Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #15
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Woo I can start my own Russian dash cam page on YouTube..but in California.

Seriously I'm just happy to be in good health and not dead, at the end of the day it's just a car things can be fixed or replaced.

The SS bumper is kinda a cool idea. I'm tapped out on cash, last month took 1600$ out of pocket.
Sorry about the damage & the fact the low life didn't stop and take responsibility. But you have the right attitude, you're OK & the car can be fixed.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
If the car is nothing special to you, I'd just leave it alone and drive it as is. More things will probably happen to it so think of it as a badge of honor or something. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #17
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Dude it me at over 100+ took off like a rocket all I cought was it was import of some kind with a big stupid wing. Ex long haul trucker I know blind spots well I'm obsessed with having space around me.

Bupers are cheap for this car all over eBay under 300$ good wax & buff most will look okay.....tho I'm tempted to spray paint a shark mouth on this one for shits and giggles. Why not has to be replaced
My apologies for the assumption .
Old 08-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #18
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Donate it to the fleet:

Name:  7C9E1CF9-9DDC-46EE-8298-EAE55658FD52.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  115.1 KB
Old 08-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #19
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
If you’re trying to keep your repair “budget friendly”, you can sand that area down, go and get some paint matched from autozone or something, and just spray it.

Other than that, replacing the bumper, or having a body shop fix the damage is going to cost you a bit more.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #20
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
If the car is nothing special to you, I'd just leave it alone and drive it as is. More things will probably happen to it so think of it as a badge of honor or something. lol!
That's kinda how I am looking at it. It's special in it's own way to me for various reasons. But I've learned there's no point in freaking out my cars never been perfect. That and it's just another story in the chapter of this cars life.

Still on payments so eventually it will get replaced prob next month.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #21
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Donate it to the fleet:

Attachment 950758
Wow the 5 freeway looked really messed up in that pic
Old 08-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #22
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
That's kinda how I am looking at it. It's special in it's own way to me for various reasons. But I've learned there's no point in freaking out my cars never been perfect. That and it's just another story in the chapter of this cars life.

Still on payments so eventually it will get replaced prob next month.
I would ask yourself what your long-term plans are with the car. If you're planning on driving it until it's time to bring it to the scrap yard I would just paint it yourself or lightly touch it up. if you have plans on selling or trading in the near future I would just fix it properly as damaged cars are difficult to sell.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:26 PM   #23
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS View Post
Sticker bomb and mouths on the front bumper huh....? maybe you should stay in California...
Ahh, give the man a break.

The guy has had a black cloud following his car for some time now. After a long while of being shit on, some people just pack it in.

Then again, some people create their own shit storms...But I'm neither a weatherman nor a Proctologist, so there's that.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #24
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS View Post
Sticker bomb and mouths on the front bumper huh....? maybe you should stay in California...
I just don't care man lol I've been to every carshow you can think of.
Chances are if you ever wanted to do something really dumb Ive seen it done to a car. My faves are Riddler's award winners. But I just like everything rat rods ,led sleds, imports,small things with massive motors, tracker pulling, lowriders,sleepers
I just don't like having boring stuff or feeling like I'm fallowing a crowd I have to be different... but when your poor that means you have DIY it.

This is just some of the stuff I've made over the years learning how to make a leather vest to making jewelery to blacksmithing
Name:  1320348691.riozlander666_img_00057.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  1207994279.riozlander666_picture006.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  178.9 KB

Name:  1207994369.riozlander666_picture028.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  164.7 KB

Name:  1207994420.riozlander666_picture029.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  165.6 KB
Old 08-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #25
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
I'd try to link others post but I'm on my phone. Sorry for spam!

I'm around orange CA... Or otherwise in the middle of the orange crush bunch of freeways and shit join the 5free way it's a wreck somdays,

The SS bumpers look cool I just don't want to have my car look like a model it's, good reason to upgrade the front a little

As for exit California my plan is to buy a massive van build a camper in it and tow the car and my self out to Texas or New Mexico possibly Mane. I can kinda be a security guard anywhere and make more then in CA with my experience in that field. Prob just go and learn welding or a trade go from there.
Quote:
I just don't care man lol I've been to every carshow you can think of.
Chances are if you ever wanted to do something really dumb Ive seen it done to a car. My faves are Riddler's award winners. But I just like everything rat rods ,led sleds, imports,small things with massive motors, tracker pulling, lowriders,sleepers
I just don't like having boring stuff or feeling like I'm fallowing a crowd I have to be different... but when your poor that means you have DIY it.

This is just some of the stuff I've made over the years learning how to make a leather vest to making jewelery to blacksmithing
Attachment 950771

Attachment 950772

Attachment 950773

Attachment 950774

If you can weld, or want to weld, you should look into joining the ironworkers. They have welding classes. You work during the day and take the classes in the evenings.
The trades are looking for good people these days.
You seem bright and talented, you should fit right in.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #26
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
If you can weld, or want to weld, you should look into joining the ironworkers. They have welding classes. You work during the day and take the classes in the evenings.
The trades are looking for good people these days.
You seem bright and talented, you should fit right in.
One goal at a time more work outside of Cali cheaper living I'm 31 now I still have a few years left. I have been to the ironworkers before I wanted to learn smelting and all that stuff not much use for that here.
It will happen that or tow truck driver to fund going back to school.
With the extra over time I am making 1800$ a month working security.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #27
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Look at your parking routine; Maybe you need to change where you park the car. You have a lot of lousy people out there behind the wheel of a car with no consideration. I am always in defense mode, and if a spot or area feels the least bit suspect I go someplace else.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #28
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Look at your parking routine; Maybe you need to change where you park the car. You have a lot of lousy people out there behind the wheel of a car with no consideration. I am always in defense mode, and if a spot or area feels the least bit suspect I go someplace else.
Well I put 60 miles a day on my car as it doubles as a patrol car when the property provided one breaks....witch it does alot it's a Ford focus with the DTC problems. And those kinda miles you have to expect things to happen and factor that in, just bad time financially.

I also work graveyard shift so pitch black car at night......not a good time if you don't want a accident. And 6am traffic here is like a fight!
You want in, your gonna have to shove your way in. every one will block you, you need to be both offensive and defensive own your Lane and keep an out planed if it goes wrong. 6am is all the big money makers most doing 80+ all 6 lanes the freeway widens and splits to another one 3-4 miles down.

Now it's just an excuse to change the front bumper to a different one