Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
KN here. No codes thrown.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
check all the connections and make sure they are all tight... i bet there is a leak somewhere or the MAF is installed backwards!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
check all the connections and make sure they are all tight... i bet there is a leak somewhere or the MAF is installed backwards!
It can't be. It won't fit in the other way on this kit. At least it wouldn't on mine. It's got a notch cut in the top that lines up with a little plastic piece on the MAF.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #18
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
If he has the 63 series, the MAF could be in backwards... But ive seen it posted on here somewhere else that the guy had his MAF in backwards, and the car didnt even start. You can check your MAF sensor, the yellow lock on the plug, should be at the top.

I have the 63 series, I heard something on the initial start, but didnt get any CELs. Ive driven it for well over 100 miles.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby02 View Post
Switch to CAI inc. and save your warranty.
Couple of things...

CAI currently does not offer a kit for the V6... Put you can "pre-order". They've been in the "pre-order" stage since like last October...

Your warranty stays intact due to the The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a federal law, NOT because you bought a CAI kit.. : This law applies to ALL intakes, not just the CAI brand!

But what if your new intake kit fails and actually DOES damage your motor? Then what? Will CAI stand behind their product and pay to have your car fixed? I found nothing on their website talking about their warranty.

On the other hand here is a clip from the K&N website:

"ENGINE PROTECTION LIMITED WARRANTY
Unlike many companies, our warranty for O/E replacement air filters and intake systems does extend beyond the replacement of a defective K&N part. For the original purchaser of the product, our warranty covers any engine damage or related costs incurred as a direct result of the use of a properly installed and maintained K&N O/E replacement air filter or intake system on the specific vehicle for which the product was designed to be used by K&N. This includes reasonable vehicle repair costs, sensor replacements, car rental fees or other incidental expenses directly related to an engine problem caused by the failure of a K&N product. Furthermore, we warrant that using our product will not result in a vehicle warranty denial. K&N will not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, contingent, or other damages not listed above.

We will promptly reimburse the consumer for the cost of the repair if a service provider denies warranty coverage as a result of a K&N product or claims that a K&N product has caused harm to your engine or vehicle. In order to receive reimbursement, we require each of the following:

1. The consumer must provide a written statement or repair order from the dealership or service provider in which the dealership or service provider blames the problem or warranty denial on a K&N product;
2. The service provider or consumer must provide K&N with all allegedly damaged parts. Many states have laws that require a service provider to retain all parts replaced during a vehicle repair, unless given consent to dispose of the parts by the consumer. K&N will pay the shipping cost to recover these parts; and
3. The consumer must provide proof of purchase of the K&N product along with cooperation in helping us investigate the claim.

Once these steps have been completed, K&N will contact the service provider and collect evidence to support their claim. In the event we are not provided with sufficient evidence, we reserve the right to reject the claim and will use our best efforts to assist in establishing your rights toward the service provider under warranty or other provisions.
We strive to exceed consumer expectations. Customer service can be reached at 1-800-858-3333. "

What is CAI inc. policy?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #20
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
It can't be. It won't fit in the other way on this kit. At least it wouldn't on mine. It's got a notch cut in the top that lines up with a little plastic piece on the MAF.
As Bryan pointed out the MAF housing/adapter can be installed wrong, resulting in the MAF being in backwards... it has been done... however as he also pointed out, the car wouldn't even run...

Ok.. I see on the Typhoon intake the MAF cannot be inserted backwards bot on the other intake it can.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
I have the airaid, had a cel right after install, p0603 (long term memory reset), went away next day.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
I did a K&N intake on mine. No codes at all. Maybe something else is wrong?
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #23
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
BBK no codes.....
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Injen no codes.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #25
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
CAI no codes.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #26
Nate33

Drives: 10 Camaro RS 2LT, 11 Avalanche z71
Had the check engine on mine go on and wouldnt even start when i installed the K&N aircharger.
Did two things...
1-make sure you disconnect the NEGATIVE battery cable. that will resest computer. Let it sit for a few min, 15-20 or so.
2-take out ECM fuses...i believe they are 5 and 20 maybe. Cant remember off top of head. Couple folks on here gave me that heads up as well.

When hooked them back up she turned right over. But im still having some issues with tone changing and hesitation of engine after little time with new intake on. Looking to actually return it or possibly get a programmer to keep computer in line.

Anyone else have performance issues with their K&N?
Nate33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babarudy View Post
I am wanting to add a CAI also, but i would like to go with a 4 inch system{maf also} will i need to get a tune?
Why do you feel in you need a 4 inch system?

If you change the size of the MAF housing you will need to adjust the tune...
Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #28
babarudy

Drives: 2010 2lt rs jewell tint
just thinking more air flow.if 3 inches is good then 4 must be better. i would rather not deal with a tune, so i will just stay with the stock size. thanks for the info