Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #85
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Patternpilot, I know you've said you can't make phone calls from the steering wheel, but are you able to make phone calls from your phone, and talk through the car speakers? Do you have Onstar equipped and does it still work? Thank you for all the info!
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #86
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
So I will be able to make calls with the head unit i use from the SCREEN? or phone as usual? so i can pick up calls is fine..instead of searching around for that on screen,,,thanks.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #87
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
Patternpilot, I know you've said you can't make phone calls from the steering wheel, but are you able to make phone calls from your phone, and talk through the car speakers? Do you have Onstar equipped and does it still work? Thank you for all the info!
If you're using android auto, you can use the steering wheel control to place a call... and according to the instructions, we're supposed to be able to reprogram each buttons short, and long press function.... I have not yet been able to get the PAC unit into program mode.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #88
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
So after installing the missing chime module and the microphone everything is working except the ability to make calls from the steering wheel controls. This function was part of the factory radio. I know that at least with my Pioneer head unit there is no input for this other than directly using the screen or using the phone. Its a shame as this is definitely a safety feature to keep your eyes on the road. But then I guess we aren't supposed to be talking on the phone anyway.

I looked everywhere in my kit and couldn't find the chime module.... now I have no backup sensors, no door chime, no turn signal "click".

We were wondering why there was a black, and a purple wire in a connector that wasn't able to be connected anywhere.... the instructions referred to a "cmx chime module", but it wasn't with the kit
Old 09-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #89
puzzzeler

Drives: 2012 2LS Inferno Orange
I'm in the same boat , no chime . Also I have to push really hard to make the hazards work and takes a min to get them to turn off .

Any one else

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
I looked everywhere in my kit and couldn't find the chime module.... now I have no backup sensors, no door chime, no turn signal "click".

We were wondering why there was a black, and a purple wire in a connector that wasn't able to be connected anywhere.... the instructions referred to a "cmx chime module", but it wasn't with the kit
puzzzeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #90
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzzeler View Post
I'm in the same boat , no chime . Also I have to push really hard to make the hazards work and takes a min to get them to turn off .

Any one else
Yes. The Hazzards are VERY hard to turn on. Door unlock isn't so easy either... but not nearly as difficult as hazzards.

My little display at the top of the kit doesn't work... it worked for a few minutes, displayed the temp, the went squirrley.... now it doesn't come on at all.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #91
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Yes. The Hazzards are VERY hard to turn on. Door unlock isn't so easy either... but not nearly as difficult as hazzards.

My little display at the top of the kit doesn't work... it worked for a few minutes, displayed the temp, the went squirrley.... now it doesn't come on at all.
Make sure to contact tech support at PAC with any issues.

Support@aampglobal.com

or

800-477-2267
Old 09-25-2016, 10:26 AM   #92
puzzzeler

Drives: 2012 2LS Inferno Orange
Just found another issue with it, when you use onstar , and hang up mine shuts the whole system down and the radio has to reboot
puzzzeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #93
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzzeler View Post
Just found another issue with it, when you use onstar , and hang up mine shuts the whole system down and the radio has to reboot
cut the brown looped mute wire and this will fix the problem
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #94
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum View Post
Hallo, patternpilot,

have you please a photo from the chime module. Then i can control before i install the kit. My is now at borderlinx.com and at monday it will be sent from borderlinx to Germany.
Question: In my 2013 camaro i have no button to lock/unlock the doors at the oem-mylink. Only in the doors. With the kit i have now this buttons. If i want to install them, i have to route the two cables to the BCM?

Best regards from Germany
Egbert
Egbert,
I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the chime module. It is about 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" X 3/4" and plugs into a two wire Molex connector integrated into the PAC harness.
The new unit will have the center buttons for the door locks but I don't know why you would want to use them. My 2012 has both (center and door) and I cannot think of a single time I ever used the center buttons to lock or unlock the doors.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #95
Double D Mods

Quote:
Egbert,
I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the chime module. It is about 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" X 3/4" and plugs into a two wire Molex connector integrated into the PAC harness.
The new unit will have the center buttons for the door locks but I don't know why you would want to use them. My 2012 has both (center and door) and I cannot think of a single time I ever used the center buttons to lock or unlock the doors.
Its this...
Old 09-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #96
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
I can answer calls and end calls from the steering wheel controls. The OnStar also works but you have to long press the phone button. I did lose my XM Radio as well because that was part of the GM head unit. Mine as well as most aftermarket head units require a separate XM module. Its just another $400 or so.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #97
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Mods View Post
Its this...
Thanks for posting the picture. I always forget to take pictures of things.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #98
Double D Mods

Quote:
Thanks for posting the picture. I always forget to take pictures of things.
no prob.
I actually cheated and pulled it out of a RP5GM11 Corvette harness kit to take the picture LOL