Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
The final ARRRGHH Thread (really!). I finally get mine Monday. Pics/Vid comning.

Hello Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who put up with (or ignored!) my rants over the past 3 months. I take back everything bad I said about GM....

My car Vin 1080, 2SS/RS Silver) finally arrived at my dealer this past friday. He was covered in pre-inspection dust and gunk but was still the sexiest car in the lot.

Special thanks to CAMARO RICK. He knew exactly where my car was this week and accurately tracked it from Oshawa to my dealer. (As a final stab, my dealer told me last week to expect delivery in JULY, and GM said "It's on hold". Sigh...)

To thank Camaro Rick for actually HELPING me I promised to give him a call once I pickup my car and drive over to his home or work and shake his hand. (We'll take some pics and post them here). When he gets his Camaro we'll definately get together again for more pics, and hopefully some cold beers shared with a new friend.

So the car arrived on Friday but as it was Friday, the dealer-prep procedure could not be finished until Monday. IT FIGURES, but it didn't matter that much...

I got in the car. My 6'3" 190lbs body fit perfectly inside it. Lots of headroom, and lots and lots of legroom after a quick adjustment. The seats (leather) are the nicest I have ever tried. (I hope they feel this good after long drives).

When I fired it up I was REALLY surprised. Did it start? Oh wait I hear it.. the new Camaro is SO QUIET! No kidding, I had to open the door to properly hear it and even then it was much more quiet than I expected.

Before anyone scoffs at this, hear me out. I replaced the exhaust on my Trans-am with a "loudmouth" system and I HATED it. It was so damn loud and "rude". 1 Week later I swapped it for something better of course. Today I really appreciate low noise inside the cockpit and I think once you try it, you won't miss the ROAR of other less refined cars...

Anyway, I FINALLY pick it up on Monday. I plan to take lots of pictures and video and will post them all here.

If you are still waiting for your Camaro, like everyone else here has said, Don't give up - your car will come soon, and it is definately worth the wait. (I'm saying all this and I haven't even driven the thing yet..!)

Cheers!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
Countach

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
its good to hear that you are going to get your car, you better take alot of pics. After you drive it of course
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Awesome. I'm really glad to see you that hung in there and waited. Now comes the reward.

Paul

Ordered 11/29/2008
Delivered 06/05/2009
VIN 2G1FK1EJ2A9111158
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
finally no more arggh posts... unless something fails probably, then mark will hate GM again lol
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Congratz!

I'm glad to hear everyone likes the leather. I havent herd a bad thing yet about it.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hello Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who put up with (or ignored!) my rants over the past 3 months. I take back everything bad I said about GM....

My car Vin 1080, 2SS/RS Silver) finally arrived at my dealer this past friday. He was covered in pre-inspection dust and gunk but was still the sexiest car in the lot.

Special thanks to CAMARO RICK. He knew exactly where my car was this week and accurately tracked it from Oshawa to my dealer. (As a final stab, my dealer told me last week to expect delivery in JULY, and GM said "It's on hold". Sigh...)

To thank Camaro Rick for actually HELPING me I promised to give him a call once I pickup my car and drive over to his home or work and shake his hand. (We'll take some pics and post them here). When he gets his Camaro we'll definately get together again for more pics, and hopefully some cold beers shared with a new friend.

So the car arrived on Friday but as it was Friday, the dealer-prep procedure could not be finished until Monday. IT FIGURES, but it didn't matter that much...

I got in the car. My 6'3" 190lbs body fit perfectly inside it. Lots of headroom, and lots and lots of legroom after a quick adjustment. The seats (leather) are the nicest I have ever tried. (I hope they feel this good after long drives).

When I fired it up I was REALLY surprised. Did it start? Oh wait I hear it.. the new Camaro is SO QUIET! No kidding, I had to open the door to properly hear it and even then it was much more quiet than I expected.

Before anyone scoffs at this, hear me out. I replaced the exhaust on my Trans-am with a "loudmouth" system and I HATED it. It was so damn loud and "rude". 1 Week later I swapped it for something better of course. Today I really appreciate low noise inside the cockpit and I think once you try it, you won't miss the ROAR of other less refined cars...

Anyway, I FINALLY pick it up on Monday. I plan to take lots of pictures and video and will post them all here.

If you are still waiting for your Camaro, like everyone else here has said, Don't give up - your car will come soon, and it is definately worth the wait. (I'm saying all this and I haven't even driven the thing yet..!)

Cheers!
Good for you, and now the fun starts, I know i got 621Mi on my car
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
zman302
DZ 302 4spd

Drives: 1969 Z/28
Glad to hear you got your car mark, looks like the early vin cars are on the way, #1312 left michigan on friday headed here, should be delivered Monday to dealer.
zman302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
CoriJoe

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Good note. It helps a bit for those who've been waiting on their pre-orders. I'm expecting mine in early July, but hoping for something quicker
Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I did t wait near as long as most guys on the board but I can tell you it will be worth your wait!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Congrats Mark. I'm glad to see you hung in there thru all of it and didn't give up (yes, I've read almost all of the 'customer complaint' or 'arrrghhhh threads'). I think you may enjoy it even more with everything you went thru to get your Camaro!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Congrats bro......................i told u it would be worth the wait. tomorow, u will see for urself...

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
finally no more arggh posts... unless something fails probably, then mark will hate GM again lol
+2

It's not Monday yet though...

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Congrats man I know you been waiting for a while
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
This doesn't sound like an "ARRRRGHH" thread at all... maybe you should've named it the "YAY!!!" thread
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote