Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #15
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20152SS1Le View Post
After fighting with dealers to take care of the obvious problem, I fixed it myself. I went with the b6’s as well as bmr 1 inch lowering springs, no problems since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anyone got pics of this setup?

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #16
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Is it a DD ? If you lower the car to look cool , you will not be able to go over some speed bumps and some drive ways without bottoming out , even worse if you have Long tubes . So if your not running it on the track be careful of lowering the car . Been there done that and learned the hard way. It's no fun trying to go over driveways sideways so you don't dent and scrape the headers .
I live in Milwaukee, WI and we have terrible roads, probably some of the worst in the country. I have never scraped/dented a header or cat. I do have to take driveways at angles but that is because of the front splitter. We don't have too many speed bumps in parking lots due to snow plowing issues so I am lucky I don't have to deal with those, I can imagine those are a pain.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #17
Andoskyy

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
where are you guys getting B6's?

THMotorsports says they're on national backorder. I ordered in June and now they're saying late november. Says in stock on the website, but not true.
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #18
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoskyy View Post
where are you guys getting B6's?

THMotorsports says they're on national backorder. I ordered in June and now they're saying late november. Says in stock on the website, but not true.
Is the B6 much better than the stock? What about handeling and ride quality?

anyone know?
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:44 AM   #19
Matty Ice

Much better that stock, at least for me. The roads in WI are for shit, the B6's soak up road perfections soooo much better. Not sure how the roads are around you, might not notice much difference with nice smooth roads but it does get rid of the dreaded BANG when dropping off uneven pavement. I have said over and over the 1le should have came from the factory with them. What would it have cost? $500 more on the sticker?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #20
Matty Ice

I do hate the Ronald McDonald Fun House colors with the BMR springs. Red, yellow and light blue do not go well together. Thank God you can't see the horror show that is going on in the wheel well because there is no wheel gap!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #21
zz430camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Much better that stock, at least for me. The roads in WI are for shit, the B6's soak up road perfections soooo much better. Not sure how the roads are around you, might not notice much difference with nice smooth roads but it does get rid of the dreaded BANG when dropping off uneven pavement. I have said over and over the 1le should have came from the factory with them. What would it have cost? $500 more on the sticker?
Good to know, how about the handeling? better that stock too?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:22 AM   #22
Matty Ice

Hard to say because I did a lot of suspension upgrades at once. I would say they are very close to the factory struts/shocks. They are just more refined and consistent. They soak up small road imperfections better and don't get overloaded or cavitate when being pushed hard on rough roads.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #23
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Had mine done under warranty. Better than before, but still there if you hit a big enough bump. Either go aftermarket or don't hit big enough bumps I guess
Old 09-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #24
20152SS1Le

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
TSB for the BANG when the strut decompresses?

I did mine along with the bmr springs, now while I don’t track it, I think it rides better than stock and the most important thing is the bang is gone. I had no luck with dealers getting it covered so I did it myself. I wasn’t going to put in the same stock crap. Justice Pete recommended the b6’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elite engineering catch can
Texas Speed 1 7/8 long tube headers and Cats
GPI Rod mod and ported intake
Ported throttle body
JRE tune

Last edited by 20152SS1Le; 09-25-2018 at 06:32 PM.
20152SS1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #25
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
It is a damn shame , but every Chevy car or truck I ever bought had sub standard shocks on it from the factory . I always ending up replacing the factory junk with either Koni or Bilstein shocks in the first year or sooner and the vehicle always road better. FYI my 2005 Silvarado 2500 Hd 4x4I bought new in 2004 got Bilstein's the first year I bought it at 11000 miles and are still going strong with 140000 miles. Chevy needs to use quality shock to begin with.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:40 PM   #26
zz430camaro

Quote:
It is a damn shame , but every Chevy car or truck I ever bought had sub standard shocks on it from the factory . I always ending up replacing the factory junk with either Koni or Bilstein shocks in the first year or sooner and the vehicle always road better. FYI my 2005 Silvarado 2500 Hd 4x4I bought new in 2004 got Bilstein's the first year I bought it at 11000 miles and are still going strong with 140000 miles. Chevy needs to use quality shock to begin with.
I like my 1LE struts but the bang is getting really annoying, not sure i want to go through the bs of putting on the same GM parts, how much better will they be. Koni yellow is not avaliable and Bilstein B6 not avaliable, wtf is going on with these manufactuers.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #27
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Shocks

Quote:
Our 2004 Z71 Tahoe came with the Bilsteins from the factory so not every Chevy vehicle has inferior shocks/struts.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #28
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Arrow there you go

#PI0197C - Front Suspension Thump or Loose Lumber Noise

2010-2015 Chevrolet Camaro

This PI has been revised to add the 2014-2015 Model Years and update the Warranty Information. Please discard PI0197B.

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment about suspension noise coming from the front of the vehicle when driving at low/moderate speeds (16-40 km/h [10-25 mph]) over rough roadway surfaces (cracks, lightly broken surfaces). The sound has been described as a rattle, knocking, clunking or “loose lumber” noise. This sound should be of a relatively low volume and behave as a brief rumble or thud following impacts with rough roadways. The sound is non-metallic in nature and has a dull wooden character.

The “loose lumber” sound exists as a result of the basic component configuration and tuning that effect the ride, handling and steering of the vehicle.

Recommendation/Instructions

When a customer brings in a vehicle with front suspension noise, upon confirmation of the sound via a test drive, a brief inspection of the front suspension should be conducted (fastener torques, bushing/ball joint health). If no issues are found, the technician should confirm that the sound is/is not typical for the Camaro. (If needed, drive another Camaro and note the sound quality over small impacts.) If the sound is common in character with that of other Camaros, the customer should be informed that the vehicle is operating as intended and that the “loose lumber” sound is a normal suspension sound.

Customer Information

Please communicate to the customer that this condition is a normal operating characteristic of their vehicle. It will not impact the designed performance or reliability of the vehicle. Please share this information with the customer, including a copy of this message.

Warranty Information

If the noise is found to be a normal condition, please submit labor operation 8039929 (Customer Concern Not Duplicated (CCND) - Suspension); otherwise, utilize the labor operation for the repaired or replaced component.

Last edited by 29er; 10-07-2018 at 02:10 PM.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote