fact that these cars aren't built suited perfectly to be road race cars. It puts more of the race in the driver's hands and adds excitement that I dont believe would be there with cars that are specifically designed to handle those situations.
I believe they still use a live axle because it's durable. Look at how the 10 smacked the wall and still ended up moving on. I throughly enjoyed that race on Sunday. I wouldnt have changed a thing.