Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Overhead Console Rattle

I have a very subtle rattle in my overhead console. I have wrapped all of the wire connectors in foam tape. I padded as much as I could up there with dynaliner and it still rattles.

Has anyone encountered and fixed this?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
I have the same exact issue..I have a very high bass system. The rattle is severe. The entire mirror and overhead console rattles. I am looking for a fix. i will have my installer look into it. Hit me back in about 2 weeks. i will tell u what he says. i am doin a complete new custom set up. That will be the next problem I tackle. but my though is to get something to literally clamp the liner against the roof....now inventing that will be the aventure.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
jeepguy_1980

It's bugging me. I added even more dynaliner and the rattle is worse.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
You'll just have to locate where exactly the rattle is and put more padding in. That's the only thing i can think of...
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
netz

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
I had this problem. The rattle is coming from the rearview mirror. If you look under your mirror, there is a torque screw (#20 I believe) that tightens it down to the mounting plate attached to the windshield. Try making sure this screw is tight. The cover that conceils the wires going to the mirror from the headliner may also be rattling loose. I popped this off (comes off with a slight pull) and attached a piece of 3M tape to the back and put it back on. This should fix most of what you are hearing now.

Edit: Just so you guys know I did not use any sound deadening materials and am running (2) 1200w 12" subs and don't hear any rattles inside the cabin. I would recommend doing what I said above before tearing everything apart looking for rattles that may not exist (sometimes tearing things apart creates worse rattles). My trunk however makes a little bit of noise that is heard from outside the car.
netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
jeepguy_1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by netz View Post
I had this problem. The rattle is coming from the rearview mirror. If you look under your mirror, there is a torque screw (#20 I believe) that tightens it down to the mounting plate attached to the windshield. Try making sure this screw is tight. The cover that conceils the wires going to the mirror from the headliner may also be rattling loose. I popped this off (comes off with a slight pull) and attached a piece of 3M tape to the back and put it back on. This should fix most of what you are hearing now.

Edit: Just so you guys know I did not use any sound deadening materials and am running (2) 1200w 12" subs and don't hear any rattles inside the cabin. I would recommend doing what I said above before tearing everything apart looking for rattles that may not exist (sometimes tearing things apart creates worse rattles). My trunk however makes a little bit of noise that is heard from outside the car.
The rattle you hear outside of the car is the pressure vents flapping. I fixed that on my car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...4&postcount=62

Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
A9AL8R

Drives: IBM 2LT W/CGM Stripes
My overhead rattle is the whole plastic Assembly and rear view mirror wire cover but thats only when the system is banging so no bass no rattle
Old 06-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
netz

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Yes mine was too. If you tighten the mirror down then 3m tape the wire cover you should be fine.
netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
A9AL8R

Drives: IBM 2LT W/CGM Stripes
Cool thanks