Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Can Camaro Get Back In The Race

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...llenger-muscle
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I wonder if reliability has anything to do with it.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
"Chevrolet also plans to target buyers who might otherwise opt for a Ford Focus RS, Hyundai Veloster N, Honda Civic Type R or Kia Stinger"

Never in a million years would I have considered one of these cars over any Camaro trim...Never!!!
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I wonder if reliability has anything to do with it.
If it did, Mustang sales would fall off a cliff.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Price was the 1st deterrent for the 6th Gen.

Then 5th Gen owners didn't like the overall design, smaller being the biggest factor. They also didn't fall for the marketing hype of better handling because 5th Gen already was a fine handling car. Was lauded before 6 Gen went into production. (blah, blah)

The 2019 refresh is really sad. LT's actually look better. Chevy wanted to make the SS differ from lower priced Camaros. Boy, did they step in it!

I see where Chevy was going with the tail lights, trying to recapture the magic of 2010-2013, but goggles? Every promo shot has break lights on with no driver. They know they screwed up.

LE package on LS is a good strategy, but how many will blow up on the track? A T4 can only work so hard.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
If it did, Mustang sales would fall off a cliff.
Lol, true. They can't seem to get a break. Ford themselves are heading downhill fast.

As for the sales race, if the article is to be believed, Chevy is doing well with the loaded Camaros. And we know the Mustang is riding on hype while having 4 doors is moving Challengers off the showroom floor.

I say design a 4-door Camaro 4-cylinder turbo for the low end market and leave it at that.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #7
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
“Frankly, they've been eating our lunch," Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer of the Camaro, said of the Mustang

I’m glad he’s not in denial about it like so many others
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
From the pics I have seen of the '19 SS the rear looks worse than the front and that is saying something!
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I cannot image why Camaro has fallen behind the boat anchor Dodge Challenger. What an ugly and outdated POS.

On the other hand, my small family owned dealer has been unable to get a single ZL1 allocation, and has several customers clamoring for one.

What's up with that, GM?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #10
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I can see losing sales to the cheaper mustang but the challenger? That’s all down to marketing , color choice availability , the dodge guys do a great job with that , but I do see a lot more v6 challengers than the v8s.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #11
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
The challenger has more space all around, plus it can seat 4 comfortably. That's the main advantage I see. It's family friendly and that opens it up to a larger market.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #12
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
I've shared my story in another thread but I'll say it again, I have no clue what I would have done if I didn't find out about Becky. I went to 3 different dealerships before James Martin trying to order my car and it was a horrible experience. Sales people that could not answer some questions about options or worse yet telling me the wrong information ( NPP was standard on all 2SSs, MRC was only needed for tracking the car and didn't affect daily driving, etc). I couldn't get the playbook/brochure because they kept telling me it's online. They didn't know how to handle a trade-in when ordering a car because they don't order cars often.

I went to the configurator online to see what the options were and that sucked too. The Performance Exhaust option details had 2 bullet points about the exhaust tips and made no mention of it being selectable exhaust.

I had to lurk on this website for a while but I was able to figure out all the options and find the greatest salesperson ever. If I was cross shopping, I probably wouldn't have done that.

Dodge has commercials showing the Challenger rolling smoke from the back tires and the Chevy commercials show a dude talking to "Real People" about the dependability awards GM won. All you see is the partial view of a Camaro parked next to a Traverse and a Malibu. I see Mustang commercials all over YouTube and Challenger commercials all over TV. I've never seen a Camaro commercial that wasn't from a link on this site.

They've built the Turbo 1LE which sounds like it really should get sales from other brands but GM has to do more than build the car, they need to sell it too.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Hasn't the Camaro had the turbo 4 since the 2016 models?....I don't see any big news here other than, what, they realized after three years they actually have a turbo-4 Camaro?....and making it an upgraded (higher priced) 1LE Version is magically the answer to the sales volume?....Look for no change in sales....The same car has been for sale for three years now...lol...

Here's an article from years ago...note the last point about competing with Mustang sales with the turbo-4.....Deja-Vu all over again...
https://autoweek.com/article/drive-r...nder-blasphemy
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #14
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Visibility matters.

Friend of mine just bought a Subaru because his wife couldn't see out the back of the Impala that was over $5k less with a local 20% incentive.

FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote