Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #2619
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
I'm an engineer, I'm 23, and I bought my car in cash. $48k. I'm most definitely doing better than you at this age. So relax buddy. You probably financed your cars for 84 months LOL.

I don't give a shit about the 350R. I don't have one. Don't want one. And they're slow because of their gearing and power band. Everyone knows an 18+ GT and SS are faster.

Answer this question, why are all supercharged GM cars running like they have 100 less horsepower than advertised?

So congrats on spending $65k on a car that traps 2 mph faster than a $40k mustang LFMAO
0:13
Quote:
Well, if you don't care about measurable performance and are instead into the "cowboy science" side of things, you have your winner.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...ck-comparison/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #2620
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

The ZL1 is the faster in the quarter mile and on a track than any street legal, street able, Mustang that has ever been produced. Your GT is nowhere even close to a ZL1. Bone stock show me one street legal stock Mustang that has gone 11.4 in a test. It doesn't exist. Why is that? Didn't the 13-14 GT500 have more HP and weighed less? So why is it slower? And there are plenty of ZL1s that have gone high 10s bone stock.
Another dumb question that anyone with basic knowledge should be able to understand... The '13-'14 500 was not available with an Auto. Even with the 6r80 it would handle a 6gZL1 with the magical A10. And we're comparing a 4yo last gen Mustang using engine tech from the 2000's to GM latest and greatest small block offering?

Can you recommend a good polish? I have some swirl marks that i'm having trouble getting out.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #2621
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Haha I just wanted all the toys like the digital dash and active exhaust. I doubt you were buying a $48k car in cash at 23. If I took out the type of loan you did, I could've gotten a 911 Turbo
Actually, I did. Go me!! And actually, back then I had several Camaros at the same time. And if I had $48K to spend, it wouldn't be on a GT. Probably worth $20K right now IF that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
And we know all of these 10s are from none stock ZL1s how, because their owners say they are? What is the fastest reviewed pass for a ZL1? 11:40s? At least the Hellcat has reviewed passes in the 11:00s.
Yet again I'll repeat myself. When you guys bring up YT videos and what others claim to have done, then I'll do the same. Do I believe any of these guys or take their word for anything? Well I'm not as gullible as you seem to be. But I would trust them more than a Mustang guy as you all seem to lie and decieve way more than anyone else.

If you want to talk reviewed passes then I'll gladly stick to that. No street legal stock Mustang has done an 11.4. I've never seen a test where a stock Hellcat has gone 11 flat. So I'm calling your bluff on that one. If you have that link then I'd like to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Another dumb question that anyone with basic knowledge should be able to understand... The '13-'14 500 was not available with an Auto. Even with the 6r80 it would handle a 6gZL1 with the magical A10.
For starters, I didn't say it was available with an auto trans. And it has not gone 11.4 ever bone stock. And it definitely won't keep up around a track. So if by "handle" you mean "get it's ugly ass kicked" then I would have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
And we're comparing a 4yo last gen Mustang using engine tech from the 2000's to GM latest and greatest small block offering?
That's the last time Ford offered something impressive. Not my fault if the past 4 years since then has been nothing but garbage from Ford.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #2622
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
I'm an engineer, I'm 23, and I bought my car in cash. $48k. I'm most definitely doing better than you at this age. So relax buddy. You probably financed your cars for 84 months LOL.

I don't give a shit about the 350R. I don't have one. Don't want one. And they're slow because of their gearing and power band. Everyone knows an 18+ GT and SS are faster.

Answer this question, why are all supercharged GM cars running like they have 100 less horsepower than advertised?

So congrats on spending $65k on a car that traps 2 mph faster than a $40k mustang LFMAO
You sound like a 15 year old bragging about dad's car in high school. What kind of engineering work do you do and how long have you been there?
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #2623
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Part of the problem is the massive amount of torque management from the factory. It’s worse in the zl1 than the SS and even worse in the manuals. In fact to this day very few people have tuned out the launch bog on any manual 6th gen.
I can see why GM wanted to go this route. They wanted a car that had the brute power but could also control itself. And over the years, between the Mustangs and Camaros I've owned, the Camaros have always had more control. If any of my Mustangs started to fishtail or slide, it would just continue to do so. Thankfully I've never hit anything. In my Camaros, if they started slide, they would correct on their own with little input. Sometimes just letting off the gas would cause it to correct itself and snap back into place. However I think GM put a little too much TM into these newer cars. I get it that they have more power than any of the previous Camaros. But they programmed way too much TM into it. To the point that the M6s need to be finessed just right to get a good ET. So while it isn't good for all out performance, we also don't see Camaro slamming into crowds, objects, or blowing engines, transmissions, axles to the extent that the Mustangs do.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #2624
1295/SS

