Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #43
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I hate GM did the VIN numbering to show it as an SS because it adds some additional cost to the LT1 owners. To bad they didn't create it's on VIN category.

Since mine is a weekend toy I linked my OnStar to release the driving information to my insurance company. It doesn't provide all the information like hard acceleration, speed or braking.(Thank God) It mostly just shows the hours I drive and how much a drive it each month. I saved over $125.00 a year by doing that. I don't know if that's something you could consider?

I can try that with USAA just by having Onstar it gave me a discount which is a plus. One thing I did notice is that because USAA goes by VIN they have my car value estimated higher since it tells them it's a SS when I asked to talk to someone about it and there was no 1LZ indication in the VIN like someone mentioned. I guess I am paying for piece of mind in case it gets totalled. I have Car replacement assistance through my insurance on my vehicles too. Either way I have the V8 and I am happy with the LT1 I chose over the 1SS saved a little money since I do not plan to track it. I will try what you suggested because money saved is money earned.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #44
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
I can try that with USAA just by having Onstar it gave me a discount which is a plus. One thing I did notice is that because USAA goes by VIN they have my car value estimated higher since it tells them it's a SS when I asked to talk to someone about it and there was no 1LZ indication in the VIN like someone mentioned. I guess I am paying for piece of mind in case it gets totalled. I have Car replacement assistance through my insurance on my vehicles too. Either way I have the V8 and I am happy with the LT1 I chose over the 1SS saved a little money since I do not plan to track it. I will try what you suggested because money saved is money earned.
Well, I guess that is the good and bad.., having it listed at a higher replacement cost is a good thing, you know you're covered if something happens. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Dang!!! Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 07-06-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:00 PM   #45
Devstrike

Quote:
Well, I guess that is the good and bad.., having it listed at a higher replacement cost is a good thing, you know you're covered it something happens. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Dang!!! Welcome to the forum.

Here is a couple of recent pictures of it I had the all the windows except the windshield tinted. I have it waxed every 2-3 months. I had the front license plate bracket removed and it has plugs for right now. The plan is too get a whole new front bumper and have it painted since it is only 200 bucks more than having it fixed and then I am going to Paint correct and Ceramic coat it once I have the money to do all of that and it will be a bit. It has 1600ish miles on it and I have had it since Feb 24th.
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2020, 10:25 PM   #46
StuntmanMike74

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
The model number for an LT1 is 1AJ37-2020 Camaro SS so that must be why insurance considers it an SS. A 2SS is 1AK37-2020 Camaro 2SS.
StuntmanMike74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #47
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Here is a couple of recent pictures of it I had the all the windows except the windshield tinted. I have it waxed every 2-3 months. I had the front license plate bracket removed and it has plugs for right now. The plan is too get a whole new front bumper and have it painted since it is only 200 bucks more than having it fixed and then I am going to Paint correct and Ceramic coat it once I have the money to do all of that and it will be a bit. It has 1600ish miles on it and I have had it since Feb 24th.
If you have holes in your bumper I think your dealer did it wrong. The bracket should be bolted in under the bumper and screws just long enough to hold the plate to the bracket should have been used.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #48
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Someone else pointed out the reason why the LT1 is classified as a 1SS....

LT1 Coupe 1AJ37

1SS Coupe 1AJ37

LT1 Convertible 1AJ67

1SS Convertible 1AJ67

Same body codes.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #49
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
If you have holes in your bumper I think your dealer did it wrong. The bracket should be bolted in under the bumper and screws just long enough to hold the plate to the bracket should have been used.

The dealer I bought it from got it from a dealer in Illinois that put it on. I have four holes in the bumper because of it. It was difficult finding the color I wanted with the options I wanted so I told my dealer that it was ok and thanked them for telling me and chose to still take the car. My dealer even told them not to put it on but the Illinois dealer didn't listen probably because it was a dealer trade to them. I don't know the dealer name other than they are located in the Peoria area.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #50
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
The dealer I bought it from got it from a dealer in Illinois that put it on. I have four holes in the bumper because of it. It was difficult finding the color I wanted with the options I wanted so I told my dealer that it was ok and thanked them for telling me and chose to still take the car. My dealer even told them not to put it on but the Illinois dealer didn't listen probably because it was a dealer trade to them. I don't know the dealer name other than they are located in the Peoria area.
Oh ok, sorry they did that. Technically, even in states that require a plate, the dealer should never install the bracket until the vehicle is officially purchased.

When I bought mine in Feb Ohio still required a front plate. I asked my dealer to leave off the bracket. Just this past Wed July 1st we officially do not require it
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #51
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
LOL... Not sure were you're getting your information from but if you download the GM brochure for 2020 and look on page 30 it provides some pretty good factory specs on the vehicle. I didn't find any reference that the LT1 was the fastest.
In fact it actually shows the 0-60 and 1/4 mile slower for the LT1 with a limited top speed of 149 mph vs 180 mph for the SS.

One thing that might help the LT1 is GM list that the LT1 is limited to a top speed of 149mph. While this shouldn't apply to street use..LOL, it could have some effect on a reduced rate.

Here a link by the way to the factory brochure, good information for the model year.

https://dealerinspire-brochure.s3.am...s.com/2438.pdf

I agree.. Let's see some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
It is the fastest being the lightest. That is just physics. Exact same power and drive train. And you are probably right about the posted Chevy time. But the difference is tires. Those tires limit the top speed of LT1 in the tune.
LT1s come with a free winter setup. Give me a stock LT1 with SS rear tires and with the same driver and the SS WILL be slower. It is just science.

Or better yet anyone, bring your M6 SS whatever with a CAI and DRs to Atco in July and let us see how it goes. Or I can lend you my DRs and you run first, then we can see what the LT1 has to beat.

Chevrolet always has lower statistics compared to actual tests. Proper car reviews have gotten camaros to go quicker than the automaker's claim. People have achieved 4 seconds flat and lower with the 10 speed in stock LT1s, even on 245s. I'm not entirely sure if it is faster/quicker though, it should be on par without changing the tires.

But, the top speed thing is spot on with it being limited to 149/150 mph. If anyone goes higher in this car, then they have more than likely removed the speed limiter. Even though I wouldn't be too surprised as some people have claimed to go over the drag limit (180+) on the SS.

Reference for the Camaro LT1s speed limiter: https://youtu.be/o9_51SCIuQY?t=18 (Look closely at the car's gauge)

Last edited by ModernCamaroZ28Fan; 07-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #52
Devstrike

I didn't say this before but it really does not bother me that my 6.2 Camaro is speed limited at 149/150. The only place I may take it is too a quarter mile dragstrip in Topeka and I doubt I will get to even 130 mph doing that. I also do not plan to take it to a track as mentioned before at all where that limiter would probably be the only place it would be a problem.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #53
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
LOL... Not sure were you're getting your information from but if you download the GM brochure for 2020 and look on page 30 it provides some pretty good factory specs on the vehicle. I didn't find any reference that the LT1 was the fastest.
In fact it actually shows the 0-60 and 1/4 mile slower for the LT1 with a limited top speed of 149 mph vs 180 mph for the SS.

One thing that might help the LT1 is GM list that the LT1 is limited to a top speed of 149mph. While this shouldn't apply to street use..LOL, it could have some effect on a reduced rate.

Here a link by the way to the factory brochure, good information for the model year.

https://dealerinspire-brochure.s3.am...s.com/2438.pdf

I agree.. Let's see some pictures!

LT1 has a 2 mph higher trap speed than SS and SS1LE
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #54
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Those wheels have an old school look but are still modern. Probably my favorite of the lower cost optional wheels.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #55
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Those wheels have an old school look but are still modern. Probably my favorite of the lower cost optional wheels.

Yeah I really like them a lot unlike my past vehicles these wheels are not going to be changed for at least a couple to a few years.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:16 PM   #56
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
LT1 has a 2 mph higher trap speed than SS and SS1LE
With the factory 245 all-season tires? Source?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote