Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Not knowing about one... and regretting buying one are totally different!

I'm with the other two... see if you can pickup a 1LE. You will NEVER here a 1LE owner say he regretted buying it... Unless it's for MO POWER.

Not even then. We just put in 6-8k and make a better version of the zl1
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #16
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Not even then. We just put in 6-8k and make a better version of the zl1
Well then... I sit corrected.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #17
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
That, my friend, is highway robbery--unless of course you have a nationwide 100k bumper to bumper warranty and free maintenance. Your target price is $20k.

Ultimately, do whatever you want
I just ran a search in your area (houston) and only found 1 for $21k with 10k more miles than the one he is looking at. Eveything else was at least 2-3k more and most with more miles aswell. Not sure why you think thats highway robbery....
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #18
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Some 1LE's in the Denver area around your price... fly and drive baby!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...CAM%7CSS&Log=0

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #19
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I regret not knowing about them until I bought mine, am I a Camaro fan?
You my friend are a Camaro God
Old 08-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #20
Ruby13

Drives: 2019 2SS/1LE Shadow Grey
Thanks everyone sticking with my 13 rs for now
Ruby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:26 AM   #21
warnerwh

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
If I could have found a 1LE in my area in the high 20's I would have bought it. Last month when I bought my Camaro I paid almost 27 for a 13 SS with 20k which is in line or on the low side for my area. 2010's are going for between 20-25 for asking prices. Most toward the 25k mark. According to a friend who buys and sells cars between new car dealers color also can make a difference in price. Red is more valuable apparently and you get the best for price usually and they are the easiest to sell so there are a number of variables on what is a good price for a specific area.
warnerwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #22
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Damn I paid 27.5k 4 years ago for my 10
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Ruby I would want to be driving a ruby red with that handle..lol but we have a ruby around here a old timer on the forum a nice gal. Up there in Delaware I would want to widen my search and maybe re think things. If I were to upgrade I would want a used ZL1, for you its a SS...visa versa.... But going back in years I would have to agree a 13 would be more in line and up because HUD is nice, FE4 is nice, rerouted heater hoses are nice, no 1st year possible issues is nice, mylink, retro mirror, leather dash inserts, power passenger seat, etc..... I like to think my 13 is the Pinnacle of the true retro as the style change went more south than north, the front nice the front lower grill not so nice, the tail lights...gag me but grow on you as its still after all a Camaro with a sweet arse....

I used to like to watch autotrader off and on, and eventually went from my 11 2ssrs triple black l99 vert to a 13 CRT coupe with a stick which is what I wanted only a zl1 was not in the cards. Color does matter, and upgrades are nice, but what mattered to me was not having to do a conversion and go high stall converter and getting that immediate difference in feel, the Crystal Claret Pearl Tricoat makes the car just that much more awesome and compliments always coming over the years and am not afrai to take it to any car show as I have had wedding parties take pics with my car, people video it, take pics with it and had people just plain stare it up in parking lots or where ever. Dare to be different.

Cammed its a crowd pleaser, and with my NPP I can be quiet or loud enough...sure not a no muffler 3" but hey to leave a car show opposite a 32 ford with basically just headers exhaust and then get on it passing them it opens up and that sound say V-F ing *8 balls Baby wamp, wamp, wamp and people go where the F did that come from awesome.... But the deal is with higher maintenance , ( springs changes over time, I use driven racing ls30 oil, have installed the CR5 timing chain, fluidampr, ls2 dampener, high volume pump, trunnion upgrade etc for longevity), and going there costs more than just the simple cam install. I go to a couple shows a year to see other guys toys many that do not daily drive them ever...LOL And I like being able to fix up this new ride compared to the old school, as I pay someone to do most of it because its dyno tuned and computerized.

And the handling is great and the grip of the tires great also. All these guys saying their 1le is all that well that could be you but everything takes time to find the right one, then well....its a keeper and you start investing and its a long haul if you want to personalize it. Like say better than 1le rear end, with better suspension and hey how about real all season radial sport tires that don't wear out in 15k miles and can daily drive and grip and this and that ..LOL Its more in what your budget is and your dreams but based in reality to what you can afford and what you really need it to do.

fast, reliable, affordable pick any two sort of deal... LOL good luck
Old 08-20-2016, 03:53 AM   #24
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby13 View Post
Which is a better option? Currently have the 13 LT/RS with GFx package 49k miles, is it worth trading in for a 2010 SS/RS with 19k miles for $24,600... Is it worth going back 3 years?
Picked up my '15 SS/RS for 27K with 1 mile on it.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:59 AM   #25
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Not knowing about one... and regretting buying one are totally different!

I'm with the other two... see if you can pickup a 1LE. You will NEVER here a 1LE owner say he regretted buying it... Unless it's for MO POWER.
I've met a few 1LE owners that regretted buying their car, but they were trying to make a 1LE a drag car and end up breaking everything
Old 08-20-2016, 08:40 AM   #26
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
I've met a few 1LE owners that regretted buying their car, but they were trying to make a 1LE a drag car and end up breaking everything
I never have figured out what makes a person buy a road race car for the drag strip. 1LE/ZL1. Why put all that money into fat tires and heavy suspension, extra downforce, braking, and cooling that will only slow you in the quarter?

Get your 1SS, throw in a short screw, and
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #27
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I never have figured out what makes a person buy a road race car for the drag strip. 1LE/ZL1. Why put all that money into fat tires and heavy suspension, extra downforce, braking, and cooling that will only slow you in the quarter?

Get your 1SS, throw in a short screw, and

Actually we don't have any extra cooling.
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #28
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
You have to be realistic about car prices that if you are getting a nice car it's going to cost a premium, you can get an SS cheaper that $24,000 but it will have 45,000+ miles on it. I paid $25,500 for my old Rally Yellow SS 2 years ago with 27k miles, I traded it in May to the same dealer I bought it from and they sold it after being on the lot for only a week or two with 43k miles on it and the sticker price was $24,990.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote