Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
My New 383, Off to a Bad Start!

Just want to vent a little, and let everyone know what kind of knuckle heads we have working on our vehicles!

I have a C1500 5.7 Reg cab SWB vortec Sportside, that I special ordered in 1996! It is my first new vehicle I've ever owned!(wife has had many) I have had this truck for 18 yrs,and take VERY good care of it! It has almost 300,000 miles,and decided to replace motor since it must be tired,but still ran very good! I often have people driving on the road and driving by my home who want to buy it!! It ain't never,going to be for sale.,,,not while I'm alive! Lol'
I've always wanted a 383, and purchased a crate motor that has ARP bolts through-out,big SS valves,ported heads,balanced,and wasn't a cheap engine by no means!
I am getting the Engine installed at my neighbors shop, he is not cheap, but seems to take good care of my truck! I have many,many upgrades to the truck,and was adding another upgrade of a VMAX intake spacer, which would let more air into the intake to help the 383! They couldn't adjust the timing correctly cause of the extra height of the VMAX,when I went to go check on the status of the install, That's when the knuckle head at the shop told me that he went and took it for a test drive and stomped on it and it would cough and sputter!!! WTF?? ( I'm thinking to myself, you went and stomped on my truck?,without it being broke in correctly?)(piston rings,valve seats,Cam,lifters,roller rockers) I didn't say anything at the moment,hoping he would stick my boot further up his A**,with more information!!
Called my neighbor and owner today and told him about this knucklehead STOMPING on my brand new engine and told him I did not want this knucklehead driving my truck! He said I don't have to worry about that, it's his baby now and he's going to talk to knucklehead and explain what the proper procedure is for a new engine!!!

Most of his crew are real trustworthy, but sometimes you have a knucklehead that don't have a clue, or no respect!!

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading!

6.3 L
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
My dad likes to use "knucklehead," a lot as well.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
don't worry, your neighbor will be stomping on it from now on..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
don't worry, your neighbor will be stomping on it from now on..
Lol, I trust my neighbor, he is a pretty good stand up guy, it's the knuckleheads I have to worry about

UPDATE: Now guess what happened? The new Rollers Rockers I had just put in has got a broken one now!! Couldn't possibly be from knucklehead stomping on it!! Could it? Guess who's gonna be upgrading their RR's? I'll be footing the bill for knucklehead looks like!!!

I shoulda had my dam 383 installed at Lethal!!!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Sorry to hear that dude. The GMT-400s have always been one of my favorites, I hope you have better luck with your install from here on out.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote