Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
gmooney72

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Angry intermitten low voltage

My 2014 Camaro 2LT RS runs great but sometimes, I have noticed the voltage gauge starts to diminish to 12.7 V. This occured after having the original battery for 4 years. Still under warranty because of the extended warranty that I bought, the dealer replaced the battery. After replacing battery car went completly dead after after a week. Dealer towed car and replaced Alternator. Now the problem is that the voltage gauge works like 2-3 days without any issues and then sometimes I start car and after driving for 5- 7 minutes voltage drops to 12.5V. I'm constantly checking the voltage gauge. Basiclly I have the same issue as before. Now the dealer informs me that I may have a defective voltage gauge in the gauge cluster. I think they F--K up and are guessing. Any ideas out there?
gmooney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
The charging system varies the voltage output...

"The new GM charging system is actually called the electrical power management system. It’s designed to monitor vehicle voltage and only charge the battery when necessary. GM does this to improve gas mileage and reduce the need to generate power when it’s not needed. The system also monitors the battery to determine its condition and charge it in a way that prolongs its life."
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
gmooney72

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM2SS View Post
The charging system varies the voltage output...

"The new GM charging system is actually called the electrical power management system. It’s designed to monitor vehicle voltage and only charge the battery when necessary. GM does this to improve gas mileage and reduce the need to generate power when it’s not needed. The system also monitors the battery to determine its condition and charge it in a way that prolongs its life."
I understand all that, but it is not meant to kill the battery. Come on man, i don't need a definition of what the charging system is or does. Sorry!!
gmooney72 is offline   Reply With Quote