Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #85
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
S/C it yourself BrO theres no way you can go wrong...
This idea isn't that bad all in all, but perhaps considering GM stuffs more rugged and specialized components into, specifically, LSA and LSA (like a mostly forged bottom end in LSA and a totally forged LS9, lower compression, heat treated and rotocast heads, additional multi-layer head gaskets, bigger head bolts in LS9, piston squirters, dual mode fuel systems, etc.) tells me that if you want the engine to last reliabily to 100K miles, these are the issues to address, among many others I'm sure I know nothing about. GM invests all that $$$ for a reason. I would just ask for people to perhaps keep that in mind when statements like this are made. An LS3 is not made for long-term FI; it'll take if for a long time I'm sure, but not like an engineered FI engine - LSA and LS9

JMVHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannutter View Post
If a Z06 and Cts-v can be built, so can a camaro ZL1. Charge $60k for it and limit the production run. Dealers mark them up to $100k at first. I don't care. Some one has the money to buy it and I'll get a used one as soon as I can. It's better to do that than NOT build the car in the firstplace.
Eek! I think a $60K Camaro would sell pretty poorly, but something is better than nothing. Just because there's no way I could afford that doesn't mean that others shouldn't have the opportunity

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #86
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
You wanna make the car lighter...Remove all the heavy stuff...Remove the stereo, speakers, speaker box and amp, rear seats, headlights (replace with stickers), rear lights, airbags, spare tire,spare tire cover, all the carpet, door intrusion beams. Replace the hood with the lightest Glass or Fiberglass pin-on's and replace rims with ones that are 11.9 lbs. each at the most. Remove the jack, jack holder, tools, rear seat belts, center console door and glove compartment door and latches, all the heat-shields and take out the sound deadening material from the floor-pan by using dry ice and a chisel and hammer. Don't forget to remove the on-star fin. If you really want to go race-car, remove the glass windows and replace with nets. Also, remove the air-conditioning unit at that point as well. On a final note, you could join Jenny Craig and lose some weight on the elliptical for that extra 20lbs . Enjoy your new car and make sure not to order the RS package and save some money since you'll have more to remove at that point .
Dude now why would I go and take all of that out of the car??? Don't answer questions if you can't be serious man!
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #87
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
Dude now why would I go and take all of that out of the car??? Don't answer questions if you can't be serious man!
If I buy the car with all that stuff, I want to leave it there - unless I go to the track for some racing and such. I don't know how anyone would want to take all that stuff out of such a beautiful car

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #88
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Hey man, to each his or her own.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #89
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If I buy the car with all that stuff, I want to leave it there - unless I go to the track for some racing and such. I don't know how anyone would want to take all that stuff out of such a beautiful car
My point exactly sir! I mEaN I would take some stuff off but nothing noticeable and nothing that would make the car unsafe ya know
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote