Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
69-70 81-82 92-92 02-10 that's what we deserve

After seeing the 2016 how is it not just a gen 5, just the LT1..? that motor is not that much better or different than the LSx and the stylistic flavor in and out is 5th gen.. yes I read that there is only two parts that are the same as a 15...but that car looks like a ladies version of the 15. The 69-70 81-82 92-93 02-10 now those where changes. That car they gave us yesterday doesn't deserve a completely different Web site. Just a sub spot on Camaro5.
the 2016 is a gen 5 imo. Let's hope they get us something to pull us out of our 10-15s with the next car. Anyway I am just disappointed I guess...
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
New platform, new powertrain, new sheet metal, new interior, new dimensions, new technologies, but it's not a new generation?

You're ridiculous.

And lol @ LT1 "is not that much better or different than the LSx."
Old 05-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
This is why I don't post much anymore..... I want to type what I want to say, but.....
Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
New platform, new powertrain, new sheet metal, new interior, new dimensions, new technologies, but it's not a new generation?

You're ridiculous.

And lol @ LT1 "is not that much better or different than the LSx."
Yes I know, and perhaps l am crazy but I have owned 5 Camaros over the years and still own two and I wanted more.. and a Mustang buddy of mine texted me yesterday and said "not enough" and I had nothing to say that he didn't already know... I won't own that 2016 ever
Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #5
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
OP, were you there yesterday?????

I will guarantee you that parked side by side, sat in side by side, and driven back to back if you don't find the Gen6 a generational change, then I would seriously have to question your car knowledge. Don't mean that to be a slam, but this car will be a league ahead of the current car. Just because there wasn't a radical styling change, which I was a HUGE proponent of by the way, doesn't mean this car isn't something really special.

Lets put it this way. For various picky reasons, I would not consider a 5th gen Camaro. I've driven too many of them and that car doesn't work for me any more. From what we saw yesterday, this may be the car that I buy next year. It's that different.

And keep in mind, GM said they asked customers what they wanted. What they wanted was a car that was recognizable as a Camaro and from your own comments, that was achieved.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
This is why I don't post much anymore..... I want to type what I want to say, but.....
Thank you!
Old 05-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
OP, were you there yesterday?????

I will guarantee you that parked side by side, sat in side by side, and driven back to back if you don't find the Gen6 a generational change, then I would seriously have to question your car knowledge. Don't mean that to be a slam, but this car will be a league ahead of the current car. Just because there wasn't a radical styling change, which I was a HUGE proponent of by the way, doesn't mean this car isn't something really special.

Lets put it this way. For various picky reasons, I would not consider a 5th gen Camaro. I've driven too many of them and that car doesn't work for me any more. From what we saw yesterday, this may be the car that I buy next year. It's that different.

And keep in mind, GM said they asked customers what they wanted. What they wanted was a car that was recognizable as a Camaro and from your own comments, that was achieved.
good feedback back thnx, are you going to buy one?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
They literally changed everything. A lot of cars get new sheet metal and interiors, but the same engines, trannys and chassis. Or maybe a new engine option.

This car is the definition of all new, it sets the benchmark for a new generation.

Doesn't mean you have to like it, but call a spade a spade.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
They literally changed everything. A lot of cars get new sheet metal and interiors, but the same engines, trannys and chassis. Or maybe a new engine option.

This car is the definition of all new, it sets the benchmark for a new generation.

Doesn't mean you have to like it, but call a spade a spade.
I know it's better but are you gonna buy one..is it so much better that you just have to have one.. not just because it's new.. tell us why it deserves your 40ish grand over a 15 or what other non Chevrolet brands are bringing to the table.. it's such a small step I feel in the right direction but not the kill shot I had hoped for.. it will make being a blue blood Chevy guy when your all talking cars in a mixed group of guys a little hard for the first time in decades.. I will just talk about the vette I guess, so are you going to buy one ?
Old 05-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #10
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
"Not enough"??

Last time i check the 6th gen makes more power than the current stang and weighs about the same.

grow a pair and slam your "friend" back.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
Yes I know, and perhaps l am crazy but I have owned 5 Camaros over the years and still own two and I wanted more.. and a Mustang buddy of mine texted me yesterday and said "not enough" and I had nothing to say that he didn't already know... I won't own that 2016 ever
Maybe you and your Mustang buddy should both make lists of all the changes on a 2016 Camaro, and all the changes on the 2015 Mustang. They're both "next gens"... see which one has the most changes and (more importantly) the most upgrades.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #12
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
"Not enough"??

Last time i check the 6th gen makes more power than the current stang and weighs about the same.

grow a pair and slam your "friend" back.
We deserve 500hp... hell give me at least 74 more Hp than my 2010
Old 05-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I know it's better but are you gonna buy one..is it so much better that you just have to have one.. not just because it's new.. tell us why it deserves your 40ish grand over a 15 or what other non Chevrolet brands are bringing to the table.. it's such a small step I feel in the right direction but not the kill shot I had hoped for.. it will make being a blue blood Chevy guy when your all talking cars in a mixed group of guys a little hard for the first time in decades.. I will just talk about the vette I guess, so are you going to buy one ?
Even though you weren't addressing me, I'll chime in. The technology in the 6th gen is leaps and bounds above the 5th gen. I love my '13, but facts are facts. Engine, transmission, frame, ride controls, suspension, interior design and functionality.... the list goes on and on.

I'll certainly drive one ASAP and do my homework on the upgrades/features. I'll be closely watching, reading, and listening
to all the comments and reports about the 2016s once they hit the road. Then, if there is a 50th Anniversary Edition in 2017... I'll probably get one.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Better performance, lighter weight, more agile, superior platform, finally respectable interior.

Oh and it's vastly better than your 5th gen. Sorry not sorry.