Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #505
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Another reason why anyone with a Camaro and it's not your daily driver should carry Collector Car Insurance. At the very least you have an agreed value NOT market value. This way if the OP valued the car at $70k his collector insurance would have cut him a check for $70k w/in a few days and he would be searching for a New ZL1 or wanting for a Z/28.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #506
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisSick View Post
It comes down to the overall operation of the business. I have spoken to owners in our auto mall and brought this story to their attention all have told me they have insurance for this sort of thing and would make sure the owner is taken care of. Seems to me like some said this particular dealership didnt have good management nor an actual system to prevent this
What else do you really expected them to say
But if the ,,,,,hit the fan , i bet my horse that the story will be very similar to the one we have on hand

Just keep in mind , that Lawyers and car dealers , went to the same school
Some went on and finish it , and others dropped off
They learn on the first semester to tell you what you want the hear !
Old 01-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #507
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisSick View Post
It comes down to the overall operation of the business. I have spoken to owners in our auto mall and brought this story to their attention all have told me they have insurance for this sort of thing and would make sure the owner is taken care of. Seems to me like some said this particular dealership didnt have good management nor an actual system to prevent this

Insurance is a necessary evil.

99% of businesses would do right in a case like this. And yes most have insurance. Insurance makes it easier for them to do right. Sometimes, as I suspect here, they want to make sure the insurance will cover before they commit to the customer. Bad decision for sure. (of course we don't have all the facts in this case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Another reason why anyone with a Camaro and it's not your daily driver should carry Collector Car Insurance. At the very least you have an agreed value NOT market value. This way if the OP valued the car at $70k his collector insurance would have cut him a check for $70k w/in a few days and he would be searching for a New ZL1 or wanting for a Z/28.
GAP INSURANCE is a must. If I were the owner of this car in this case I'd call my insurance company (I'm sure the OP did) and let them fight with the dealer or the dealers insurance. I freaking paid a ton for insurance over the years and by God I'll use it. I haven't had a claim on any insurance policy since Hurricane Ivan (2300.00 worth) and before that a wreck from Bonnie back in 1994. (can't remember the cost but replaced a car door) Insurance sucks to pay and think of all the money we could have saved not having it.

Right now I pay $20,340.00 PER YEAR in insurance NOT counting business.

Home owners (Farmers): 4200.00 - South of I-10 in Alabama.
Obamacare (BxBs): 9432.00 - Extortion
Auto (Geico): 4416.00 - Son, Daughter Bonnie and myself. 4 cars 2 liability only. NO tickets or accidents.
Disability (Assurity): 852.00 - In case of injury and can't work.
Life (New York Life): - 1440.00

Insane. I could buy my new engine with just 6 months insurance payments.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #508
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I think this thread has been beat to death with everyone's thoughts. We have not heard an update from the OP. Before this goes any further we should wait and see what has happened. OP please update us as we all want to know how this has turned out for you.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #509
Baer383

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I think this thread has been beat to death with everyone's thoughts. We have not heard an update from the OP. Before this goes any further we should wait and see what has happened. OP please update us as we all want to know how this has turned out for you.
Go to post 463 he updated us 4 days ago.

MODS, a lot of money,a lot of parts,a lot of time,a lot of patience.

754 RWHP 747 RWTQ 93 Octane

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347243
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #510
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Jeez

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #511
PQ
Booooosted.

Yup. The OP wants to back off of the public bashing while the dealer makes good.

Essentially it's just an interesting topic now.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #512
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
This is what really scared me about servicing my vehicle anywhere. My zl1 came with 54 miles on it, and only God knows what kind of miles those were. Best of luck to op on resolution of this insidious matter.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #513
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
Go to post 463 he updated us 4 days ago.
Sorry,I went back but not far enough I guess!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #514
parkroadcamaro

Drives: white
54 miles on a new car when you pick it up is not unusual. A new Camaro would pick up miles going through roll test on the Flex Line in Oshawa, then the drive to the Care Line, then the drive to the Lot they are held at before the drive from the plant over to the Transport Carrier. Then the drive to either on to the Train or Transport. Even if it goes on to the Train it will be loaded later on a Transport Carrier to go to the Dealership. The number of miles is written on the PDI at the Dealership. The PDI (Predelivery Inspection) at the Dealership would include a test drive. You could always ask for the PDI miles and compare them to the Mileage when you picked up the car.

I put these things on the order form when purchasing a Vehicle. Purchaser must be present when PDI is done. I also usually take the ride with the Mech. also during the PDI. I also tell the salesman that I want every piece of paper off the car and given to me. I also tell them to leave certain things on the car such as the Air Bag and other Instructions. I also get the salesman to get the assigned build date and keep checking every week as to if this has changed. Once it is built you can drive by the Dealership every day to make sure when it comes to it or constantly call the salesman for updates when it will be at the Dealership.

My son works as a Mech. at a GM Dealership. He is in his early 20s and his Dealership has sent him on all the training for both the New 2014 Corvette and Camaro, he is the only one to do this at his Dealership. He loves seeing the owners of these cars faces when he does all the work on these cars, but once they talk to him they know he knows more than they will ever know about these cars and are quite relaxed with him driving their cars. He never takes advantage of a road test, it his livelihood and he already has many fast cars to drive at home.

I just hope the OP comes away satisfied with the conclusion of this mess. How angry would any one be and how alone the OP would be with being told by the Dealership what he was told. You drop you car off one day and then its gone the next. Many Camaros become personal with the owners and they take pride in ownership.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #515
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Right. With great power comes great responsibility.

I doubt it matters. I'm sure even in that scenario you'd still feel the same.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #516
PQ
Booooosted.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #517
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
any updates?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #518
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Hoop sorry for your loss man. Your right giving the dealer a chance to make good on this. But ultimately he is responsible. The employee entered a locked building took the keys to your car, drove away from the dealership and they made no effort to call the police and have him arrested? Has he since been charged with GTA? Has the dealership given you any information on their course of action with the police?

I am sure the new ZL1 will be as much fun as the lost one. Hopefully all is resolved sooner rather than later.
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1