Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #15
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRI55 View Post
🤔🤔🤔 what's the price average of a nice tt kit compared to a centri kit
It varies.... I know, that's a sucky answer. Do a Google search for "Camaro AGP twin turbo" then "Camaro Huron twin turbo" then your choices for centris. There are different sized turbos (different pricing), other supporting items like bigger fuel injectors, that can swing the pricing. Be very sure with boost that you had adequate fueling supply (lack of fueling kills motors). Oh, also if you call the places they may provide you with a lower price than on their website (at least that was before supply chain got muffed with the c-virus crap).

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:13 AM   #16
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
It varies.... I know, that's a sucky answer. Do a Google search for "Camaro AGP twin turbo" then "Camaro Huron twin turbo" then your choices for centris. There are different sized turbos (different pricing), other supporting items like bigger fuel injectors, that can swing the pricing. Be very sure with boost that you had adequate fueling supply (lack of fueling kills motors). Oh, also if you call the places they may provide you with a lower price than on their website (at least that was before supply chain got muffed with the c-virus crap).
Will do. Thx
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:36 AM   #17
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Don't let crank pinning be a factor in your decision. there is a tool that bolts on lines you up and you just push the button on the drill. I was worried about it too, until I did it, it's cake. BUT it is harder to get your pulley back on after you remove it after pinned. Maybe someone has a fool proof trick, but it took me 3 tired to get it lined up when putting it back on, I used my camera on my phone to check alignment. my dowels do have a slight bevel to the edge so it didn't have to be 100% dead on but very close.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #18
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I had both on my 5th gen. Turbos all the way. In fact, if there was a turbo kit to bolt onto a ZR1, I would have it on mine.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #19
bayarea408

Drives: T
I hope you are going meth with e85 attempting to press 800 wheel sbe, regardless of blower or turbo.

You will for sure need a more robust trans if you are just on 6l80E, and that 3.91 might be a factor depends on the transmission you replace the 6l80e with how first gear is ratio.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:26 PM   #20
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
I hope you are going meth with e85 attempting to press 800 wheel sbe, regardless of blower or turbo.

You will for sure need a more robust trans if you are just on 6l80E, and that 3.91 might be a factor depends on the transmission you replace the 6l80e with how first gear is ratio.
Yes to all of ur questions lol
Old 08-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #21
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
First question are you just doing it for power gains or do you race 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile or roll on? If you are staying with the 376 ci/ 6.2 liter and do a lot of 1/8 mile races I would highly recommend going with a centri blower or even a root or twin screw blower, the turbos' on the 376 ci just don't make it happen quick enough in the 1/8 mi, if 1/8 mile racing is not a factor then turbo all the way.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:50 PM   #22
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
There are pros and cons for each.

Many people like the noise of a blower....and having had one on my car, I liked it too....just not when it was my own car making the noise ! LOL
It can get tiresome.

The instant throttle response of the blower feels great, despite what many say, it does improve performance even at low rpm. Certainly the ESS kit looks to be very good

Turbos give you a lot more choice, and relatively silent power if you choose.

I've had both, both are great . I'd say up to say maybe 800hp or so a blower is perhaps easier and more exciting to drive largely because of noise and throttle response.
Over that, turbo, it's just more flexible.
I switched to twins a good few years ago and have no regrets.....other than being tempted to refit a blower and blow the turbos through it too LOL
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #23
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
First question are you just doing it for power gains or do you race 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile or roll on? If you are staying with the 376 ci/ 6.2 liter and do a lot of 1/8 mile races I would highly recommend going with a centri blower or even a root or twin screw blower, the turbos' on the 376 ci just don't make it happen quick enough in the 1/8 mi, if 1/8 mile racing is not a factor then turbo all the way.

Mostly 8th mile tracks around with the exception of Memphis.. BUT I have no problem going to the quarter . And I'm eventually going to do 416ish or 427 I'd my money say the same lol
Old 09-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #24
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
There are pros and cons for each.

Many people like the noise of a blower....and having had one on my car, I liked it too....just not when it was my own car making the noise ! LOL
It can get tiresome.

The instant throttle response of the blower feels great, despite what many say, it does improve performance even at low rpm. Certainly the ESS kit looks to be very good

Turbos give you a lot more choice, and relatively silent power if you choose.

I've had both, both are great . I'd say up to say maybe 800hp or so a blower is perhaps easier and more exciting to drive largely because of noise and throttle response.
Over that, turbo, it's just more flexible.
I switched to twins a good few years ago and have no regrets.....other than being tempted to refit a blower and blow the turbos through it too LOL
The ess g3x is what I was looking into. Been researchingthem for a few years now and I like how I don't have to run small pulleys to get the same boost as other kits. Almost had 1 but the guy decided not to sale
Old 09-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #25
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Alot of good info provided already...

TT Pro's:
Support huge HP/TQ
Adjustable boost with the push of a button
Sounds wicked

TT Cons:
Heat Management
Oil temps if using standard journal turbos
More piping complexity
Oil drain (and a pump may be required depending on turbo locations)

Centrifugal Pro's:
Simplicity of install/components
Boost is linear/Easier to apply to pavement
Cool sound
Doesnt generate heat like turbos
Can buy units with self contained oiling (not oil feed/drain required)

Centrifugal Cons:
Load on crank snout
Pinning crank
Changing boost requires effort (pulley/belt change)
Belt slip (depending on the setup)
Just dont make the torque that turbos do at the same hp level

Not a comprehensive list, but this is what quickly comes to mind. Both are great options
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #26
C@mero

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Just do this OP. https://youtu.be/3U0HHbqP0I4
C@mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #27
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
TT and a large whipple are just a very pointless combo, unless the turbos were absolutely massive....and even then, the whipple would end up being a restriction if you could not bypass it efficiently.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #28
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Alot of good info provided already...

TT Pro's:
Support huge HP/TQ
Adjustable boost with the push of a button
Sounds wicked

TT Cons:
Heat Management
Oil temps if using standard journal turbos
More piping complexity
Oil drain (and a pump may be required depending on turbo locations)

Centrifugal Pro's:
Simplicity of install/components
Boost is linear/Easier to apply to pavement
Cool sound
Doesnt generate heat like turbos
Can buy units with self contained oiling (not oil feed/drain required)

Centrifugal Cons:
Load on crank snout
Pinning crank
Changing boost requires effort (pulley/belt change)
Belt slip (depending on the setup)
Just dont make the torque that turbos do at the same hp level

Not a comprehensive list, but this is what quickly comes to mind. Both are great options
Thx a lot