Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #15
BCho

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I don't post here as much as I used to, but every now and then I am reminded of the exceptional value this forum is to all 5th gen Camaro owners.

After dealing with several days of random clicking when going to start my '13 SS/RS and then finally getting stranded at the post office, (car completely died) I got the car home and went to Google and typed in the symptom. Up popped a dozen or more links to various threads on this forum discussing this very issue.

I read through several and of course, like all things electrical in these newer cars, there were almost as many causes mentioned as there were threads on the subject. But one cause was mentioned most often - bad ground coming off the battery.

I checked mine and sure enough, the secondary connector (cable to clamp) was so loose it was slopping around. I removed the clamp, cleaned it and the post and reassembled it all securely and wouldn't you know it - no more clicking.

So simple and easy. And all thanks to this forum and the great input from you guys in these threads.

Good stuff.

From a fellow Southern Nevada Camaro owner, I totally agree. I go through these phases of feeling guilty sometimes because I feel like I don't post enough, but the thing is, anything that pops up regarding my car has been posted, and discussed in length already. This forum literally is a treasure trove of info, and has saved me a lot of $, and headaches. Side note, what part of Southern Nevada do you live in? It's not an overly huge area, so we might run into each other sometime.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #16
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I use the search function a lot or google X with camaro5 forum afterwards. Comes up with lots of links and great posts from everyone over the years and I’ve learned a lot. It has saved me some money and also cost me lots of money lol.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #17
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
After having a company vehicle for 30 years and just not having time to work on cars like I used to, the 30 years goes by and man have these cars changed. I got my Gen5 2 years ago for my 50th and joined this forum immediately. The knowledge you guys and gals have is better than any Google look up or Chilton/Haynes book. I thank you for the help you've all given me and I even read the problems that I don't post about because the knowledge on this forum just blows me away!! Great people here too!!
Old 05-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #18
Ruger2506

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
This forum owes me about $20,000. If I never found it, I would have never spent so much on 'enhancements'. Damn all of you.

But loving my car!!!
I'm not at 20K, yet. But I agree. Prior to this site, I figured my camaro was "just a V6" like the V6 "sports cars" of years past. Then I found this site.
2012 Camaro 2LT Manual Transmission. -JacFab Ported Intake Manifold -JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer -Overkill 80mm Throttle Body -CAI cold air intake -Overkill E85 Kit -Catch Can -Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust system -Overkill E85 Tune
Ruger2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #19
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Thanks for not only reiterating the value of the forum, but mentioning what made you search like you did. Too many people lately are saying the forum is dead or doesn’t have quality posts anymore. It’s true the amount of posts searching problems has gone down in the last couple years, but our cars aren’t the latest flavor anymore either. Thanks for the post and I’m glad you figured out what your issue was!
You bet! I have used this forum on a number of occasions for technical assistance and it occurred to me that without this incredible resource put together by all the users and moderators, I would be forced to go back to a Chiltons....grin.....

Kidding aside, if the owners of this site ever decided to pull it down for some reason, I would be first in line to buy a mirror of it on a mega-terabyte hard drive just so I could maintain the resource of information here.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 PM   #20
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post
From a fellow Southern Nevada Camaro owner, I totally agree. I go through these phases of feeling guilty sometimes because I feel like I don't post enough, but the thing is, anything that pops up regarding my car has been posted, and discussed in length already. This forum literally is a treasure trove of info, and has saved me a lot of $, and headaches. Side note, what part of Southern Nevada do you live in? It's not an overly huge area, so we might run into each other sometime.
Hey there! I'm in Henderson. By chance are you a member of the Southern Nevada Camaro Club? I was until I left Facebook. They don't communicate outside of FB so I kind of lost track of what they do. But having said that, if you aren't and you have FB, they are a very worthy group of Camaro enthusiasts that do a lot of fun runs with their cars.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:07 PM   #21
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I’d say the forum has saved me about as much money as it has cost me. It probably still owes me a little bit, but the amount of money I’ve saved doing most of my installations myself has saved me literally thousands of dollars.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #22
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
This Forum It's Very Valuable for the Novice, Saved me Money and has Cost me (Mods). Most of the Mods done where done before me so I can see where some have messed up and some got it right. I to have Messed up and also got it right.

this Forum is Great and the Camaro is a winner As far as I'm Concern.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #23
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I've been here for about 10 years. I also joined a Gen 5 V6 group on Facebook. The problem there, is that there is no expertise at all there. And if there was an answer there, you can't find it. The other thing is that there were only V6 owners there. But there is just SO MUCH automotive expertise from the SS guys that they get no benefit from.

Whenever I have a car issue, I always add camaro5 to my search. I WILL find it here.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:20 PM   #24
SSASSIN13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
Completely agree. I bought my dream '13 2SS/RS last year and have found answers to every question I've had thus far from this forum. Simple things like the halo wiring harness, Sparks badges, adjust the hood height bumpers to correct mismatched alignment, how the NPP exhaust works, benefits of using a high end trans fluid (currently Royal Purple), part numbers to fix a rear axle seal leak (that a friend knocked out in no time on his lift) and ultimately helping me decide on which lowering springs and the Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback that is really starting to dial in. Next year will be SW headers, cat delete, CAI, tune...all info gleaned from searching this site. It's always cool to do a google search and see how many Camaro5 forum results are at the top of the list. That's how I found this site to be honest.
Before I ordered the catback, I found some posts from Chris at Stainless Works that were several years old. They had his contact info listed so as a shot in the dark I sent him an email with some questions. He called me 15 minutes later, said yep, still here lol! He also did me a solid...SW has an 8-12 week production delay right now due to material shortages. I had my system in my garage about 10 days after placing the order.
SSASSIN13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #25
romcjr

Drives: Two 1984 Z28 / 2014 2SS/RS AGM L99
I have learned alot about my car from the members with knowledge they have shared . As others said , it also has lightened up my wallet as well . Thanks to the members who make this forum what it is !!!
POWERSTOP Brakes (5/31/21)
romcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:38 AM   #26
BCho

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Hey there! I'm in Henderson. By chance are you a member of the Southern Nevada Camaro Club? I was until I left Facebook. They don't communicate outside of FB so I kind of lost track of what they do. But having said that, if you aren't and you have FB, they are a very worthy group of Camaro enthusiasts that do a lot of fun runs with their cars.
I live in Henderson too! Green Valley more specifically. I did join Southern Nevada Camaro Club, but I still haven’t had the chance to meet up with them for a meet or cars and coffee.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:45 AM   #27
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post
I live in Henderson too! Green Valley more specifically. I did join Southern Nevada Camaro Club, but I still haven’t had the chance to meet up with them for a meet or cars and coffee.
When I moved back here a few years ago I almost bought a house in Green Valley but ended up out near the edge of town just off the College exit. Which really worked out as we can drive our off-road toys right from here to the Sloan Canyon area without the cops getting too excited about it.

The Camaro Club does a lot of really cool runs. Or used to. Not sure what they do now. I haven't had any communication with them in close to a year. But when I was active, it seems like we were always doing some kind of fun run somewhere. Once, we even took over the strip when it was completely shut down last year. Literally. We all pulled down there and just parked our long line of Camaros on the strip for a photo op. Cops were everywhere, just stopped and watching us with their lights flashing. Great fun!