Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #43
Yoda Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformers Ed.
High Wing Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob191288 View Post
About how much did it run you to fill the old holes?
I had always planned on the high wing and bought my Camaro with no spoiler at all. Little did I know I would have to wait 15 months for GM to release the wing. I'm sure your body shop could give you an estimate on filling the holes. It would be sweet if you could change back and forth from lip to high wing, but you would about have to have 2 trunk lids. The lip spoiler uses 6 small holes across the rear and it looks like the high wing dosen't use any of those 6. The high wing uses 4 small holes for the mounting bolts and a 5/8 hole for the 3rd brake light wire. GM recommends using a hole saw for the bigger hole, so I let the body shop do mine.
For those of you interested, I ordered mine from chevypartsplus almost a year ago and I guess GM decided to release it just in time for the new Transformers movie comming out soon. It looks like the new Bumble Bee will be sporting a somewhat similar high wing in the T3 movie. Anyway I would like to thank everyone for the compliments on the wing. I know it may not be for everyone, but I really like the agressive look.
Yoda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #44
Rob191288

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Thanks bud. I love the look of it. Guess I'm gonna have to find out how much it runs to fill the holes since I have the stock spoiler.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #45
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob191288 View Post
Thanks bud. I love the look of it. Guess I'm gonna have to find out how much it runs to fill the holes since I have the stock spoiler.
Or ask the dealer if they want to trade trunk lids from an LT. They could charge for the spoiler so they would be making money off the deal and you would be getting a trunk lid without holes. Easy as that. Not real sure how anybody would think that the high wing would bolt on using the factory holes from the basic spoiler. Seems like common sense would kick in...
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #46
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
man you should start a new thread so more people see this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda Man View Post
I'd be glad to. Here is one dead on from the rear, one showing the 3rd brake light in action, one proving that the trunk will still open, and one showing how much of an 8 point deer you can still see out the back glass.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #47
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Chevy parts plus has it body colored matched,,
http://www.chevypartsplus.com/produc...ray-gbv-p-1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
Or ask the dealer if they want to trade trunk lids from an LT. They could charge for the spoiler so they would be making money off the deal and you would be getting a trunk lid without holes. Easy as that. Not real sure how anybody would think that the high wing would bolt on using the factory holes from the basic spoiler. Seems like common sense would kick in...
Called my dealer about swapping my trunk lid and they said that they don't have any LTs without spoilers and the LS doesn't come in Red Jewel Tintcoat. They said that even if they did, they wouldn't want to swap because the paint was mixed at different times and has a chance of looking noticeably different when swapping panels between cars; that the paint may look like a matching colour beforehand, but once you get the panel swapped, it may be an obvious difference. Said it would be better to bondo the holes and then have it painted. : /

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #48
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Called my dealer about swapping my trunk lid and they said that they don't have any LTs without spoilers and the LS doesn't come in Red Jewel Tintcoat. They said that even if they did, they wouldn't want to swap because the paint was mixed at different times and has a chance of looking noticeably different when swapping panels between cars; that the paint may look like a matching colour beforehand, but once you get the panel swapped, it may be an obvious difference. Said it would be better to bondo the holes and then have it painted. : /
That suck if paint didn't match
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #49
Yoda Man

New Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
man you should start a new thread so more people see this!!!
I started a new thread and here is the link http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post3226236

Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #50
Yoda Man

Holes

Quote:

Thats a bummer about not being able to trade trunk lids. If you get an estimate on filling the holes, let everyone know about how much money we are talking about. You probably couldn't tell any difference in the paint if they would swap, but I bet they don't want to go to the trouble.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #51
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Nice look for the camaro.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #52
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainhart View Post
The high wing is pretty sweet. I'd say this and the Firebreather are the best options for spoilers that I've seen.

And they may yet be coming out with it, the Red Flash Camaro at SEMA had it:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113703

That is a sharp looking car. About the only I am not in love with is the wheels.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #53
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Just FYI, RodgersChevrolet.com has the HIGH WING spoilers in stock for immediate delivery
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #54
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
I find that kinda hard to believe since GM parts would sale them pre painted. If this was the case then the ones that come pre painted wouldnt match and everybody that ordered one would be angry. I think the dealer just dont feel like messing with it, cause my dealer told me they would in a heart beat.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #55
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
I find that kinda hard to believe since GM parts would sale them pre painted. If this was the case then the ones that come pre painted wouldnt match and everybody that ordered one would be angry. I think the dealer just dont feel like messing with it, cause my dealer told me they would in a heart beat.
May be. But it may be because the red jewel is a tri-coat. I may wait for a raised wing that utilises the six holes or get one custom made. Maybe have the supports attach in a series of shallow inverted Vs. I'm going to be talking to Kandy Kustomz about getting some stripes painted on, perhaps I'll pitch an idea for a custom wing.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #56
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda Man View Post
I started a new thread and here is the link http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post3226236

Thanks for the idea.
anytime man. i thought it would be better to get more noticed this way!
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote