Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #2437
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
No I'm not talking about doing it in perfect conditions with a 20 MPH tailwind while going downhill and in a Mustang with A10 and specific gears and specific modes or whatever. I asked if there is a S550 Mustang that can go 11.8 AND trap over 120 MPH in the quarter mile bone stock with nothing changed, modded, or altered. And the answer is no.
That's false. What a car is capable of in the 1/4 is highly dependent on track prep atmospheric conditions and a driver knowing how to get the best out of his car.

The A10 GT is absolutely capable of 11.8@120 at sea level d/a. It will never run that time at Bandimere, but it will in the NE/SE in the fall/winter.

you asked... "if there is a S550 Mustang that can go 11.8 AND trap over 120 MPH in the quarter mile bone stock with nothing changed, modded, or altered." I say yes under the right track conditions. If you can't understand that then you probably shouldn't be involved in this discussion as the subject matter is beyond your comprehension.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #2438
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
That's false. What a car is capable of in the 1/4 is highly dependent on track prep atmospheric conditions and a driver knowing how to get the best out of his car.

The A10 GT is absolutely capable of 11.8@120 at sea level d/a. It will never run that time at Bandimere, but it will in the NE/SE in the fall/winter.

you asked... "if there is a S550 Mustang that can go 11.8 AND trap over 120 MPH in the quarter mile bone stock with nothing changed, modded, or altered." I say yes under the right track conditions. If you can't understand that then you probably shouldn't be involved in this discussion as the subject matter is beyond your comprehension.
Obviously it can't considering the fact that not one of them has yet and that you had to alter the question to answer it. No. It can't. It hasn't. And it won't. Even the modded GT in your little link with "drag pack" could not trap 120. Evans at his best in the best of conditions could not trap 120. And that is the problem with you and with Mustangs. Because a Camaro can do it. It doesn't matter where or when or if it's a pro drive like Randy or an occasional track goer like myself. A ZL1 can do 11.8 and over 120. With the Mustang everything has to be perfect with the best driver and even then it still hasn't not once. And if I asked you to post a stock Mustang doing it you would not be able to because they can't. So again, the answer is no.

And the fact that you have to dance around the question proves that it can't.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #2439
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Obviously it can't considering the fact that not one of them has yet and that you had to alter the question to answer it. No. It can't. It hasn't. And it won't. Even the modded GT in your little link with "drag pack" could not trap 120. Evans at his best in the best of conditions could not trap 120. And that is the problem with you and with Mustangs. Because a Camaro can do it. It doesn't matter where or when or if it's a pro drive like Randy or an occasional track goer like myself. A ZL1 can do 11.8 and over 120. With the Mustang everything has to be perfect with the best driver and even then it still hasn't not once. And if I asked you to post a stock Mustang doing it you would not be able to because they can't. So again, the answer is no.

The car in the link trapped over 120 ever pass and trapped over 121 on one of them. Cars.com went 119.7? in their road test. A guy on M6G trapped 119.3 in 1300' d/a... the car is capable of 120 at sea lvl d/a... get over it.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #2440
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
The car in the link trapped over 120 ever pass and trapped over 121 on one of them. Cars.com went 119.7? in their road test. A guy on M6G trapped 119.3 in 1300' d/a... the car is capable of 120 at sea lvl d/a... get over it.
Ok, I didn't look at the MPH on the link close enough. I thought it said 116. But still, 119 is NOT 120. And not one of them has gone 120 bone stock unmodded unaltered like I said.

So here is what you said regarding your link:
"I asked if anyone had gone faster than that specific car. A yes with a link or a no was all that was required, instead I got a couple a silly responses from the usual suspects and Ultra saying he was close and he thinks he saw a guy on youtube do it...no link though."

Now I asked you a specific question. And I can say the same thing. That a yes or no was all that was required. Instead you gave me silly responses as well as saying that this person or that person was close and that in perfect conditions it could despite the fact that in perfect conditions it hasn't. So you're sitting here with these loaded bullshit questions and then hazing people for their answers but now you're giving the same exact type of answers when you're asked a question. "A guy on M6G trapped 119", "Cars.com trapped 119.7". So the answer is no then. No S550 Mustang has gone 11.8 AND over 120 bone stock unaltered unmodded. Close is still no. 119.999 is still no.

So if you're gonna be one way, then be consistent pal. For all the things I say I can at least say I'm consistent. You change things to suit your argument and call people out for their replys and then turn around and make the same damn replys but it's OK because it suits you and that doesn't fly. If you're gonna be an asshole to people who give you an answer, then expect to get the same asshole-ish reply when you give a dumbass reply to a simple question. Your answer is no.

And, for the record, I asked if there were any that went 11.8 AND trapped 120 or if any had already done it. I didn't ask if it was "capable" of doing it. I asked how many of them actually did it. And you changed the question or changed your answer to say that under the right conditions it is capable of it. So again, your answer to the question that I asked you three times is no. Not one S550 Mustang has gone 11.8 AND trapped over 120 bone stock unaltered in the quarter mile.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #2441
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I didn't look at the MPH on the link close enough. I thought it said 116. But still, 119 is NOT 120. And not one of them has gone 120 bone stock unmodded unaltered like I said.

So here is what you said regarding your link:
"I asked if anyone had gone faster than that specific car. A yes with a link or a no was all that was required, instead I got a couple a silly responses from the usual suspects and Ultra saying he was close and he thinks he saw a guy on youtube do it...no link though."

Now I asked you a specific question. And I can say the same thing. That a yes or no was all that was required. Instead you gave me silly responses as well as saying that this person or that person was close and that in perfect conditions it could despite the fact that in perfect conditions it hasn't. So you're sitting here with these loaded bullshit questions and then hazing people for their answers but now you're giving the same exact type of answers when you're asked a question. "A guy on M6G trapped 119", "Cars.com trapped 119.7". So the answer is no then. No S550 Mustang has gone 11.8 AND over 120 bone stock unaltered unmodded. Close is still no. 119.999 is still no.

So if you're gonna be one way, then be consistent pal. For all the things I say I can at least say I'm consistent. You change things to suit your argument and call people out for their replys and then turn around and make the same damn replys but it's OK because it suits you and that doesn't fly. If you're gonna be an asshole to people who give you an answer, then expect to get the same asshole-ish reply when you give a dumbass reply to a simple question. Your answer is no.
I posted a link and asked if anyone had gone faster than that particular car, similarly moded...period...in any conditions. That is a yes or no answer. You asked "if there is a S550 Mustang that can go 11.8 AND trap over 120 MPH in the quarter mile bone stock with nothing changed, modded, or altered. Do you not see the difference in those 2 questions? The answer to your question , which you made no stipulation about conditions, is yes the 18 GT can run those #'s given good track conditions. Like I said let the good racing seasons come and go and then we will see what's what.

We as racers do not get to bitch about the conditions in which a car runs it's times in. I've seen guys brag about times that hey have ran in -2400 d/a and seen their times posted on a fast list...but you dont get to tell the guy his car can't run those times. He will never run that time at PBIR , but he can run it one day a year at Atco/Mir/Cecil and he'll have the timeslip to show you.

