Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #71
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh man that's great!!!

i wish it had sound, lol...

that just made my day
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #72
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Yeah, I just noticed that too. I wonder if that means the Hurst will be available from the factory soon...
If what I was told a few days ago is correct then I think it will be. I ordered the Hurst Shifter and neither I nor the dealer really knew anything about it being held up, but I called a couple days ago and finally got my work bench status code which is 3400 - Order broadcasted for production. I was told mine is scheduled for build next week. Although previously I was told my car was already built!
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #73
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The Worksheet is not even close to being the buildsheet. There are another 50 RPO codes that will be on your buildsheet / RPO sticker that are not on your Worksheet. It is possible that the R6P will be one of them. Regardless, I have a dealer looking into it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
Thanks very much Hylton. I appreciate you calming some of my Camaro jitters. This is the first time I have ordered a car, so despite all of the great information that is available on Camaro5.com, I am still quite unfamiliar with the process.
I would check with your dealer anyway. Doesn't hurt.

Don't want to cause a panic, just want to inform. I agree with the buildsheet being more expansive, but my Workbench DOES have the R6P code on it right below the FE9 code...with the WRS code right below. Dealer also told me my price will not increase.
Attached Images

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #74
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
My salesman actually told me that there would be a price increase after all the preorders were sold, but at the time I just thought he was setting me up to pay more for the car.

Looks like he wasnt lying after all.

I have our agreement in writing and I have no reason to believe that they will renig on the deal. However, you never know.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #75
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
so a 45$ extra charge for shipping is the only increase that I will run into..
vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #76
orange_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Don't want to cause a panic, just want to inform. I agree with the buildsheet being more expansive, but my Workbench DOES have the R6P code on it right below the FE9 code...with the WRS code right below.
Are we supposed to be able to get a printout of the workbench order? Is the dealership supposed to give me a copy or do only the cool dealerships do that? When I caleld a couple days ago I asked if I could come down to look at the order and the salesman said uuuuhhhh, weeelllllll and never gave me an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterPhil View Post
My salesman actually told me that there would be a price increase after all the preorders were sold, but at the time I just thought he was setting me up to pay more for the car.

Looks like he wasnt lying after all.

I have our agreement in writing and I have no reason to believe that they will renig on the deal. However, you never know.
The only thing I got was a paper showing the trim level and options I added and showing that I already put some money down. I ordered back in October two days after the official order start date. I think ti was on the 15th or something and they did not have a clue at any pricing.

Were you actually given and negotiated a price that was written down on paper?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #77
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
This will be the one thing the US gets that Canada gets too. ridiculous.

Last edited by logan1080; 04-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #78
orange_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I hope the price increase is the one thing that the US gets that Canada doesn't.
Nah, they'll pass on the good will. They must be fair to all!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #79
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Were you actually given and negotiated a price that was written down on paper?
That is exactly what I have. I had to make the salesman go back at least three times to his boss or whatever because I would not leave until I knew the final price after tax, title, and everything. I also demanded a workbench printout. We finally agreed and that is when I gave him a deposit.

So now I have a final price in writing and a $1000.00 credit. Even with all that, you never know what will happen the day the car arrives and I go to pick it up.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #80
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
glad I ordered 5 months ago.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #81
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_5thgen View Post
Are we supposed to be able to get a printout of the workbench order? Is the dealership supposed to give me a copy or do only the cool dealerships do that? When I caleld a couple days ago I asked if I could come down to look at the order and the salesman said uuuuhhhh, weeelllllll and never gave me an answer?
Sounds weak or he was busy. I would just go down there. Talk to the GM. RPO has some good stuff on how to deal/talk to your dealer. Here:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14342

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #82
onlynotyou_ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nol300 View Post
+1 Thank you at least someone understands.
ya i kinda knew it was an april fool's joke too. i mean c'mon they had to do it.
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Be Proud, Be honorable, be true. For this is the way of the Camaro
onlynotyou_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #83
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I would check with your dealer anyway. Doesn't hurt.

Don't want to cause a panic, just want to inform. I agree with the buildsheet being more expansive, but my Workbench DOES have the R6P code on it right below the FE9 code...with the WRS code right below. Dealer also told me my price will not increase.
is the R6P something that your dealers puts on your workbench because between my federal emissions and my RS package it says autobook with a code of R9U
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #84
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
is the R6P something that your dealers puts on your workbench because between my federal emissions and my RS package it says autobook with a code of R9U
I don't know. Seem like it would be automatic because of the date you put in your order. What does it say next to it. Mine says "R6P: Early Order Activity Ending 3/15/09"

Quote: