Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-07-2021, 09:19 AM   #15
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
I currently have my mic placed right by my rear view mirror, but people are having a hard time hearing me. Likely because its a convertible and loud exhaust. Anyone have other good areas I should consider relocating it to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
Great video but OP stated he is a convertible so therefore cannot mount in the location the video is showing. They also stated their mic is already placed by their rearview mirror but people were having difficulty hearing them talk while driving and asking for suggestions for better or other mounting areas was the purpose of this thread

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:25 AM   #16
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
Great video but OP stated he is a convertible so therefore cannot mount in the location the video is showing. They also stated their mic is already placed by their rearview mirror but people were having difficulty hearing them talk while driving and asking for suggestions for better or other mounting areas was the purpose of this thread

Cool being the thread police....there is no place that will be better than the rear view....so you add nothing with a reply, by calling out the "purpose"...lol
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:32 PM   #17
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
Cool being the thread police....there is no place that will be better than the rear view....so you add nothing with a reply, by calling out the "purpose"...lol
Maybe if you actually read the thread you would see I previously posted contributing way more than just stating “the purpose”.. and I also stated the video you provided was good information, just not what the OP was asking for.

You’ve done testing by mounting the mic in all other possible locations to know that the rearview is the best spot or just followed the crowd and never considered an alternative solution outside of the norm because everyone else does it that way so it must be the only way?? I guess the person who posted about mounting under the center console is just wrong then.. Thanks for your defensive response and I hope you have a lovely day!

Old 07-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #18
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
Sorry to cause a ruckus all, but I appreciate everyone's feedback. I did go ahead and relocate the microphone to the steering column. Looks really good, so I am happy about that. I haven't really tested yet, so I will come back with additional thoughts once I've tested. I'll also provide a pic of how it turned out.

Thanks again!
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #19
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Sorry to cause a ruckus all, but I appreciate everyone's feedback. I did go ahead and relocate the microphone to the steering column. Looks really good, so I am happy about that. I haven't really tested yet, so I will come back with additional thoughts once I've tested. I'll also provide a pic of how it turned out.

Thanks again!
Thank you for the update, I was just about to ask since I plan on getting to this in the upcoming week. Was there anything you experienced or recommended to do during the relocation to the steering column? Definitely pictures please when you get a chance!

Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #20
DMan918

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
Thank you for the update, I was just about to ask since I plan on getting to this in the upcoming week. Was there anything you experienced or recommended to do during the relocation to the steering column? Definitely pictures please when you get a chance!
Ok mounted it. Seems to work better than by the rear view mirror but it’s early.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2021, 07:44 PM   #21
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Ok mounted it. Seems to work better than by the rear view mirror but it’s early.
Very sleek! I will definitely be doing this instead of where mines currently at.. So just some 3M adhesive underneath the mic and running the wire hidden up along the dash, correct?

Old 07-21-2021, 08:10 PM   #22
DMan918

Yep super simple.