Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Why I love my FIFTY!

I am posting this because I just can't believe what a work of engineering art this car is.

I recently purchased a FIFTY convertible for a few reasons. One was the collectibility. Another was the look of the FIFTY. It looks like a boxer with a pinstripe suit. The sound of the dual mode exhaust... that note is pure gear head. But what has been growing on me is the engineering. That car doesn't have a single rattle. The convertible is pretty sold. Very little flex for a vert. The engine is a masterpiece. (I sound like a little kid who just came from Disney). As someone who used to be a DJ I can tell you the Bose sound system is good enough that I don't have to spend thousands upgrade it. The steering feels firm. I can adjust the ride control by more than just the main modes. I can put the steering and sound in track mode while leaving the ride control in touring auto.

The FIFTY checked off many boxes for me.

Powerful - check
2 door - check
Classy - check
Handling - check
Convertible - check
Sporty Styling - check
Rare - check (FIFTY)
Sound system - check
Ride control - check
Rear camera - check

I'm sure I'm missing something else but that's why this car is growing on me by the day. I had to get this off my chest.
Donrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donrican View Post
I am posting this because I just can't believe what a work of engineering art this car is.

I recently purchased a FIFTY convertible for a few reasons. One was the collectibility. Another was the look of the FIFTY. It looks like a boxer with a pinstripe suit. The sound of the dual mode exhaust... that note is pure gear head. But what has been growing on me is the engineering. That car doesn't have a single rattle. The convertible is pretty sold. Very little flex for a vert. The engine is a masterpiece. (I sound like a little kid who just came from Disney). As someone who used to be a DJ I can tell you the Bose sound system is good enough that I don't have to spend thousands upgrade it. The steering feels firm. I can adjust the ride control by more than just the main modes. I can put the steering and sound in track mode while leaving the ride control in touring auto.

Powerful - check
2 door - check
Classy - check
Handling - check
Convertible - check
Sporty Styling - check
Rare - check (FIFTY)
Sound system - check
Ride control - check
Rear camera - check

I'm sure I'm missing something else but that's why this car is growing on me by the day. I had to get this off my chest.
exactly!!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
I can not wait to get mine!

Looking to purchase in the next 60 days! I am glad you love yours, but reading that just made me so much more impatient!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:

Powerful - check
2 door - check
Classy - check
Handling - check
Convertible - check
Sporty Styling - check
Rare - check (FIFTY)
Sound system - check
Ride control - check
Rear camera - check

Right On Brother!!!! And don't forget, a total chick magnet,,,lol
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
It's becoming one of my favorite SS on the scene!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Smile

Ya, get the same felling every time I step into the garage! Now that I have a few kms on the car, it is starting to run even better.
Cool to sit back after you wash it, crack a beer, and just admire a great looking car.
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Im partial to the 50th also..
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:09 AM   #8
kseguin

Drives: 2017 2SS MRC NPP
Me too, went from the 45th RS to the 50th 2SS.

Love it.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #9
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:

Powerful - check
2 door - check
Classy - check
Handling - check
Convertible - check
Sporty Styling - check
Rare - check (FIFTY)
Sound system - check
Ride control - check
Rear camera - check

Nailed it Brother!!!!!!!

Mike
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #10
mduck

Drives: not
Wow!

Hopefully she is just one month away..... those body lines of a coupe though
Thanks for making it even tougher with all the waiting ....

.)
mduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #11
duck899

Drives: 2017 50th
Love mine too