Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Is it worth it?

So i am looking at a 13' 2SS 1LE and having a difficult decision to make. In order ot help with this process can someone explain what would come with the 1LE over the 2SS package? I also asked if the car had HIDs since none of the pics gave a great shot of the lights to confirm and they said that it did. I am skeptical to say the least. What would come on the RS package for this car above and beyond the 1LE? They are asking 30K with about 7K miles on it. It's a manual with a special stripe package but this means nothing to me if I dont get the other things like HIDs. Any help would be greatful so I dont get screwed. Couldnt find the info I need in one place, it was all pretty much piece meal and more of a personal interpretation....

I'm posting this in the 1LE section because I didnt know there was a specific section for that. Please delete if not allowed here

NJB

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
This is for 2015, Not sure about earlier. Seems like a good price considering the miles and age. My 1ss is about 1.5 months old and 2K miles.

SS 1LE Performance Package bears the iconic 1LE option code that is a Camaro® legend. This competition-ready package includes:
  • 20" x 10" front and 20" x 11" rear aluminum wheels with a 10-spoke design from the ZL1® and a low-gloss Black finish
  • 285/35ZR20 Goodyear® Eagle® Supercar® Generation 2 performance summer-only tires1, front and rear
  • Performance Ride and Handling suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars for excellent body control and vehicle responsiveness
  • TREMEC® 6-speed manual transmission with a 3.91 final-drive axle ratio
  • Unique rear spoiler
  • Sueded microfiber-wrapped, flat bottom steering wheel and shift knob
1SS models require Black Sport Cloth interior. 2SS models require Black front leather seating surfaces interior

From the chevy site.

1ss to 2ss

Loaded with power like 1SS and upgraded tech features.
  • Leather-appointed seating
  • Color Driver Information Center
  • Color Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • 4-pack auxiliary gauges
  • Boston Acoustics® premium sound system
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio7 with 12-month subscription
  • Rear Vision Package
I own a 1SS and got the boston acoustics and a rally stripe.

Basically the 1ss is the base v8 the 2ss has better interior and features like a back up camera and the 1le has performance upgrades similar to a corvettes suspension and shifting.

Kevin

Oh Yah here is the RS package:

RS Package
Includes:
  • 20" aluminum wheels in New Bright Silver-painted finish (20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear)
  • High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, each ringed with an LED halo
  • Separate Daytime Running Lamps
  • LED taillamps
http://www.chevrolet.com/2015-camaro...wSWQiOm51bGx9@

Kevin

Last edited by grahak2; 11-17-2015 at 09:53 PM.
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
This is a very subjective question. If you plan to autocross, are into black wheels, or something like that then it's worth it. If you plan to drive on the street, take it to the drags, or are not into the different look then save your money. It's all a personal decision.
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Yes the 1le option is worth it. It is unique and the only Camaro I would own. I could go on and on about the 1le but just read other posts in the 1le section. It really depends on your driving style. This is a legitimate drivers car. It is not a cushy Sunday hot rod for stop light showdowns or drag racing. It can do it, but it is meant for back road turns and occasional track use. It has parts made exclusively for it and some taken from the ZL1. Here is a brief list, I might miss some:

1le only:
Strut bar
3.91 axle ratio
Tr6060 transmission(specially geared for the 3.91 diff for road track use)
Struts
Sway bars
Red Brembo brake calipers
Hood wrap

ZL1:
Flat bottom Alcara steering wheel
Shifter w/ Alcara
Rear wheel bearings
Half shafts
sway bar endlinks
10 spoke black wheels f/r 20x10 and 20x11
Goodyear G2 tires

Also, if it has a red SS on the trunk is has the RS headlight package.

The price is in the ballpark, 28K would be a good deal. I bought mine in January with 6700mi for 31K.

If you get it, be prepared for celebrity status. People stare at you, ask you what it is, have to tell you awesome car, and even have to take pictures of it and with it.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
There are a lot of topics on this SS vs. 1LE here on C5.

I'd personally grab it at that price. I would post the vin# here so we can verify which options the car has.

Here is some addition info.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212140

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284343
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #6
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
$30K and 7000 miles is pretty good.
The HID's will come with the RS package. Just looking at the headlights will tell you if it has them or not.
For the driving experience, the 1LE is a ton of fun. If you don't like getting bounced around you might be happier with a softer sprung SS...
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...le=CAMARO+WIKI&

NEW for 2013
  • New ZL1 Convertible model (1EY67)
  • (1LE) SS Performance Package includes (RSK) 20″ Black-painted wheels, (RKC) 20″ tires, (GW1) 3.91 axle ratio, (FE6) suspension, and Black hood wrap (requires manual transmission)
  • (GXH) Blue Ray Metallic exterior color
  • New wheel design for models equipped with 18” and 20” wheels
    • (SGE) 18″ painted aluminum wheels
    • (R42) 20″ painted aluminum wheels
    • (RUY) 20″ polished aluminum wheels
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
The fact that you are more concerned about HID's vs. unbelievable handling makes me think you should get a Camaro with an RS package opposed to one with a 1LE package. The only two options that we have is the BA stereo (questionable choice) and the 1LE package. The only option that matters to me is the 1LE. Would not own a Camaro without that option....unless it was a Z/28! Finally, this package can be enjoyed on any twisty road. Even if you never go to the track, if you are into handling, you will enjoy it.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
If you want to PM the VIN I can check through GM Globaconnect for you and let you know exactly what RPOs it has.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #10
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
I ask about the lights because i love the car other than that. I have the HIDs now and to downgrade on great lighting at night will suck. It won't necessarily be a deal breaker, but they said it has them but from what i know it doesn't appear to have it since the SS is white. I wasn't sure if the 1LE came with the lights as well but it appears not to. I really hope they can work the numbers in my favor. Thanks

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #11
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
I ask about the lights because i love the car other than that. I have the HIDs now and to downgrade on great lighting at night will suck. It won't necessarily be a deal breaker, but they said it has them but from what i know it doesn't appear to have it since the SS is white. I wasn't sure if the 1LE came with the lights as well but it appears not to. I really hope they can work the numbers in my favor. Thanks
They make a 1LE with the RS package and then it would also have the HIDs. If not an RS package car, it will not. But you can add them aftermarket I think through Gen5DIY, but that is not necessarily cheap.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #12
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
They make a 1LE with the RS package and then it would also have the HIDs. If not an RS package car, it will not. But you can add them aftermarket I think through Gen5DIY, but that is not necessarily cheap.
This is spot on. To get HID's on a 1LE, you need the RS package. Ids that not the case with every Camaro. Though not as good as HID's, I do find the standard lighting to work fine for me, but I do not do a bunch of night driving to be honest.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #13
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
If you want to PM the VIN I can check through GM Globaconnect for you and let you know exactly what RPOs it has.
To the OP, I can do this as well.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
yes it is worth it. you can slowly upgrade things like headlights and other stuff to make the 1LE have items the 2SS has. It is wayyyy cheaper going that route vs buying a 2SS and wanting to make it have the same performance parts of the 1LE
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote