Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
im2smart4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
small dent in MRT louvers :(

So, I have liked the MRT louvers since I first saw them in pics. I had never seen them in person, but I finally went ahead and ordered them from phastek performance last week. They came in yesterday when I was at work. When I got home and I took it out to the car to see what it would look like, I noticed a small dent. It really is small, but it is in the top left side, where I would always see it. I am not comfortable with trying to straighten it, so I am going to call them tomorrow and see what my options are with returning it. I don't usually like to return things or make a fuss, but at $480 I expect a flawless product. Would you exchange it? On a side note, at a local camaro meet tonight I met a guy that has them on his, and I think they look really good in person.
Attached Images

Last edited by im2smart4u; 05-28-2015 at 11:57 PM.
im2smart4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
for sure, send them back. it will be painless... they'll have the carrier pick them up at your house

Package Delivery Training Video

Last edited by maddoggyusa; 05-28-2015 at 11:55 PM.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:23 AM   #3
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
for sure, send them back. it will be painless... they'll have the carrier pick them up at your house

Package Delivery Training Video
Sometimes it sure feels that way when you get a package. I had the brass input nipple broken off of a diesel injector pump through three layers of foam and the cardboard.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:55 AM   #4
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
Very good louvers.
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
im2smart4u,

Sorry about this happening to you, hate to hear that UPS or any other carrier damaged a product in transit just not very fun to deal with. We will get you taken care of. Please email us some pictures so we can submit the claim and have the kit picked up from you. Then we can send a new kit to you.

If you have any questions send me a PM.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 05-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #6
im2smart4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
im2smart4u,

Sorry about this happening to you, hate to hear that UPS or any other carrier damaged a product in transit just not very fun to deal with. We will get you taken care of. Please email us some pictures so we can submit the claim and have the kit picked up from you. Then we can send a new kit to you.

Thank you,
Ricardo
I talked to someone on the phone today and they said the same thing. I just sent an email with better pics. They still aren't great as it is a lot more noticeable in person, and especially outside. But seeing as how it won't stop raining here, I had to settle for some pics in my living room. I was not sure if I had the right email, but this is the one I found online. support@phastekperformance.com
Old 05-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I installed these louvers on my car 2 years ago. Good quality and they serve the purpose very well as to keeping the hot sun out and making my car look a little different, and they just look cool. Anyways when they showed up at the house one of the louver slats had a 2" scratch in it that was powder coated over. It wasn't real noticeable but I didn't like it. I called the place where I ordered them from. (It was AutoAgenda, they no longer exist). They sent me a new set fast. The new set had 2 scratches in one of the slats that were also powder coated over. I decided the first set with the one scratch was the better of the two. I really like these louvers but I just thought it was a little strange that they would powder coat over a scratch at the place of manufacturing. It's not real noticeable, you got to look at it just right to see it, but for 480 bucks I was expecting flawless.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #8
Sales@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smart4u View Post
I talked to someone on the phone today and they said the same thing. I just sent an email with better pics. They still aren't great as it is a lot more noticeable in person, and especially outside. But seeing as how it won't stop raining here, I had to settle for some pics in my living room. I was not sure if I had the right email, but this is the one I found online. support@phastekperformance.com
im2smart4u,

That is the right email. I looked you up and see that we have already contacted MRT about the issue. We should have an answer for you soon.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 06-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
im2smart4u

Quote:
im2smart4u,

That is the right email. I looked you up and see that we have already contacted MRT about the issue. We should have an answer for you soon.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Any clue as to how long it will take? It has been a week now, and I haven't heard anything. I have the dented louvers sitting in the box waiting on word about what to do with it. I am a little upset that it is taking this long.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Complements to Ricardo at Phastek for looking into this promptly. We have nothing but the best vendors at Camaro5!

Remember, im2smart4u, Ricardo is playing the middle man here between you and the actual parts supplier (MRT). A little patience is in order.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #11
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Complements to Ricardo at Phastek for looking into this promptly. We have nothing but the best vendors at Camaro5!

Remember, im2smart4u, Ricardo is playing the middle man here between you and the actual parts supplier (MRT). A little patience is in order.
Concur... love those guys. I buy from them any chance I get. Sometimes they don't carry an item I want here and there... but overall, nothing but good things to say about them.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:41 AM   #12
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
im2smart4u,

Thank you,
Ricardo
Now that is friggin' customer service right there!
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #13
Sales@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smart4u View Post
Any clue as to how long it will take? It has been a week now, and I haven't heard anything. I have the dented louvers sitting in the box waiting on word about what to do with it. I am a little upset that it is taking this long.
im2smart4u,

I am having trouble getting MRT to own up to the issue even though they have gotten the pictures that were sent in. I do apologize for the delay. I will get a definite answer for you tomorrow.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
im2smart4u

Quote:
im2smart4u,

I am having trouble getting MRT to own up to the issue even though they have gotten the pictures that were sent in. I do apologize for the delay. I will get a definite answer for you tomorrow.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Thanks for the response. I love the louvers and think they will look great on my car... but they don't looks so good sitting in a box in my living room. :P