Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #393
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsotender1 View Post
Thanks for the welcome ... don't you think south Florida in the winter is a better choice of location for the convergence?
I guess...if you're into beaches, sun, and warmth.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #394
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I'm still toying with the thought of hitting the fest too. It IS another mod if I don't go.
I personally think you should go anyways.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #395
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
welcome Osotender1 (c:

I'm planning on going to camaro fest also made room reservations already, as long as work doesn't interfere I'm there

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #396
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
welcome Osotender1 (c:

I'm planning on going to camaro fest also made room reservations already, as long as work doesn't interfere I'm there
Glad to hear it! What day are you going? I'm leaving with the majority of our club on Wednesday and the rest of our club is leaving thursday.

Also rather off topic, I did my laundry today and remembered I had this shirt. Is this a bad thing????

Hey, it's 45th anniversary at least! Just not the right car...

No worries, my old man hooked me up with a tee and a ball cap before I went back to school a few weeks ago.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #397
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
anyone good at making gif's? I think the 45th group should all have a custom gif in there signature for the 45th AE
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #398
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
I don't think I'll be able to bring mine. :-)
hey i picked up mine on 9/24

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #399
ohsotender1

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
The attraction to sun and warmth is much greater when the winters are excessively cold elsewhere.

Thanks for the welcome Ocikat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I guess...if you're into beaches, sun, and warmth.
ohsotender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #400
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Glad to hear it! What day are you going? I'm leaving with the majority of our club on Wednesday and the rest of our club is leaving thursday.

Also rather off topic, I did my laundry today and remembered I had this shirt. Is this a bad thing????

Hey, it's 45th anniversary at least! Just not the right car...

No worries, my old man hooked me up with a tee and a ball cap before I went back to school a few weeks ago.

That 45th mustang symbol reminds me of my 2009 GT vert. It had those symbols on the front fenders. Although it was a nice car, it does not compare to the Camaro!!!!!!!
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #401
Camaro45thAE

Drives: '91 GMC Syclone & '12 Camaro 45TH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
i posted a while back about the unevenness of the CFM paint on the driver's side door. has anyone gone out and looked at their driver's side door in the sun lately? i hadn't thought much about it for a while, and just yesterday noticed it while parked at a Target. it looks a lot worse now. i think it might be a paint defect. if anyone of you can go out and take a look at it in the parking lot, post back. i have seen this effect on one other 45th and would be interested to know if this is a widespread problem. maybe the CFM painting machine was broken or clogged on that side or something??

btw this is the picture i posted a couple of months back. if you look at the top part of the door, you can see how the paint appears to be blotchy...like one part is lighter than the part next to it. this is only pronounced and visible when the sun shines on the door at a weird angle. i don't see the same effect on the passenger door.

Mine has a paint flaw on the trunk lid. Just below the bowtie, if you either catch it in direct light or get really close, you can see that the paint is VERY thin....to the point where you can see the primer if you are up close enough.

I didnt even notice it until weeks after I got the car. I saw it one morning when I opened up the garage to take out the trash and walked back up to the house. My garage faces the east, so the sun was perfect. I thought I had gotten some fiberglass dust on it (I do FG work), but quickly realized that I had washed the car before putting it garage the day before.

Not thrilled about it, but it's not something that anyone else has ever seen expect me or if I point it out. I figure its part of my cars character.
GMC Syclone #237
2012 Camaro 2LT Anniversary Edition
Order No. PTXV9B
8.31.2011 - Born! TPW 8/29
HowTune- DIY Automotive Network
Camaro45thAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #402
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
anyone good at making gif's? I think the 45th group should all have a custom gif in there signature for the 45th AE
Yeah a GIF would be cool, but I'm pretty sure everyone here wants their own custom signature. I think if we had a 45th anniversary owner badge of sorts, (could be as simple as the 45th logo itself), then we could all add those to our signatures. Or at least those of us who wanted.

But like I said, I think a GIF for everyone to use might be kinda unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thAE View Post
Mine has a paint flaw on the trunk lid. Just below the bowtie, if you either catch it in direct light or get really close, you can see that the paint is VERY thin....to the point where you can see the primer if you are up close enough.

I didnt even notice it until weeks after I got the car. I saw it one morning when I opened up the garage to take out the trash and walked back up to the house. My garage faces the east, so the sun was perfect. I thought I had gotten some fiberglass dust on it (I do FG work), but quickly realized that I had washed the car before putting it garage the day before.

Not thrilled about it, but it's not something that anyone else has ever seen expect me or if I point it out. I figure its part of my cars character.
I would suggest you just run it by the dealer you bought it from and show it to them. They should fix it. Then again, any metallic paint is extremely picky, and a respray could make things worse.

So if you can live with it, it might be the best thing to do.

Heck, I might even find a spot like that on my car. I personally will probably just leave it cause my car is DD. With my luck I'd get it resprayed and have a rock chip in it the next week!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #403
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
2nd Best Chevrolet ('67 Chevelle 396 won) and my next mod showed up!!! This one will be fun!
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #404
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Those look more like "modS" to me J!

Are you installing all that yourself? I'll tell you what, I couldn't even begin to imagine the mess of wires! I'm big on the DIY thing, but that's too much for me!

And it's looks like there were a LOT of nice camaros at that shows, much less a lot of nice CHEVY cars!!! You did great!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #405
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Quote:
Those look more like "modS" to me J!

Are you installing all that yourself? I'll tell you what, I couldn't even begin to imagine the mess of wires! I'm big on the DIY thing, but that's too much for me!

And it's looks like there were a LOT of nice camaros at that shows, much less a lot of nice CHEVY cars!!! You did great!
LOL! Yes, I will be installing it myself. (That was my life before the Marine Corps) I even built a box for the two 12" subs to fit under the net in the trunk (allowing me to still let the top down). I plan to cover all trunk construction in black leather to match the interior! It will be at least a two weekend job. I can hardly wait!

There were a lot of nice cars at the show. Once I figure out how to get pics from my phone to the computer...I am gonna post a few more individual cars.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #406
Camaro45thAE

Drives: '91 GMC Syclone & '12 Camaro 45TH
Quote:
Yeah a GIF would be cool, but I'm pretty sure everyone here wants their own custom signature. I think if we had a 45th anniversary owner badge of sorts, (could be as simple as the 45th logo itself), then we could all add those to our signatures. Or at least those of us who wanted.

But like I said, I think a GIF for everyone to use might be kinda unlikely.
You guys are welcome to swipe my sig logo. Its a .png file (much better than a gif).

Quote:

I would suggest you just run it by the dealer you bought it from and show it to them. They should fix it. Then again, any metallic paint is extremely picky, and a respray could make things worse.

So if you can live with it, it might be the best thing to do.

Heck, I might even find a spot like that on my car. I personally will probably just leave it cause my car is DD. With my luck I'd get it resprayed and have a rock chip in it the next week!
Yeah, no can do... Becky is my dealer and Im a bit far away from her here in FL...although I will be seeing Becky at the Sunshine State Rally today

I have the exact same thoughts with trying to fix it. It could make it worse and to do it right, the entire trunk needs to be done. It would never match up compared to factory....so, the flaw stays.
GMC Syclone #237
2012 Camaro 2LT Anniversary Edition
Order No. PTXV9B
8.31.2011 - Born! TPW 8/29
HowTune- DIY Automotive Network
Camaro45thAE is offline   Reply With Quote