Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #1
BCho

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS/RS 1LE
AGP on 2014 1le

Hey everyone,

So I feel like I've read through a bunch of threads about adding the AGP kit to our cars, and I really want some input from any of you about hindsight. If you did it all again what would you do the same/differently? My car is stock as of now (just an intake, and tires have been changed). I'm saving my pennies, and hope to order the kit early next year, but what should I slowly start to purchase first? Goal is ~650rwhp (sh!t gas in Vegas). So, bap? FPCM? Tuning solution? Gauges? I'm originally from Phoenix, and wish I was still local so I could go bug Kevin in person. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Let's see..... I would have kept my setup tamer on the LS3 and 750whp. Kept stock intake, cam, exhaust, slightly upgraded fuel system (CTS-V pump and BAP). Would have went with the Cortex EBC earlier instead of using the AEM TruBoost (which is decent but many less features than the Cortex). But, NO! I had to have more power. And, with more power comes more problems "compensating" for the more power (breaking things, needing more supporting parts, limited ECU, etc).

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
BCho

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
Let's see..... I would have kept my setup tamer on the LS3 and 750whp. Kept stock intake, cam, exhaust, slightly upgraded fuel system (CTS-V pump and BAP). Would have went with the Cortex EBC earlier instead of using the AEM TruBoost (which is decent but many less features than the Cortex). But, NO! I had to have more power. And, with more power comes more problems "compensating" for the more power (breaking things, needing more supporting parts, limited ECU, etc).

dreksnot
Would you have run meth with that setup above?

I'm curious about the fuel pump since my car has the ZL1 pump already, would I need the ZL1 fpcm? Or just a BAP? As far as tuning goes, are most people running an HP MPVI w/ pro feature? How decent is the base tune from AGP?
Old 08-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #4
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post

dreksnot
Would you have run meth with that setup above?

I'm curious about the fuel pump since my car has the ZL1 pump already, would I need the ZL1 fpcm? Or just a BAP? As far as tuning goes, are most people running an HP MPVI w/ pro feature? How decent is the base tune from AGP?
I didn't run meth with the LS3 AGP setup I had. I even had the early-on baby 56/61mm journal bearing turbos (which I still have on some shelf (need to sell) that work great and plenty of life left in them). I ran up to 17psi boost (should have kept limited to 15psi) with high but not too high intake air temperatures.

You can definitely get along with the ZL1 pump for 650whp. Add a BAP and get 50whp more. Nowadays, the tuner using HPTuners can tune your SS pump into a ZL1 control module (no need to send it in anymore) but since you have a 1LE, you're already good; just could add that BAP if you want a little more power potential with fueling (you'll have to up your fuel injectors to something like 850cc/min or larger).

Base AGP tune will get you up and going but I wouldn't make any higher boost, higher power runs until getting it tuned locally for your full setup. Just makes sense to get everything dialed in with the full setup you're going to run (optimized!).

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
For a fun street car, I would have:
stock ls3
6L90 trans
AGP kit
Good clutch (Monster or RPS)
Fuel system (injectors and either a BAP setup with ZL1 pump or a dual pump setup)
rear suspension components to help traction/eliminate wheel hop
sticky tires (ET Street Rs or Street SS if you might see rain)
meth kit
AFR gauge
eBoost2 (what I had; no experience with anything else)

Instead, I ended up with a car like Dreksnot's where everything was changed or modified...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:38 PM   #6
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
I have a Huron Speed Twin Kit... same style as AGP.

I run 93 octane with ZL1 pump, AMD FPCM, 1000 FIC injectors and Alky control dual meth kit.

Right now at 926rwhp @ 15psi my injectors are at 70% DC.

I dont recommend doing what I do... I am stretching my fuel system with meth. Alot of people underestimate the ZL1 pump in combo with FPCM. I would say if I didnt run meth, it would support ~750-800rwhp with turbos.

If I could go back to when I was doing the single 76mm turbo, I would get twin or triple intank pumps and do it right the first time.
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote