Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #365
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. Kids had a blast in the shop last night. Amazing but about 50 kids and parents ended up driving the 40 mile round trip to join my daughter for her birthday party.
Sounds like a good beta test for the plumbing and fixtures, now for the keg party
Quote:
Sad to hear! Last summers weather hurt a lot of trees in Texas as well. Looks like it will hit the upper Rio Grande this next year. Dams are about empty, and the snow pack is at 50% of normal. Translates to no runoff, so those who have wells will hang on but the water quality from the wells will also hurt them.
I guess weather is in the hands of the Big Guy upstairs. For some reason it always turns out allright, just hard to get thru sometimes.
We need thorns occasionally, makes the pecans taste sweeter and the roses smell... rosy.er..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #366
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Sounds like a good beta test for the plumbing and fixtures, now for the keg party

Man those little girls can eat! I think they ate two to one vs. the boys.

We need thorns occasionally, makes the pecans taste sweeter and the roses smell... rosy.er..
Tis true, our loss in production helps the price for those who make the monster crop. I guess we all need to take our turn on the hit from Mother Nature.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #367
mws444

Just wanted to add a note about my daughters party last night.
Never have I seen such a large group of kids that were so well behaved and polite. They were a real pleasure to entertain. These kids even cleaned up after themselves.

Nothing like the parties I attended back in the day Says a lot about Christian School kids.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #368
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Never have I seen such a large group of kids that were so well behaved and polite. They were a real pleasure to entertain. These kids even cleaned up after themselves.

Nothing like the parties I attended back in the day Says a lot about Christian School kids.
Well.. that's great! most things you hear about kids these days usually isn't good news... glad your daughter had a nice b'day party. She had a great location for it. Soda shop must have been a big hit wit the kids (and adults, as well).

so.. are the contractors working on the house now?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #369
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #370
mws444

Soda shop was a great success. Everyone loved it, I still can't believe how much these kids can eat. Seems like the tiny girls ate more than the boys.

Last night was the first night to sleep in the shop, while it will take some getting used to it is a great place. I am just so much of a routine kinda guy, I guess I have to make a new rut to feel comfy again. They are suppossed to start on the house today and demo the kitchen.

The house job is already blowing up about like the shop did. The old house we live in is about 6500 sq ft., but over half is one big ballroom. Grandfather was a party animal. My parents remodeled about 25 years ago and removed one of the bedrooms to expand the master suite after all of us kids went to college. As a result it was about a two bedroom house, the third is a tiny basment room. So two more bedrooms, two baths and a den will be added in this job.
Have pity on me guys as I think the wife really likes the shop but is vowing to out do me at the house.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #371
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Have pity on me guys as I think the wife really likes the shop but is vowing to out do me at the house.
Um... Yea.. sure... Blame Sujki..

Just kidding Mike.

Your attention to detail will make the remodel at the homestead beautiful, I'm sure.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #372
JusticePete

Quote:
Soda shop was a great success. Everyone loved it, I still can't believe how much these kids can eat. Seems like the tiny girls ate more than the boys.

Last night was the first night to sleep in the shop, while it will take some getting used to it is a great place. I am just so much of a routine kinda guy, I guess I have to make a new rut to feel comfy again. They are suppossed to start on the house today and demo the kitchen.

The house job is already blowing up about like the shop did. The old house we live in is about 6500 sq ft., but over half is one big ballroom. Grandfather was a party animal. My parents remodeled about 25 years ago and removed one of the bedrooms to expand the master suite after all of us kids went to college. As a result it was about a two bedroom house, the third is a tiny basment room. So two more bedrooms, two baths and a den will be added in this job.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #373
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
I've been keeping up with this thread from the start..... First class all the way...... Great job

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #374
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Um... Yea.. sure... Blame Sujki..

Just kidding Mike.

Your attention to detail will make the remodel at the homestead beautiful, I'm sure.
you're right, I will be just as bad. But she never really liked granite and marble before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
no wait that's. Not. Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
I've been keeping up with this thread from the start..... First class all the way...... Great job
Thanks, glad you are enjoying this build. I contemplated not posting it along the way more than once. I am not trying to show off, but feel it's worth sharing.
Over the last few years I have seen some amazing shops both in print and online that blow my little shop away. Always wanted to know what and how they did to get to the end result. I love watching things get built, again glad you are enjoying it.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #375
JusticePete

A Company Created In 1908

Paris, 1908. Albert Dupuy, a gastronome and artisan with a passion for new technology, was to take advantage of the distribution of illuminating gas throughout Paris to perfect the La Cornue gas circulation Roast & Pastry cook. This brand new stove made use of laws governing the natural circulation of hot air within a revolutionary underground vaulted oven.

Forty years later, during the golden age of Domestic Arts, André Dupuy, with his bushy moustache, succeeded Albert. He was a gourmet, a skilled technician and an innovative designer. La Cornue was brought up to date and more models were proposed, but the La Cornue objective remained the same: a La Cornue kitchen range should always offer connoisseurs state of the art quality. Our 5 star Château kitchen ranges were the crowning pieces of our collection, and would go down in history as exceptional objects.

In 1985, Xavier Dupuy modernized the range and broke new ground while still rigorously and obstinately continuing the quest for excellence. La Cornue, a small business with fewer than 60 members of staff, managed to rise to the challenges raised by new technology and to impose itself on the international scene. By the beginning of the third millennium, La Cornue kitchen prestige was illuminating international gastronomy.

http://lacornueusa.com/

I am sure she knows they custom build them. Should I email her the information?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #376
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
HAHAHAHAHA

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #377
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
http://lacornueusa.com/

I am sure she knows they custom build them. Should I email her the information?
Also..... a woman never has enough freezer space... and speeding shipping too!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #378
600hp-lpe

too funny... LOL