Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #57
TheRaven
TheRaven

Drives: 2012 RS Camaro-black
I will be getting a new typhoon next week. just sent mine back to K&N after speaking to Robert K.

Cy4n1d3 , I tried cleaning the MAF cause first I thought the oil from the filter may have gotten onto the sensor, but that only worked for 2 1/2 days, then the CEL came on again. Should have the new one by next friday. We shall see. Oh and by the way Cy4n1d3, your ride looks like mine, but mine looks better, hehehe. Peace, have a great day.
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #58
wcberry

Drives: 2011 2LTRS
I had the same problem with my K&N CAI Model 63-3075. It went away as soon as I put the stock system on so I called K&N. The guy on the phone said that they have reports of this happening but it only happens on about 1% of the installs. He said that it's the programming on the GM MAF and there's nothing that can be done about it at this time except to return it for a full refund. He even said that it doesn't matter how old it was just return it and get your money back. He then said to use Model 69-4520TP and the problem would go away. He said that the only difference between the two was that the 69-4520TP was a metal intake tube and not a plastic one.
I'm in the process of returning mine (it was a gift from my son) so hopefully this clears the problem up. I'll let you know how it goes if you need the follow-up.
wcberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #59
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy4n1d3 View Post
this happend to me, go to autozone, buy a can of MAF sensor cleaner spray, spray yyour MAF down (dont forget to unplug battery), i think its abt 18 quick sprays (something like that, its written on the can) let it dry, and keep anything from getting on the sensor, once its dry reinstall and drive abt 25 miles to reset the computerm, the light should not come on anymore, hope this helps, worked for me.
This was all I did about 3-4 months ago and haven't had the CEL anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcberry View Post
I had the same problem with my K&N CAI Model 63-3075. It went away as soon as I put the stock system on so I called K&N. The guy on the phone said that they have reports of this happening but it only happens on about 1% of the installs. He said that it's the programming on the GM MAF and there's nothing that can be done about it at this time except to return it for a full refund. He even said that it doesn't matter how old it was just return it and get your money back. He then said to use Model 69-4520TP and the problem would go away. He said that the only difference between the two was that the 69-4520TP was a metal intake tube and not a plastic one.
I'm in the process of returning mine (it was a gift from my son) so hopefully this clears the problem up. I'll let you know how it goes if you need the follow-up.
I'll keep this in mind if it happens again. I do like the black intake tube though, would hate to have to change it to the metal one.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #60
Rolando
Roland

Drives: 2011 Camaro Summit White
I'm having the same issue with my K&N CAI, my check engine light goes away and comes back on whenever it feels like it. I'm going to purchase the MAF Censor cleaner will see the results after.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #61
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
after cleaning the MAF and the CEL doesn't go away, your best bet is to get the typhoon version. no CEL problems with that setup. i had this problem months ago and went back to stock, now i have the injen long tube
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #62
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
k@n typhoon here no codes
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #63
oramaC10

Drives: 2010 Silver RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarudy View Post
just thinking more air flow.if 3 inches is good then 4 must be better. i would rather not deal with a tune, so i will just stay with the stock size. thanks for the info
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
oramaC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:20 PM   #64
DiscoStu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Ran the K&N CAI Model 63-3075 for about a year and a half before getting sick of the engine light and put the stock box back in. Light went away and fuel consumption went back to normal. Last weekend I got sick of seeing it hanging in the garage (couldn’t sell it on classifieds) so I decided play with it a bit. Got out the calipers and measured the I.D of the stock tube at the MAF: 3.0”. Took the same measurement off the K&N tube and the I.D. Was larger at 3.2”. So, I’m thinking that the larger tube has lower air velocities measured by the MAF and the stock tuned ECU can’t figure it out. Built an 3.0” insert out of a thin metal tray I had lying around and jammed it in the K&N tube right in front of the MAF. I didn’t unplug the battery or anything, engine light came on after the first drive, but went out after Day 2 and I have been driving all week with the light out enjoying my engine noise once again at WOT; fuel consumption back to normal too. $0 bandaid fix.

For those with the Typhoon, what’s your I.D of the metal tube at the MAF?
DiscoStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:40 PM   #65
Bobnoxious1

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS/2LT
intake

Put a K and N on my Silverado. Same issue as described here. Like was mentioned in the thread it was an engine lean code. Tube seemed to be a little short and was pulling out of the connector. Got an Airaid throttle body spacer to give that little bit extra length. No problems since.
Here researching Camaro drivers thoughts on the CAI inc. system before pulling the trigger on a $400 intake.
Bobnoxious1 is offline   Reply With Quote