Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #71
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Well.

Mine is in and "running".

Looks like I am going to have to buy a different bypass system because AK has finally decided that the flaws are not in their system, but in the fortin. The same can't start from ACC flaw is there.

They recomend a expresskit dball2.

I have a 2ss/rs so i have the hud, so I have to figure out how to get the ignition pulled to make room for the button.

All that said, It starts the car, and turns it off. The keyless entry system has the doors unlocked by the time i get to the handle. so that part works.

It's just a few pesky little things and it will be working fine.

I'm in the process of moving right now so I most likely won't be ordering that bypass in may, will likely be june by the time i work on that part.
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #72
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post
Well.

Mine is in and "running".

Looks like I am going to have to buy a different bypass system because AK has finally decided that the flaws are not in their system, but in the fortin. The same can't start from ACC flaw is there.

They recomend a expresskit dball2.

I have a 2ss/rs so i have the hud, so I have to figure out how to get the ignition pulled to make room for the button.

All that said, It starts the car, and turns it off. The keyless entry system has the doors unlocked by the time i get to the handle. so that part works.

It's just a few pesky little things and it will be working fine.

I'm in the process of moving right now so I most likely won't be ordering that bypass in may, will likely be june by the time i work on that part.
I heard the same thing from AK and have ordered the dball2. Probably won't get around to installing it for at least a few weeks though.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #73
Netraa

Last edited by Netraa; 05-21-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #74
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
I heard the same thing from AK and have ordered the dball2. Probably won't get around to installing it for at least a few weeks though.
Ok! I've finally gotten around to switching the bypass from the Fortin to the Xpresskit and all of the quirks are gone! It seems the Fortin Evo-All was the culprit. For those wanting to do the same, here are some differences and tips for installing the Xpresskit DBALL2.

1) You'll need the Xpresskit Dball2 and the THGM610 Harness for the install.

2) Unlike the Fortin, you MUST flash the Dball2 with the correct firmware for our cars. So either buy the flasher module or buy it from a seller that will flash it for you. I flashed the GM10 v3.23 beta firmware.

3) There are two extra wires that you have to splice on the OBDII port for CAN High and CAN Low.

4) The THGM610 harness comes with a toggle switch that isn't supposed to be used but I would suggest wiring this switch in-line on the ACC wire on the harness at the ignition header so that you can flip it on when you want to use the OEM key and flip it off when you want to leave a cut key in the ignition.

5) Compared to the Evo-All, the Dball2 is lacking 12V+, Accessory, and Ground connections for the Advanced Keys Modules. In the instructions there's a connection plug labeled "T-02" that is marked to not be used. You can cut the plastic head off of it and now you have a 12V+ source (Red wire) and an ACC wire (Grey/Black wire). I grounded all the ground wires for the Advanced Keys system to a bolt by the fuse box.

6) The Red 12-pin plug from the harness that goes into the Dball2 is missing pins in pin positions 3,4, and 12 that are for the door, trunk, and hood status. I simply pulled these pin and wires from the connector that came with the dball2 and stuck them in those holes in the header on the harness. Make sure these connections are tight when you do this. Then simply wire them together and connect it to the door status input on the Advanced Keys module.

7) As mentioned before, I would suggest tapping the brake signal directly from the BCM for the Advanced Keys module instead of using the signal provided by the bypass.

8) The Dball2 has a "RAP Off" connection that can be wired into the driver door sense signal to keep the stock feel of only turning off accessories when you open the driver door after shutting the car down. I didn't connect this (couldn't find the right wire in the door motor connector, got lazy) and so my radio/accessories turn off right when I shut down the car.

Hope this helps everyone out!

Last edited by RedRyder; 05-21-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #75
Squishy

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
So RedRyder let me get this straight... well need

1)http://www.advancedkeys.com/
2)http://www.amazon.com/XpressKit-DBAL.../dp/B00H2PHSY2
3)http://www.amazon.com/XPRESSKIT-THGM.../dp/B00KWQFV1A
4)GM10 v3.23 beta firmware

Is this all?

2016 BLK Camaro 1SS/LT1 M6:
NPP | black front/rear bowtie | Blacked out taillights

2011 IOM Camaro 1SS/RS LS3:
Stainless works 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Offroad pipes | TSP Cam 235/239 on a 112 | Powerbound 25% UD Pulley
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake | SW Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust | VMax Ported TB | Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Trunnion upgrade | LSA Oil Pump | BMR 1.25 Spings | R1 Concept d/s Rotors
Tuned by Lashway Motorsports - 501 Hp 430 ft-lb
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #76
Netraa

depends on where you want to put the button. If you put it where i did, you need a vice, and a sawzall to cut the ignition in half.

set of Torx sockets to pull the steering wheel, and drivers seat.

if your going to dril the dash for the button, the advanced keys site has the proper size bit to get.

add in:
soldering iron/solder.
shrink wraps.
x-acto knife.
dikes
zip ties
E-Tape

10mm to undo your battery
7/32 to pull the steering column trim off.

what else am I missing?
Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #77
Squishy

Quote:
depends on where you want to put the button. If you put it where i did, you need a vice, and a sawzall to cut the ignition in half.

if your going to dril the dash for the button, the advanced keys site has the proper size bit to get.

add in:
soldering iron/solder.
shrink wraps.
x-acto knife.
dikes
zip ties
E-Tape

what else am I missing?

I wasn't including Install tools in my list but thanks for the advise

Where exactly did you put yours?

Stainless works 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Offroad pipes | TSP Cam 235/239 on a 112 | Powerbound 25% UD Pulley
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake | SW Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust | VMax Ported TB | Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #78
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
So RedRyder let me get this straight... well need

1)http://www.advancedkeys.com/
2)http://www.amazon.com/XpressKit-DBAL.../dp/B00H2PHSY2
3)http://www.amazon.com/XPRESSKIT-THGM.../dp/B00KWQFV1A
4)GM10 v3.23 beta firmware

Is this all?
Quote:

add in:
soldering iron/solder.
shrink wraps.
x-acto knife.
dikes
zip ties
E-Tape

what else am I missing?
Yup, plus I opted to add a siren to get nice lexus beeps when it arms and disarms. If it's a positive triggered beeper (most are) you'll need to wire it through a relay since the module pulses negative signals.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #79
Squishy

Nice, This is definitely on my to do list now. Only thing i'm not digging is the Access Key... it looks pretty cheap and ugly to me...Lets hope it gets updated in the future.

Name:  Advanced_Keys-Access-Bypass-Regular_Key-Comparison.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  25.3 KB

Old 05-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #80
Netraa

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=73

that's my button location.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #81
Squishy

Quote:
Oh that's cool dude. I plan on adding mine to the dash.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #82
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
I wonder if there is a button that would fit in the panel where the home link buttons are located in the vert.

PS great job on all the effort you put into this.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #83
RedRyder

Here's mine

I bought the hole saw bit and the key hole cover from Advanced Keys also. Notice how you can't see the key hole. They also have different color backlight buttons available, I think they have green, red, and blue, I requested the red
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #84
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Nice, This is definitely on my to do list now. Only thing i'm not digging is the Access Key... it looks pretty cheap and ugly to me...Lets hope it gets updated in the future.

Attachment 718626

Here's the updated key they sent. It looks a little nicer than the one in your pic, kind of has a plastic carbon fiber feel to it

Last edited by RedRyder; 05-21-2015 at 08:59 PM.