Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Question. And I’m being as unbiased as possible here, because I can see both sides.

Who reads all the fine print of any particular vendor? You see what you want, the delivery time, you order.....and not many jump around the vendor page and read the fine print.

Isn’t that kind of a trap situation? Once they have your money, delivery at their leisure is ok because they know how much trouble it is to contemplate otherwise?

What am I missing?
Old 01-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #16
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Facts from people who have purchased items and waited and waited and waited and waited , are now called "trashing" Maryland Speed ? Funny how most of the other vendors don't seem to have this problem , hmmmmm. Remember Apex Speed ?
Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
If you people would actually read the threads you would notice the complaints are generally about promising dates and then not delivering over and over and over again.

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #18
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
That is a good point. But from what I've seen lately they barely give them 3 weeks and then start complaining
Old 01-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #19
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Order was cancelled today and refunded. Again, I never would order anything from Maryland speed but this was a gift purchased by someone else. I also agree with the fact of “who really ever reads all the fine print anyways”. Also don’t promise me delivery dates.

I dealt with Brandon. He was nice about everything on the phone and even overnighted me a personalized camaro mug for the troubles. He assured me everything would be shipped out Wednesday or Thursday or this week and if not to call for a refund. Which I have just done.

Now if anyone in the thread still wants to call me an idiot go right ahead. Maybe you won’t after this information:

I live in NJ. 45 minutes from qtp. Maryland speed told me that the hold up was with qtp because they need a minimum order number since they discounted the item so steeply. Ok, fair enough. Couple days later my mind started wandering. I decided to call qtp. Explained the whole situation to them. This is what the manager of qtp said to me essentially. I was told they have not gotten any orders from Maryland Speed. They don’t have any minimum number set for an order. And I was assured that they are certainly not the hold up. I was even told that qtp has spoken to Maryland speed numerous times because Maryland Speed has continued to, and continues to violate the minimum price set by qtp, the manufacturer. Qtp has gotten more than one call about this very issue, and they are less than enthusiastic about being blamed as the issue.

The real kicker? The manger of qtp recommended I go to summit because they are cheaper than qtp directly. Food for thought. But I’m the idiot I guess. Or better yet, I guess my fiancé is the idiot according to some in this thread.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #20
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Just a question/thought, could they be trying to consolidate shipping? Often times logistics can significantly affect the price. If you stack 10 LTH on a pallet, the cost would likely be similary to shipping 2 LTH small parcel?

I have never used them..so not trying to defend anyone or definitely not calling your fiance stupid..Just trying to help figure it out.

Bonus points trivia, anyone know Walmart's secret to profitable growth? They do an elite job of controlling logistics costs/overhead.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:54 PM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post

If you need the part by a certain time, PLEASE STOP THE PURCHASE PROCESS NOW and discuss it with the sales rep who is offering you the discount. It is the customers responsibility to communicate any time delivery time needs at the time of purchase as it impacts how much of a discount we can give. In order to keep prices low, we do not cancel orders, or accept non defective returns on orders with additional discounts beyond website sale price. While most orders ship in days or a few weeks, there are remote cases where parts are made to order, delayed, or come from overseas. It is VERY unusal, but some discounted orders can take 2-3 months or more. If this a concern, please tell us up front.

By accepting the discount, you agree to these terms.

This is black and white and not hard to understand so with this policy clearly stated dont be shocked by long wait times.
I took the liberty of finishing off the paragraph from the part you conveniently stopped at. If you're going to try and source info, probably should provide all of it.
Although I can see why you left it out, it states that type of delay is VERY unusual, however if you pick any MS thread you'll see just how common it actually is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Question. And I’m being as unbiased as possible here, because I can see both sides.

Who reads all the fine print of any particular vendor? You see what you want, the delivery time, you order.....and not many jump around the vendor page and read the fine print.

Isn’t that kind of a trap situation? Once they have your money, delivery at their leisure is ok because they know how much trouble it is to contemplate otherwise?

What am I missing?
Perhaps they should include it in the description of every item, or at least a link to their discount policy instead of putting it away on another section of the site that most buyers will probably overlook. They know most people aren't going to think about that when ordering, so it's not upfront when you see their oh so special prices. That way when you contact them complaining, they can reference it and save themselves. Shady business overall. Especially when you realize that many other vendors on here actually beat their "amazing" prices, and don't have any wait times out of the ordinary.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 01-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #22
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
When I ordered my Stainless Power long tubes from my tuner.....who is also a Stainless Power distributer. He made it clear that my headers would not be here before the end of the year....i ordered beginning of December. Had he not told me that I would be wondering wtf the holdup was. He took the time to inform the customer ahead of time. The delay never crossed my mind when i ordered.. ..a good business that keeps customers happy made me aware. It certainly isnt hard to do.

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-06-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #23
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...and-complaints

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, maryland speed, marylandspeed