Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #15
fleebag

Drives: Moneypit
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
JRE Tuned stock bottom end and stock heads, rough idle cam, kooks headers, Maggie Max 2 (1/2" spacer, NW 102, ported tub), OD rear cog, 10% OD crank, 3.4 pulley, 13.5 psi, LC32 Billet Inlet, LC32 double wrap pulley bracket, Forced Induction Chiller, CAI, Squash twin pump system, E85, 843rwhp/803tq Dyno jet, Mustang -43rwhp.
LC32 inlet?
fleebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #16
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebag View Post
LC32 inlet?
The LC32 inlet is a billet inlet with an internal ramp to direct airflow to the rotors. We have our own version in prototype state that we are doing. I did mine before I was aware of any LC32 inlet, and did not even see any pictures until after our prototype was made. We will be doing back to back testing soon, and releasing full information, unlike what is currently available for the LC32. Ours works well but we don't have official numbers at this time.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #17
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebag View Post
LC32 inlet?
You can go to my garage and see pictures of the Left Coast 32 inlet.

It's interesting that other manufactures say they hadn't seen it, it's been out for almost 5 years now and was featured in Car Craft, Hot Rod, Chevy Hardcore, video of all their products installed and ran on a engine Dymo, they even show their hybrid pulley bracket for better belt wrap.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #18
2012LS3VERT

Ive actually went out and looked for the info the other day when I found out here about LC32. The only things I found were on TBSS and truck forums. No sales/pricing info, a couple max effort dyno pulls detailed on the forum but not a single picture of the ramp. I had looked for info on a ramped inlet prior to starting on mine but couldnt find anything until I knew to search for Left Coast 32. That is when I saw the exterior of the inlet and the belt wrap bracket. Their belt wrap bracket is a complete replacement for the bearing support, the one I made previously and only replaces the spacer block. I will freely post a pic of the internals of my ramp, which I now also know to be different than the LC32, having recently seen a couple pictures. Anyone with experience with fluid dynamics can understand that the stock TVS2300 had plenty of room for improvement in the inlet area, which is where I started with a fiberglass prototype which I will also freely provide a picture of if there is a question of how ours was designed.

Now knowing that LC32 made the first inlet, I would be glad to congratulate him on his advancement of the TVS blowers and pushing them to their full potential as we are trying to do with our products mentioned and the 14 row intercooler brick we have made. He apparently beat us to ot by a wide margin, but I may have missed those product releases while I was in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. I never set out to blantantly copy someone else's work while claiming it as my own.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #19
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Don't want to hijack OP's thread. We can take this through PM if necessary.

Are you using a dedicated fuel cell with your direct injection setup? and what fuel pressure are you using? I'm just about to complete new LSx build with direct port and still on the fence with which boost referenced fuel pressure to go with for nitrous fueling. The fuel jets get very small when your at a 250 shot and less. Would not take very much trash in fuel to cause a disaster. Low pressure fuel ex. 7 to 10 lbs would at least require jet sizes almost twice that of high pressure 43-58 lb fuel,

Have you ever looked at how small a 10, 12, 14 etc. size fuel jets is? Scary!
Direct injection via 4 spray rails inside the RDS spacer (wet system). Each rail's single jet supplys the spraybar for N2O or fuel for the whole bank (so jets are ~ 4x bigger than yours), via spray holes in the bar at the inlet runners. Only the squash twins being used, primary boost reference fuel pressure regulator at 60 (climbs to ~80), return from 60 psi regulator feeds the 2nd regulator for the N20 set at 35 psi and climbs to ~ 62 psi under max boost (60 regulator seem to respond to boost a little more than the 35), then return line from the 35 goes back to the tank.

Steve from Inductions Solutions that flowed the system said I needed to drop the N2O fuel pressure for the exact reasons you're talking about. (60 primary, 35 nitrous side..... boost referenced)

Running 91 octane for the blower only. Since changing from the 109 shot to the 151..... I now mix Sunoco 110 leaded 50/50 with 91 for racing with the nitrous. Flip a switch and pump the fuel out for another race day and go back to 91. Only problem I've found is the primary regulator would go stupid on long drives in the heat or from long stop & go traffic.... problem was the regulator getting hot on the firewall and distorting the rubber inside. Fixed it by using the vented hood, no rear seal below the hood, heat insulated the fuel lines inside the engine bay, and rebuilt both regulators.

I datalog everything and the fuel to the nitrous doesn't show a hint of not keeping up with pressure.... curve mimics the primary fuel pressure curve well. Safetys are setup to kill the N2O system if AFR stays at 12.3 or higher for longer than .6 sec (allows initial lean spike), N2O fueling ever drops below 30 psi, or max nitrous time set.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:09 AM   #20
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
Ive actually went out and looked for the info the other day when I found out here about LC32. The only things I found were on TBSS and truck forums. No sales/pricing info, a couple max effort dyno pulls detailed on the forum but not a single picture of the ramp. I had looked for info on a ramped inlet prior to starting on mine but couldnt find anything until I knew to search for Left Coast 32. That is when I saw the exterior of the inlet and the belt wrap bracket. Their belt wrap bracket is a complete replacement for the bearing support, the one I made previously and only replaces the spacer block. I will freely post a pic of the internals of my ramp, which I now also know to be different than the LC32, having recently seen a couple pictures. Anyone with experience with fluid dynamics can understand that the stock TVS2300 had plenty of room for improvement in the inlet area, which is where I started with a fiberglass prototype which I will also freely provide a picture of if there is a question of how ours was designed.

Now knowing that LC32 made the first inlet, I would be glad to congratulate him on his advancement of the TVS blowers and pushing them to their full potential as we are trying to do with our products mentioned and the 14 row intercooler brick we have made. He apparently beat us to ot by a wide margin, but I may have missed those product releases while I was in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. I never set out to blantantly copy someone else's work while claiming it as my own.
Are you working with Thomas form Hendrix Engineering?
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
2lane 1LE

Drives: 2013 camaro RS/2SS/1LE
so how do i get one ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
You can go to my garage and see pictures of the Left Coast 32 inlet.

It's interesting that other manufactures say they hadn't seen it, it's been out for almost 5 years now and was featured in Car Craft, Hot Rod, Chevy Hardcore, video of all their products installed and ran on a engine Dymo, they even show their hybrid pulley bracket for better belt wrap.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:43 PM   #22
Blue70SS

Okay, so responded with a long detailed response...... but I see it didn't post. Basically..... no dedicated system. Steve at Induction Solutions after flow testing for approximate 5p/100/150/200/250/300 shot sizes, came back with #some stating N20 fueling needed to be at 35 due to your orifice size concerns. I run 60 psi boost referenced, with 2nd regulator fed by the return line set to 35 psi (also boost referenced). Working great up to "151" shot so far with datalogging fuel pressures alongside many other parameters. Engine bay temp control versus the regulators has been key. 91 octane for boost only, and when spraying N2O mixing Sunoco 110 leaded 50/50 with 91 for safety.

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 01-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #23
Blue70SS

LOL, now for whatever reason...my long winded response showed up!

LPE Brotherhood
Old 12-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #24
Blue70SS

Does anybody have before/after dyno results from going from the stock LS3 stroke to a 4" stroke? My concern is running out of blower and loosing HP climbing with RPM. I'm refresheninging the block, but hesitant to stroke for the stated reason.

LPE Brotherhood
Old 12-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #25
2012LS3VERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Does anybody have before/after dyno results from going from the stock LS3 stroke to a 4" stroke? My concern is running out of blower and loosing HP climbing with RPM. I'm refresheninging the block, but hesitant to stroke for the stated reason.
No before and after going to 4" stroke, because so much was changed at the same time, but the blower will handle the airflow for about 850-900 rwhp on the motor based on a few things. If you leave the compression at about 10:1 or 10.5:1, the blower will keep up, but need to watch IATs. There are ways around that such as maximizing efficiency with a 102mm TB and snout, ported lower manifold, optimized head/cam combo, many other variables such as E85 and meth. We have a prototype 14 row intercooler brick that fits with a 1/2" spacer between the manifold, should be testing in the next month or two. The snout mentioned here also increases efficiency on the inlet side of the blower, and at that power level it would likely be best to build a 4.5" intake, that is what we are doing currently. With an optimized setup, you won't have to spin the blower as fast, so less heat will be produced on the blower side. There are several other things that can be done to maximize how well the TVS2300 blowers work.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #26
JERRYwss6

Drives: 2011 rjt Camaro SS
I'm about 90% done installing my Maggie! Need to buy a clamp and a hose and waiting on my ETC extension. I hope it shows up tomorrow . My friend has a stock cts v I'm hoping to be able to beat him on the 3.8 pulley. I would post a picture but I'm not sure how lol
JERRYwss6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #27
JERRYwss6

Drives: 2011 rjt Camaro SS
I bought my supercharger kit used how would I check if the tuner is really tuned for the boost? A little worried, running good right now, I let it run no leaks or any sort so now I think it's time for a test drive, I'm just worried about it not being the.stock magnuson boost tune
JERRYwss6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #28
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
No before and after going to 4" stroke, because so much was changed at the same time, but the blower will handle the airflow for about 850-900 rwhp on the motor based on a few things. If you leave the compression at about 10:1 or 10.5:1, the blower will keep up, but need to watch IATs. There are ways around that such as maximizing efficiency with a 102mm TB and snout, ported lower manifold, optimized head/cam combo, many other variables such as E85 and meth. We have a prototype 14 row intercooler brick that fits with a 1/2" spacer between the manifold, should be testing in the next month or two. The snout mentioned here also increases efficiency on the inlet side of the blower, and at that power level it would likely be best to build a 4.5" intake, that is what we are doing currently. With an optimized setup, you won't have to spin the blower as fast, so less heat will be produced on the blower side. There are several other things that can be done to maximize how well the TVS2300 blowers work.
I'd be interested in the 14 row cooler, as I'm pulling the engine to refresh it in the next few weeks..... so an ideal time to crack open the blower. No need to crack it open otherwise. How many rows is the OEM Maggie intercooler and is the 14 row wider or more dense? Seems like thickness would be the only thing that would help, as the outlet of the blower limits the surface area it gets exposed to.

LPE Brotherhood