Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
pnsh3r

Drives: 2010 SS 6MT
STOCK BA TUNING - need bass?

I have seen that alot of you seem to dislike stock system for a lack of bass and I was in the same boat (ordered a ******** box, amp & sub today) but after researching how to hook up the amp I came across some interesting information. So, go back out to the car & mess with the settings & what do you know - BA does have pretty damn decent sound & sufficient bass. The secret is in setting the FADER to ~6-8 to the REAR (as the stock system uses rear for subs & some mid-range).
I know some of you have already figured this out, but any other new owner like me might find the info useful.
System sounds pretty damn poor when fader is centered, but with it set to rear it sounds way different - and best range is 6-8
I have my settings like this:
Treble - 12
Midrange - 2
Bass -12
Balance - center
Fader - 7R(rear)

Hope it helps someone
pnsh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Load up a gun and shoot the headunit then start over building a real system. I have given up hope on the BA.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
pnsh3r

Drives: 2010 SS 6MT
lol
i know that it sounds pretty simple - but, I just thought I'd give everyone heads up so they can try it before they give up on the stock system.
pnsh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I like the BA system. However, I agreed there wasn't enough bass....and there was no fix in it for me with the fader. I put in a 12" and 10" JL sub.

Yeah...the stock speakers are ok....we'll see how I feel about those later down the road.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote