Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #1
iLilDark

Drives: Camaro 2013 LT
Which one of these parts i need for the A/C?

I have a 2013 LT with around 100K miles on it, around a month ago my AC completely stopped getting me cold air so I changed the Freon, worked for few days then back to hot, sent the car to some garage who did full check/flush for the AC system, worked but was barely cold and now back to hot, 3 days ago my car felt like chocking when accelerating -full stop or while driving- it'd literately take a second or two till it responds, when I turn off the AC it'd go just fine.
Yesterday took it to another shop who did full check for the car and they were exaggerating with a list of what i need to change -like plates bulb lights- but they said I do need to change my AC compressor, condenser and the expansion valve, now I'm really really sick and tired of spending lots of money on stuff that doesn't fix my problem, I live in Dubai and the heat is unf**kingreal around here, do you guy think the 3 parts need to be replaced in order to fix this?
Appropriate any help.
iLilDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
sounds like you have a leak...just had my compressor replaced and is blowin nice and cold again so yeah looks like you need the parts...

Good luck!

PEACE
Old 07-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
If the AC compressor takes a major dump, it will cause debris to clog the condenser and is very hard to get clean. A lot of the compressor suppliers will not warranty the compressor if the condenser is not replaced. I'm not sure why the expansion valve would have to be replaced, but it's only a small portion of what you are going to be spending. I'm to the point that I replace as many parts as I can while a system is tore apart if the additional cost isn't to bad.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote