Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #15
DAnubs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Good to see you back in here.

Same thing happened to my old #23. Except it had a new motor and a LOT more HP before it got wrapped around a pole.

Attachment 1052081
This one makes me sad, that is my DREAM spec in a ZL1
DAnubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #16
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Good to see you back in here.

Same thing happened to my old #23. Except it had a new motor and a LOT more HP before it got wrapped around a pole.

Attachment 1052081
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAnubs View Post
This one makes me sad, that is my DREAM spec in a ZL1
It had the very rare matte black non cleared CFI too. Before it was totaled I had already made plans to buy that back from the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #18
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
It had the very rare matte black non cleared CFI too. Before it was totaled I had already made plans to buy that back from the owner.
Ouch.

I am holding out for a Gen6 vert with a V8 and a high trim package. I loved all the bells and whistles that came with the LT2. What I liked the most was the HUD and amazing stereo. Just waiting for the prices to come down a bit more and my employment to stabilize (haven't worked full time since March).

One thing I will NOT miss is the boot for the top. I always put it on, but it was kind of a pita.

I don't know about all the a8 issues or if they have been fixed? Maybe it would be worthwhile to avoid the a8 altogether? I may need to go with a manual, but that might not be so fun for a DD.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:34 PM   #19
BCho

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS/RS 1LE
That's really sad to see. I have always wondered what happened to my last Camaro. I have the VIN somewhere in my email or old paper docs, but I don't really know how to go about finding it. I honestly hope it went to someone that loved it as much as I did.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:35 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Ouch.

I am holding out for a Gen6 vert with a V8 and a high trim package. I loved all the bells and whistles that came with the LT2. What I liked the most was the HUD and amazing stereo. Just waiting for the prices to come down a bit more and my employment to stabilize (haven't worked full time since March).

One thing I will NOT miss is the boot for the top. I always put it on, but it was kind of a pita.

I don't know about all the a8 issues or if they have been fixed? Maybe it would be worthwhile to avoid the a8 altogether? I may need to go with a manual, but that might not be so fun for a DD.
I would totally avoid the A8... they all come with A10 now anyway and that trans is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post
That's really sad to see. I have always wondered what happened to my last Camaro. I have the VIN somewhere in my email or old paper docs, but I don't really know how to go about finding it. I honestly hope it went to someone that loved it as much as I did.
I still know the owner of my old 2010 Pace Car. He's ready to sell it now too.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #21
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
As long as the gonorrhea came along when she was your ex... well that’s the important thing anyway...
Well, as long as she doesn't have gonorrhea of the mouth. A friend of a friend once told me about an ex girlfriend who had that. Talk about yuck! I never even knew you could get it in your mouth.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #22
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post
I just Googled the vin. I always Google the vin of a car I am even remotely interested in. If it has ever been salvaged or sometimes just previously sold, it will show up. You may find some interesting information.

This is the car I got and and found this vid through a vin search. It's a 335i (hardtop) vert.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #23
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
I just Googled the vin. I always Google the vin of a car I am even remotely interested in. If it has ever been salvaged or sometimes just previously sold, it will show up. You may find some interesting information.

This is the car I got and and found this vid through a vin search. It's a 335i (hardtop) vert.

I bought an S4 is 2019 and my Camaro didn't go anywhere, and neither did the Accord, or the Jeep, or the F-150 ....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote