Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #1779
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Variations between different tracks is hardly an argument in this case. Running an 11.98 using timers and sensors on a track is very different from using GPS equipment. That 11.98 (and the 3.99) certainly falls within their margin of error. And it is not the accepted standard. It seems that every time the GT does something there is some sort of avenue they use that is alternative to the standard. And even then it just barely makes the mark. 3.99 and 11.98, lol!! I'd like to see some testing with the GPS in comparison to the track timers to see exactly how much they vary.

And even funnier, someone called out Ford that their 0-6 of under 4 seconds would be a 3.99, lol!! I think they said that if it was a significant amount then Ford would have said "0-60 in X" but since they said "0-60 in under 4 seconds" that must mean they barely made it, lol!! Who was that?? Turns out they were right on the nose.
You mean this quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
Ford says under 4.0 to 60 and yet you believe that means 3.8ish trust me, if the 18 GT did it in 3.9 they would of said 3.9. When they say under 4, chances are it was just barely under 4 like 3.99. The way these guys are lowering the time, it will be 3.7 by the time it hit the dealerships.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #1780
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
You mean this quote
You were spot on!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #1781
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
You can continue to deny all you want, but the data is in the forums. Only 1 11.9, all the rest low to mid 12s. The 2018 Mustang GT, is a low 12s car like the SS. And so far, the SS has put up more high 11s than the 2018 Mustang bone stock. That's in the real world, not some mag with an agenda chasing a number with questionable equipment.

And I'll bet my life, that if you line up a Zl1 and a 2018 GT on the same strip, same day, the GT will get a severe beat down by at least a second, unless the ZL1 driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Your right in much of what you said except you forgot to mention the 12:10 by MT and the 11:8 by HR. You also failed to mention the fastest official pass by the 6th Gen is 12:20s and that the 18 Gt has 6 months and the 6th Gen almost 3 years. We could play the same game with the published 6th Gen times rule out HR 12:20 and I think C&D 12:30 leaving the 6th Gen time honored at 12:50s? In owners hands the better driver wins through

Also I don't think anyone here honestly thinks a stock A10 GT is knocking off a ZL1.it might win a race here and there but that would be driver error and not the car.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 07-15-2018 at 07:13 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #1782
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Your right in much of what you said except you forgot to mention the 12:10 by MT and the 11:8 by HR. You also failed to mention the fastest official pass by the 6th Gen is 12:20s and that the 18 Gt has 6 months and the 6th Gen almost 3 years. We could play the same game with the published 6th Gen times rule out HR 12:20 and I think C&D 12:30 leaving the 6th Gen time honored at 12:50s? In owners hands the better driver wins through

Also I don't think anyone here honestly thinks a stock A10 GT is knocking off a ZL1.it might win a race here and there but that would be driver error and not the car.
Well considering that the SS is 3 years old, like you said, and the 18 GT just arrived, I think the GT should be faster. Especially considering all the changes and upgrades Ford had to make just to beat the SS. They had all this time to make it faster while the SS has remained unchanged so they damn well better be faster. And that 11.8 run was suspect as hell. I don't even think the Mustang fanboys accept it as legit as far as an official test goes.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #1783
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Repost (below) from the last time Newmoon used the Even 11.8 and the Lutz 12.2. Hot Rod actually ran the 12.2 test but they laughingly acknowledged they were just screwing around. Evan did the GT 11.8 as a freelcance writer associated with Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords and then sold it to Hot Rod.

Transcript from the Hot Rod video. Time mark 4:00
Quote:
Jeff Lutz: I’ll bet ya I put 50 laps on that car. Cars are stellar cars. To drive off the show room floor and do what we did all day here.

Woman: And we did it all day! Like we never stopped! We never let them cool off. It was very unscientific. This is not how you test cars.

Jeff Lutz: No. We hot lapped them. AC on, AC off. It didn’t matter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=66kcZYTncMg
Compared to the Evan article that was reprinted in Hot Rod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan J. Smith View Post
Anyone who truly understands drag racing, knows the role weather plays. They also understand the importance of knowing the car and knowing how to get the most out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan J. Smith View Post
...While I spent most of my time working for Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine, I've tested other brands of vehicles, too.

....The weather hovered just above sea level, front tire pressure was raised to 45 psi, rear TP was between 26-28 depending on what run I made. Engine temp was between 160 and 185. I provided video and reported my every move in a story published here:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...18-mustang-gt/

I did in fact spend mostly all day testing the car in stock trim. Why? I tested launch rpm and the car required a minimum of 30 minutes of cool down for it to maintain peak performance.
The two SS Camaro's tested were given to Hot Rod as part of the "Finding New Roads" media event where they drew keys and then went on a 1500 mile road trip. They signed an agreement that they wouldn't race and later got it waved.

Camaro article written and 12.2 pass by Brandan Gillogly - Hot Rod magazine Feature Editor. That's right, Jeff Lutz didn't make the fastest pass

Mustang article written and 11.8 pass by Evan Smith - Freelance writer Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #1784
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

The SS hasn't had a power train change until now, so the major mags carry over the numbers from initial testing. However long it's been out doesn't matter it its case.

Now for the forums, yes you can argue that there hasn't been enough time, and we may see more 11s for the GTs, but the majority of the times posted on the Camaro fast list was back in 2015 and 2016 so that throws a monkey wrench into that argument.

I think if the mags had put the same effort into the SS as they seemed to have put in the 2018GT, we'd have seen better times. IMO, the forums proved that point without a doubt.

11.8? Not that I don't believe the time was achieved, however, I would seriously question the circumstances around which it happened.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #1785
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
The SS hasn't had a power train change until now, so the major mags carry over the numbers from initial testing. However long it's been out doesn't matter it its case.

Now for the forums, yes you can argue that there hasn't been enough time, and we may see more 11s for the GTs, but the majority of the times posted on the Camaro fast list was back in 2015 and 2016 so that throws a monkey wrench into that argument.

I think if the mags had put the same effort into the SS as they seemed to have put in the 2018GT, we'd have seen better times. IMO, the forums proved that point without a doubt.

11.8? Not that I don't believe the time was achieved, however, I would seriously question the circumstances around which it happened.

Yea, like a tuned ringer.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #1786
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Camaro6 Cliff Notes....

For the last year Magazine times are the only fair and balanced way to measure a cars performance.

Magazines start running faster times in the Mustang so assorted excuses start being tossed around.... ringer, pro driver, track rental, they cooled the car down.

Now the bombshell gets dropped that magazines dont actually use the timing equipment at a drag strip if and when they even use an actual drag strip to do testing on.

Whats going to be the next big shocker? that magazines and manufacturers dont use timing equipment built into road courses like VIR, SoW, The Ring and they bring their own. How can we ever know the times are accurate...they could be off 2-5 tenths in just a 1/4 mile after all.

The funniest shit has to be the claiming now that only the drag strips equipment can be used to get an accurate reading after listening to someone tell Stephlx that Napierville Dragway must read high because his friend went 129 there LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of horseshit from the fanboi's at Camaro6.

I got my
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #1787
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Camaro6 Cliff Notes....

For the last year Magazine times are the only fair and balanced way to measure a cars performance.

Magazines start running faster times in the Mustang so assorted excuses start being tossed around.... ringer, pro driver, track rental, they cooled the car down.

Now the bombshell gets dropped that magazines dont actually use the timing equipment at a drag strip if and when they even use an actual drag strip to do testing on.

Whats going to be the next big shocker? that magazines and manufacturers dont use timing equipment built into road courses like VIR, SoW, The Ring and they bring their own. How can we ever know the times are accurate...they could be off 2-5 tenths in just a 1/4 mile after all.

The funniest shit has to be the claiming now that only the drag strips equipment can be used to get an accurate reading after listening to someone tell Stephlx that Napierville Dragway must read high because his friend went 129 there LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I got my
I agree, this is getting ridiculous. The internet never ceases to amaze me.
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #1788
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Camaro6 Cliff Notes....

I got my
Ok, in all fairness, M6G has an entire thread titled Guess What, Motor Trend favors the Camaro, again... that is up to 65 pages and almost 1,000 posts. That’s on top of any Mustang vs Camaro threads.

The popcorn has more butter over there.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #1789
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
@FastCarFanBoy
@Newmoon

Is there an A8 SS magazine review other than the Hot Rod one where they state they were just @&$*ing around?

Point is that no magazine set out to get a max effort 1/4 run in the SS. However, the Camaro6 fast list is developed enough to see the average of 30 as 12.1 sec with multiple hero runs at 11.9. Very unlikely they were all lying as newmoon suggest

The GT* caught up and you are presenting this dishonesty. We can all look forward to seeing what and SS A10 will do against the A10 GT in the reviews this fall.

* GT, A10, PP, Michelin PS, 3.55 in drag race mode

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #1790
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
@FastCarFanBoy
@Newmoon

Is there an A8 SS magazine review other than the Hot Rod one where they state they were just @&$*ing around?

Point is that no magazine set out to get a max effort 1/4 run in the SS. However, the Camaro6 fast list is developed enough to see the average of 30 as 12.1 sec with multiple hero runs at 11.9. Very unlikely they were all lying as newmoon suggest

The GT* caught up and you are presenting this dishonesty. We can all look forward to seeing what and SS A10 will do against the A10 GT in the reviews this fall.

* GT, A10, PP, Michelin PS, 3.55 in drag race mode
@hotlap

I don't even know what you're trying to say. That the magazines that tested the SS weren't trying to get the best times out of the car? If you are...come on man.

fast lists are not relevant because you have way too many uncontrolled variables plus potential for hidden mods. Versus magazines where they use the same measuring devices and some like C&D even d/a correct.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #1791
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
@hotlap

I don't even know what you're trying to say. That the magazines that tested the SS weren't trying to get the best times out of the car? If you are...come on man.

fast lists are not relevant because you have way too many uncontrolled variables plus potential for hidden mods. Versus magazines where they use the same measuring devices and some like C&D even d/a correct.
What he was saying, that the testing for the SS was a different mind set compared to the GT. They went to a track with the SS trying to get as many runs as they could in a short time with no cool downs, no tire pressure adjustments, and not so good preeped track in higher DA. While the GT went there specific to try what ever they could to get the best time on a very well prepped track, ample cool down, tire adjustments, and great DA. So yes the times are the times they got, but under different priorities.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #1792
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Still waiting to see a stock GT slay a Zl1. I think we are going on a year now with the claim. I've popped over 100 bags of popcorn since then.