Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Roller Rockers Trick flow heads

Searching for roller rockers for Gen x 255cc heads and I can't find anyone that makes them. I thought Yella Terra was coming out with some but I just checked their website and they don't. A few months ago I called Trick Flow and they said they would get back with me and nothing.

Anyone know if the aftermarket makes these?

Thanks for your time,
Robert.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
blake-b


 
blake-b's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 2,995
Why not keep the stock ones?
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Why not keep the stock ones?
In the future I want to build a 454ci solid roller cam engine and the large cam lift I want to use might be too much for the stockers. I could be wrong.
I have an email into Jesel. They make a shaft mount for the 235cc heads so they may have a set up for the 255cc.

Robert.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
brick59
Sucker Punch
 
brick59's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1, 2007 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 130
Crower and T&D makes them,

Crower Shaft Rockers for Trick Flow LS3 Gen X 255 Heads with 5/8 Shafts, Part #74173F

last year when I was researching what heads to get it cam down to Trick flows or Mass
and Crower or T&D for rockers
__________________
10.07 @ 140 MPH, Mass heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, Ported blower and snout, NW102 TB, 2.5/9.1 Pulleys, ID 1300, Fore, DSX, E85, Meth Injection, Chiller, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 2" Headers, H/F Cats, Corsa, Circle D, RPM, BMR.
brick59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
CFD

 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Franklin , MA
Posts: 6,377
As mentioned above, T&D. I run a set of their rockers for the stock heads with an LLSR, quality and design is top notch.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #6
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick59 View Post
Crower and T&D makes them,

Crower Shaft Rockers for Trick Flow LS3 Gen X 255 Heads with 5/8 Shafts, Part #74173F

last year when I was researching what heads to get it cam down to Trick flows or Mass
and Crower or T&D for rockers
Thank you for your help !
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
SSeniorMoment

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 IOM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,160
I have the Jesel rockers on Frankenstein modded LS3 heads. As others have already posted, T&D and Crower are excellent choices. If you go with tall valve covers, you may need to reroute the a/c lines for clearance and removal.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #8
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
I have the Jesel rockers on Frankenstein modded LS3 heads. As others have already posted, T&D and Crower are excellent choices. If you go with tall valve covers, you may need to reroute the a/c lines for clearance and removal.
Thank you, good to know. I saw the price on the crower shafts and it's 1700 and I was thinking not bad for a set, but the more I look at it I think it's 1700 per side. That's a lot of money to me. Might have to go to a plan B. Lol.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #9
brick59
Sucker Punch
 
brick59's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1, 2007 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlsbobby View Post
Thank you, good to know. I saw the price on the crower shafts and it's 1700 and I was thinking not bad for a set, but the more I look at it I think it's 1700 per side. That's a lot of money to me. Might have to go to a plan B. Lol.
That's for a complete set, both sides, check around on price you can do a lot better than that. kip at cam motion gave me good deal on mine but I did buy a lot of stuff from him.
__________________
10.07 @ 140 MPH, Mass heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, Ported blower and snout, NW102 TB, 2.5/9.1 Pulleys, ID 1300, Fore, DSX, E85, Meth Injection, Chiller, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 2" Headers, H/F Cats, Corsa, Circle D, RPM, BMR.
brick59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #10
brick59
Sucker Punch
 
brick59's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1, 2007 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
If you go with tall valve covers, you may need to reroute the a/c lines for clearance and removal.
you will need tall valve covers to clear. I did have to bend the AC lines slightly away from the valve covers.
__________________
10.07 @ 140 MPH, Mass heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, Ported blower and snout, NW102 TB, 2.5/9.1 Pulleys, ID 1300, Fore, DSX, E85, Meth Injection, Chiller, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 2" Headers, H/F Cats, Corsa, Circle D, RPM, BMR.
brick59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick59 View Post
you will need tall valve covers to clear. I did have to bend the AC lines slightly away from the valve covers.
Thanks for the info.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #12
Buddy A
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: CC, Tx
Posts: 13
Check with Mama Motorsports. I have the 265 cc Trick Flows worked over by Tony Mamo. It's on a LS7. He had a set of Yella Terra Rollers made for Trick Flows. I believe he has them for LS3 as well. Much cheaper than $1,700 too
Buddy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
Carbuff
 
Drives: 1970 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 30
I have the same set of Crower's on a set of FRH ported TFS LS3 heads. Nice set of rockers. I was told that the price has gone up for them, I think I was recently quoted $1650. I've been pleased with them.

That said, I'm about to go through an upgrade, so I'll have my whole top-end for sale in the near future.
Carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #14
Dlsbobby
 
Dlsbobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuff View Post
I have the same set of Crower's on a set of FRH ported TFS LS3 heads. Nice set of rockers. I was told that the price has gone up for them, I think I was recently quoted $1650. I've been pleased with them.

That said, I'm about to go through an upgrade, so I'll have my whole top-end for sale in the near future.
I'll keep my eye out on the member's classified. Thanks.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.