Quote:
Haha I just wanted all the toys like the digital dash and active exhaust. I doubt you were buying a $48k car in cash at 23. If I took out the type of loan you did, I could've gotten a 911 Turbo
You did it again I see. Do you realize how bad you're embarrassing yourself?
Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #2625
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I can see why GM wanted to go this route. They wanted a car that had the brute power but could also control itself. And over the years, between the Mustangs and Camaros I've owned, the Camaros have always had more control. If any of my Mustangs started to fishtail or slide, it would just continue to do so. Thankfully I've never hit anything. In my Camaros, if they started slide, they would correct on their own with little input. Sometimes just letting off the gas would cause it to correct itself and snap back into place. However I think GM put a little too much TM into these newer cars. I get it that they have more power than any of the previous Camaros. But they programmed way too much TM into it. To the point that the M6s need to be finessed just right to get a good ET. So while it isn't good for all out performance, we also don't see Camaro slamming into crowds, objects, or blowing engines, transmissions, axles to the extent that the Mustangs do.
I agree lol
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #2626
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1295/SS View Post
You did it again I see. Do you realize how bad you're embarrassing yourself?
Lol if you think it's even possible to get embarrassed on a Camaro forum, you need help. When I asked why the ZL1 traps so low in the 1/4 mile, Blaq said it doesn't matter because I can't afford one (which is wrong).

I guess the question still stands. Why do ZL1s and Z06s trap so low? To me it tells me they are either all getting heat soaked before the 1/4 mile is over, or it's just not making the advertised 650hp from the factory. I suspect its a bit of both.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #2627
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Lol if you think it's even possible to get embarrassed on a Camaro forum, you need help. When I asked why the ZL1 traps so low in the 1/4 mile, Blaq said it doesn't matter because I can't afford one (which is wrong).

I guess the question still stands. Why do ZL1s and Z06s trap so low? To me it tells me they are either all getting heat soaked before the 1/4 mile is over, or it's just not making the advertised 650hp from the factory. I suspect its a bit of both.
Neither. ZL1s and Camaros in general do not heat soak. Not when stock anyway. No publication has gone out in negative DA and really tried hard for the best time. Until recently the SS was so much faster than the GT it was laughable. And thus far Ford has no answer for the ZL1 or ZLE.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #2628
1295/SS

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point, again. What kind of engineer and how long have you been there?
Old 11-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #2629
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
This is still going on? I see Ford boys still exaggerating.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #2630
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

It shouldn't matter to you because you have no interest in anything other than trolling. And you can't afford one. Worry about why GTs have engine problems and clutch problems and transmission problems. That is what should concern you more than what a faster car that is out of your means traps.

Anyway, your question was answered. GM put a lot into tuning these cars so that they are well controlled. That is a necessary evil thanks to the idiots who have been plowing into crowds and other people's property these past few years. ZL1s and Z06s typically make around mid 500s to the wheels. Which is more than what they should be making based on their advertised HP. Although they are not as under-rated as the Hellcats are, they are still obviously under-rated based on the numbers.

Heat soak is not a thing on the 6th Gen Zl1s and on the 17 and up Z06s. That was a problem with the Z06s up to 2016 and GM sent out a fix for it anyway. And even at that it was only when pushed on the track for extended periods in excessive temps. There are plenty of people who DD Z06s in heavy traffic that never had an issue with overheating. And plenty who have gone to the track and didn't overheat either. On the ZL1, it was specifically designed to NOT overheat. It was tested and no matter how hard they pushed it, the car would not overheat. It has like 11 heat exchangers and the grille is designed for cooling. In fact the ZL1 did not get the front end redesign for 2019 because of the fact that it was already optimal for cooling. So heat is not an issue unless you pulley the car.

As far as trap speeds, the ZL1 and Z06 are very well controlled and put power to the ground very well. Probably better than any other car I've owned with exception to AWD vehicles. If you went to the track and know anything about racing (which you don't on both accounts) then you'd know that it isn't unexpected for a car that hooks well to have a lower MPH than a car that spins a little. The tires on the ZL1 were made specifically for the ZL1 and they are as close to a DR as it gets. It is basically a DR in disguise. Plus every ZL1 comes with lots of options which adds weight. Mine weighs around 4100 pounds if not more. So all of that plays a part. It doesn't matter tho because it still gets to the end of a quarter mile faster than any stock street legal Mustang can do. Which says a lot for a car that was tuned to be on the track.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #2631
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Yes he ran 11:80s in his 650 hp ZL1 without even trying.
Oh...I see.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #2632
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Yes he ran 11:80s in his 650 hp ZL1 without even trying.
You’re a seasoned drag racer. Knowing you’ve quoted the Boss as 4.0 for 0-60 and 12.3 et, what have you run in your Boss?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote