Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-01-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
Fondue Wormhole
Bad Example

Drives: Camaro SS
Cadillac Returns to Endurance Racing.

With Audi pulling out, Cadillac will be a nice addition. Here's hoping they put in the required resources and give it enough time.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/12/...I-V-R-7736685/
Fondue Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
That looks amazing!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Dallara is already a proven chassis, they will be using the same engines the Corvette DP teams used, 3 good teams and Jeff Gordon is returning to drive in the 24 Hours of Daytona with Wayne Taylor Racing.

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
BMR Sales

They did a pretty good copy of Porsche's LMP1 bodywork

Old 12-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fondue Wormhole View Post
With Audi pulling out, Cadillac will be a nice addition. Here's hoping they put in the required resources and give it enough time.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/12/...I-V-R-7736685/

As far as I know Caddy won't be racing this as a P1 or P2 in the WEC series .I think the WEC last year at Lemans said they weren't going to allow The DPI's from the IMSA series run in the P2 class because of the engines . DPI is = to the P2 cars in WEC. The problem is the P2 cars became a spec engine series in 2017 . This is for IMSA in the Weathertech series . Great looking car . Can't wait to see it at Watkins Glen .
Old 12-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
As far as I know Caddy won't be racing this as a P1 or P2 in the WEC series .I think the WEC last year at Lemans said they weren't going to allow The DPI's from the IMSA series run in the P2 class because of the engines . DPI is = to the P2 cars in WEC. The problem is the P2 cars became a spec engine series in 2017 . This is for IMSA in the Weathertech series . Great looking car . Can't wait to see it at Watkins Glen .
Correct!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yeah this is just for IMSA competition. Though I think they are trying to get the ACO to consider (or at least talk about) letting DPi cars run at LeMans. They're run on a chassis that is cleared to run, I think it's the DPi related regulations that are the problem.

DPi cars can choose their own engine as well as having the ability to change the design of the body around the front end, sidepods and around the wheels. Cadillac is running a V8 based on the LT block while Mazda is utilizing a 2.0l 4 cylinder turbo. Both have an output of 600hp.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #8
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Yeah this is just for IMSA competition. Though I think they are trying to get the ACO to consider (or at least talk about) letting DPi cars run at LeMans. They're run on a chassis that is cleared to run, I think it's the DPi related regulations that are the problem.

DPi cars can choose their own engine as well as having the ability to change the design of the body around the front end, sidepods and around the wheels. Cadillac is running a V8 based on the LT block while Mazda is utilizing a 2.0l 4 cylinder turbo. Both have an output of 600hp.
The ACO was going to let the DPI's run in the P2 class all the way up until Lemans of this year then they announced that the DPI 's weren't going to be allowed. Think it's because all the P2 cars are a spec engine for 2017. IMSA and the ACO worked closely on the DPI designs . Then the ACO told us pretty much to screw ourselves . "F" Them.

Honestly I'm glad about this . Should make the IMSA Prototype class a lot more interesting than the p1 and P2 Class in WEC.