Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #15
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by solizaaron18 View Post
Mhhhh that is a good point frosty. Makes me want to go ahead and buy the diablo tune
Just be careful, if you have any powertrain related issues you better throw the stock tune back on because we can and(if the advisor and/or manager is in a pissy mood) will void your warranty. Just be careful.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #16
solizaaron18

Drives: Camaro SS 2014
Will do frosty! I appreciate all the help. Do you know of a place to get the z28 gm spoiler? I want to buy one soon.
solizaaron18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #17
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
i have the z28 cai (made by kn) in my 2014. i connecter the hose to my intake without cut anything, i hust used the tube in the kit as if the original one. of course i used the clamp
avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #18
avido

Quote:
Mhhhh that is a good point frosty. Makes me want to go ahead and buy the diablo tune
i was in your same doubt when i got my ss. if you want to buy a serious programmer, you could contact Jannetty and get a sct x4 from him. he is rally serious and professional an i got an awesome change after his tune. i'm really happy. also the sct x4 is a very amazing tool...it's like a very expensive diagnostic tool(as i have where i work)
i am not saying Jannetty is better than the other one,but he did an awesome job on my car
Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #19
solizaaron18

Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
i was in your same doubt when i got my ss. if you want to buy a serious programmer, you could contact Jannetty and get a sct x4 from him. he is rally serious and professional an i got an awesome change after his tune. i'm really happy. also the sct x4 is a very amazing tool...it's like a very expensive diagnostic tool(as i have where i work)
i am not saying Jannetty is better than the other one,but he did an awesome job on my car
Man that looks legit! Idk why I never thought about putting the z28 intake in mine. Looks very nice. How did you disconnect the regular hose though? I could not figure it out at all. I twisted and turned and nothing. How many horses did that programmer give you? How much did you throw down as well? I don't know if you know this but do you know of a site that I could purchase a z28 spoilers and put it on my ss 2014? I seen some on eBay but those are like 400 and another person on eBay that sells a lot of them but he is only selling it for 200 plus painting. I asked why his are so much cheaper then what Chevrolet sells them for and what are his made out of.. This is his response"Our spoilers are made of abs substrate, same as the factory. The dimensions are the same and the paint quality is top notch. Dealers across the country use our spoilers. You will be happy with it"
Sincerely,
Kevin @High Gear Auto Performance
What so you think about that answer? I'm still curious on why his are 200 and Chevrolet is 400 plus.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #20
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS

1st Read this thread... All of it. (The guide: 5th Gen Camaro Modifications)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290887

Then just browse around this section and read and read and read. You'll answer a lot of your questions and learn a ton. Reach out to vendors on here; they're all knowledgeable and happy to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Looks fine to me, but you may want to add a clamp to that line.

I'd look in the VMAX ported throttle bodies and an elite Engineering catch can as your next mods. Feel free to call, PM or email me if you have any questions.

Congrats on the SS and welcome to the site!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
2nd ^^ listen to this man. Catch Can, and ported TB. Get them both.
(neither will hurt your warranty.)
Apex, or Elite catch cans. Vmax or Bo White TB.
Quote:
Hello all. I am new to this website and thought I create an account last night so if I were to ever have any questions I could ask you all. I am 23 and I just bought my 14 SS about 8 months ago and I love it. Recently, I installed a K&N CAI on there and I love it so far. The only question I have on this subject is the crank case hose it came with the CAI. I want to make sure this is correct. The instructions say on the 2014 and later camaros you have to cut the original crank case vent hose and connect the one you got with the CAI to the trimmed part of the original. Is this correct? One more question as well... What mods can I purchase to were it won't mess with my warranty? Thank you for your help.
3rd once you've been reading a lot and have an idea the direction you'd like to take your car, then start planning what mods you want. A little planning on the front end can save you money two ways: 1. if you do mods together instead of separately you could save in labor and tuning costs. 2. it could potentially keep you from having to re-do some mods if you decide to take your car in a different direction.

There are a lot of us in the Houston area that will happily share our knowledge and help you decide what you're looking for. We also have some top notch vendors/ shops. If you look at my sig, that'll get you close to your HP goals. Just know, that if you plan on doing mods, be prepared to void your warranty.

oh and 4th, when you're ready for some black ZL1 wheels to make your white on black car look even better, PM me and I'll make you a killer deal on an almost brand new set.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #21
Taco Time

Here's a vendor for OEM Chevy ZL1 and Z/28 spoilers as well as the Wicker Bills.
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...2770_3060.html

Yes they're $400, but remember when looking at aftermarket fiberglass parts that you need to be mindful of their rigidity and fitment. Also how well do they take paint, etc. If you're going to buy an aftermarket hood or spoiler try to find people on here who have them already and ask what they think of them. OEM parts you know will fit correctly and will hold up.

(I'm not knocking the spoilers you have above; I know nothing about them. These are just questions you need to ask when considering upgrades.)
Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #22
solizaaron18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Here's a vendor for OEM Chevy ZL1 and Z/28 spoilers as well as the Wicker Bills.
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...2770_3060.html

Yes they're $400, but remember when looking at aftermarket fiberglass parts that you need to be mindful of their rigidity and fitment. Also how well do they take paint, etc. If you're going to buy an aftermarket hood or spoiler try to find people on here who have them already and ask what they think of them. OEM parts you know will fit correctly and will hold up.

(I'm not knocking the spoilers you have above; I know nothing about them. These are just questions you need to ask when considering upgrades.)
Taco, I appreciate you taking your time and sending all this to me. Like i said, If i have to go expensive then I will. I don't have a problem with that. I just want the right stuff for my car. I just saw your post on your new exhaust system… very nice! Congrats on that. Next time I sell a home out in Houston…the commission will be going towards a new exhaust system. Now about those rims you were telling me about. Im very interested in what you have. I have been looking for some rims as well but particular ones like the forgestar F14 in matte black.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #23
Taco Time

I sent you a PM bud. There's lots of nice wheels out there. Also lots of nice exhaust options. But you'll do exhaust next, then something else, then something else.... It's not gonna end!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #24
avido

Hi. Yes z28 intake looks awesome!

About the spoiler i got mine,original chevy parte from amazon,but it's a particoular situation couse i live in italy and no all of seller send everything ti italy.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #25
solizaaron18

Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
Hi. Yes z28 intake looks awesome!

About the spoiler i got mine,original chevy parte from amazon,but it's a particoular situation couse i live in italy and no all of seller send everything ti italy.
Wow man that's nice!! Italy huh? I wanna visit their one day. How much did you spend on yours?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #26
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
solizaaron18

Give us a call when you are ready to void your warranty. We are right next door to you in Louisiana. We do tons of cars from the Houston area!

Congrats on the new car!

Nick
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #27
avido

Quote:
Wow man that's nice!! Italy huh? I wanna visit their one day. How much did you spend on yours?
10 minutes to dremove caps and nuts but 20 minutes to put some heat (with heat gun)on the older sealant... but i little bit portion of paint gone away with the strong sealant.