Has any bone stock GT gone 11.8@120mph to date...no none have.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #2442
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I posted a link and asked if anyone had gone faster than that particular car, similarly moded...period...in any conditions. That is a yes or no answer. You asked "if there is a S550 Mustang that can go 11.8 AND trap over 120 MPH in the quarter mile bone stock with nothing changed, modded, or altered. Do you not see the difference in those 2 questions? The answer to your question , which you made no stipulation about conditions, is yes the 18 GT can run those #'s given good track conditions. Like I said let the good racing seasons come and go and then we will see what's what.
Are you out of your damn mind? Here is what I asked...
Quote:
Well I'll give you a different reply. How many bone stock S550 Mustangs out there have trapped better than 122 MPH or gone faster than an 11.8? No "drag pack", no mods at all, no lowered tire pressure, on factory stock tires, no launching, no "drag mode", stock weight with nothing removed...how many S550 Mustangs out there can run an 11.8 and/or hit 122 MPH in the quarter mile in those conditions? I mean, since we're asking loaded questions. Not a single one.
That was the first time I asked you.
Quote:
And then I asked you if there were any S550 GTs trapping 11.8 and 122 MPH bone stock on factory tires without any changes or adjustments at all to which we all know the answer is no.
That was the second time I asked you.
Quote:
So now I ask you, is there any S550 Mustang running an 11.8 and trapping 122 MPH bone stock on stock tires with stock tire pressure and no mods, no changes, full weight, nothing altered at all?
That was the third time I asked you.
Quote:
I still wanna know how many bone stock unmodded unaltered S550 Mustangs can hit 11.8 and trap over 120 MPH in the quarter. But I guess you're not answering that...
This is the fourth time I asked you. Except this time I asked if they CAN. And the answer is no, they can't. You gave examples of Cars.com and some dude on M6G, both of whom couldn't.
Quote:
Has any bone stock GT gone 11.8@120mph to date...no none have.
And you finally answered the question after all that bullshit. And I will add that I didn't say "GT", I asked if there was any S550 Mustang that has done it. To which the answer is still no. And I'll go further to say that no Mustang has gone 11.8 and over 120 bone stock unmodded unaltered since 2014. In fact, Ford is the only one with a Muscle Car or Pony Car or whatever you wanna call it that cannot do an 11.8 AND 120 as I described. So thank you for finally answering the question after all your nonsense and hypocrisy.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #2443
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Are you out of your damn mind? Here is what I asked...

That was the first time I asked you.

That was the second time I asked you.

That was the third time I asked you.

This is the fourth time I asked you. Except this time I asked if they CAN. And the answer is no, they can't. You gave examples of Cars.com and some dude on M6G, both of whom couldn't.

And you finally answered the question after all that bullshit. And I will add that I didn't say "GT", I asked if there was any S550 Mustang that has done it. To which the answer is still no. And I'll go further to say that no Mustang has gone 11.8 and over 120 bone stock unmodded unaltered since 2014. In fact, Ford is the only one with a Muscle Car or Pony Car or whatever you wanna call it that cannot do an 11.8 AND 120 as I described. So thank you for finally answering the question after all your nonsense and hypocrisy.
I guess I just ignore most of your posts but when you posted this..." I still wanna know how many bone stock unmodded unaltered S550 Mustangs can hit 11.8 and trap over 120 MPH in the quarter. But I guess you're not answering that..." I decided to respond and once again the answer to that question is an A10 GT can and will do it.

how many S550 can hit 11.8@122 ...probably none, but who even knows wtf your point is.

No Mustang has done it since 2014. Ok but it took the Camaro 4 years to catch up... so what?

Last edited by FastCarFanBoy; 10-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #2444
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I guess I just ignore most of your posts but when you posted this... I still wanna know how many bone stock unmodded unaltered S550 Mustangs can hit 11.8 and trap over 120 MPH in the quarter. But I guess you're not answering that... I decided to respond and once again the answer to that question is an A10 GT can and will do it.
Let me know when one does. You can ignore my posts all you want. Doesn't matter one bit. But I answered your stupid question about how many Camaros can do what that GT did with only a drag pack. There are plenty that are doing what he did bone stock. Your answer is a "silly" reply about someone on M6G who didn't do it and Cars.com who also didn't. And your answer now is still that nobody has. So again, thanks for your answer. Try to be less hypocritical in the future.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #2445
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

Why are we comparing a ZL1 to a GT, is the SS that much behind the new GT that we need to jump to a ZL1 in comparisons? Silly argument.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 10-05-2018 at 07:13 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 AM   #2446
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Why are we comparing a ZL1 to a GT, is the SS that much behind the new GT that we need to jump to a ZL1 in comparisons? Silly argument.
that’s why I was ignoring him. Everyone else seemed to understand that I was asking if the SS had been faster.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #2447
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
First off, I'm not comparing a ZL1 to the GT. Ford has nothing that costs less than damn near half a million dollars that can compete with the ZL1 at anything performance related at this point. Go back and read his post. He asked if any Camaro could do such and such to which I answered him.
Quote:
that’s why I was ignoring him. Everyone else seemed to understand that I was asking if the SS had been faster.
You were being a smart-ass and you were trolling when you asked that question. And it isn't out of your character. So you got an answer that was in line with your question. Except it was a valid answer to what you asked. And then you acted like a smart-ass to Ultra when he answered you just to turn around and be a hypocrite and give the same type of answer to me. So you got back exactly what you put out.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 10-05-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #2448
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Furthermore, every time a Mustang does something even remotely impressive it's with some condition that has to be met for it to do whatever the hell it does. Either it needs to be modded or it has to be a pro driver or it has to be in ideal weather or we get statements like

Quote:
What a car is capable of in the 1/4 is highly dependent on track prep atmospheric conditions and a driver knowing how to get the best out of his car.
or
Quote:
It will never run that time at Bandimere, but it will in the NE/SE in the fall/winter.
or
Quote:
If the conditions are right any A10 , 3.55 PS4S car should be able to run that E.T and very close to that mph with a good driver.
or
Quote:
Lets revisit this question after the fall/winter months.
or
Quote:
Cars.com went 119.7? in their road test. A guy on M6G trapped...
All BS responses. But when Ultra answered FCFB, this was the reply from FCFB
Quote:
I asked if anyone had gone faster than that specific car. A yes with a link or a no was all that was required, instead I got a couple a silly responses from the usual suspects and Ultra saying he was close and he thinks he saw a guy on youtube do it...no link though.
So that is why I answered him the way I did. You guys sit here with excuses and BS every time you're asked if the Mustang can do this or that. But when you ask us and we give a legit answer you talk shit. So that is why I say that he is a hypocrite and he tried to troll.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #2449
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Furthermore, every time a Mustang does something even remotely impressive it's with some condition that has to be met for it to do whatever the hell it does. Either it needs to be modded or it has to be a pro driver or it has to be in ideal weather or we get statements like

or

or

or

or

All BS responses. But when Ultra answered FCFB, this was the reply from FCFB

So that is why I answered him the way I did. You guys sit here with excuses and BS every time you're asked if the Mustang can do this or that. But when you ask us and we give a legit answer you talk shit. So that is why I say that he is a hypocrite and he tried to troll.
How the **** is asking whether the Camaro has run faster than a particular time by a Mustang a troll when its posted in a"Vs 2018 Mustang" thread. You have to be the most hypersensitive fanboy I have come across besides "thepill".

The Camaro has had 3 yrs of fall/winters to run in. Some of the guys who are posting the fastest times frequent this thread. I asked a legit question without knowing the answer. I had not seen a faster pass from the camaro with those mods, but I'm not upto date on what the Camaro has best run.

My responses to Ultra and Snow were matter of fact and not condescending in the slightest, I don't believe they took it that way, but if they did it was not my intention.

Why do you even care? you are the guy who takes his car to the track to not try. Yet you get the most defensive about things that apparently matter little to you.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:44 PM   #2450
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The new gt is a great performer. But the SS is still in the game. That’s how I see it. Pretty impressive for a drivetrain introduced almost 5 years ago.

I might have to give the GT a slight edge NA bolt on all things equal. But nothing that can’t easily be overcome. And when it comes to heads cam NA power output the lt1 is beast already reaching nearly 600 rwhp with ported stock castings. Then after that it’s not cube limited like the coyote. NA to NA in the end lt1 wins. Now boost is a different story. On the stock bottom end the mustang is superior. It also doesn’t have as many fueling issues. The lt1 can get it done but you need pistons and expensive fueling upgrades to compete with a more basic FI coyote setup. But in the end it all comes down to money
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote