Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Help to clarify

So i am looking at a 13' 2SS 1LE and having a difficult decision to make. In order ot help with this process can someone explain what would come with the 1LE over the 2SS package? I also asked if the car had HIDs since none of the pics gave a great shot of the lights to confirm and they said that it did. I am skeptical to say the least. What would come on the RS package for this car above and beyond the 1LE? They are asking 30K with about 7K miles on it. It's a manual with a special stripe package but this means nothing to me if I dont get the other things like HIDs. Any help would be greatful so I dont get screwed. Couldnt find the info I need in one place, it was all pretty much piece meal and more of a personal interpretation....

NJB

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This should answer all of your question except the headlights. If it has the RS package it has HID's. It's very easy to tell by looking. Can you post pics or provide the link?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212140
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
That's pretty low miles for a 13. The stripe package was either an add-on from the previous owner or they are referring to the matt black vinyl hood covering which is applied to all 1LE cars. The 1LE was not available with stripes from the factory. Be careful. I'm sure it could be easy for them to pass it off as a 1LE. 3 things it will have appearance wise that other SS don't: Flat bottom steering wheel and shifter with sueded microfiber on both. 2. Black spoiler and black front "GM" splitter. 3. GM front strut tower brace (an extra brace over the engine). (ZL1 wheels can be easily added later of course, but it's harder to fake the steering wheel and shifter.)
Old 11-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #4
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I suppose the previous owner could have removed the black vinyl and installed stripes so it "could" be a legit 1LE.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #5
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
First and last year of the 1LE in the original 5th gen design. I have the 2SS/RS package with everything except sunroof. (Recaros were not an option in 13, but I added them last month)Don't worry about the mileage, these things tend to have low miles. I have 8,500 on mine, I have friends with 13 SS's with 4500 miles. What the 1le is, is a LS3 SS. Then you get to a long, curving freeway entrance and realize it's a SS in name only. Then you'll want to go to your nearest track to make sure the freeway entrance was not a fluke. At the track you'll realize that this is something special and for $30k, there is no replicating this thing. I bought mine in early 14 used, but absolutely babied with 1,200 miles. The permagrin will never go away.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #6
Houseofhotrods

Drives: 2015 GAZ 1LE/2SS/RS/NPP
If you have access to the VIN #, PM it to me and I can run it for you, I manage a Chev dealership, and would be happy to tell you what it was born as. HOH
Old 11-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #7
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Yes the 1le option is worth it. It is unique and the only Camaro I would own. I could go on and on about the 1le but just read other posts in the 1le section. It really depends on your driving style. This is a legitimate drivers car. It is not a cushy Sunday hot rod for stop light showdowns or drag racing. It can do it, but it is meant for back road turns and occasional track use. It has parts made exclusively for it and some taken from the ZL1. Here is a brief list, I might miss some:

1le only:
Strut bar
3.91 axle ratio
Tr6060 transmission(specially geared for the 3.91 diff for road track use)
Struts
Sway bars
Red Brembo brake calipers
Hood wrap

ZL1:
Flat bottom Alcara steering wheel
Shifter w/ Alcara
Rear wheel bearings
Half shafts
sway bar endlinks
10 spoke black wheels f/r 20x10 and 20x11
Goodyear G2 tires

Also, if it has a red SS on the trunk is has the RS headlight package.

The price is in the ballpark, 28K would be a good deal. I bought mine in January with 6700mi for 31K.

If you get it, be prepared for celebrity status. People stare at you, ask you what it is, have to tell you awesome car, and even have to take pictures of it and with it.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #8
HuJass

Drives: GM
Look at the Service Part Identifier label in the trunk. This label contains all the options the car was built with. All the options are in code form; Regular Production Option (RPO) codes.
"1LE" should be printed on it. If not, then it's not a 1LE.

Also, I've read that the steering shaft of the 1LE is painted white from the factory.
When I say steering shaft, I'm talking about the part of the steering shaft that is under the hood, left side of the car. If it's not white, then it's probably not a 1LE.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #9
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Here's the link. I really like the car and working on numbers now but ideally want the HIDs since my car has them now. If it doesn't have it, i'm sure I can install them later but at another cost of course. I just hope that i'm not raped for something like that though. Surprised if it wasn't ordered with it, not that much more on top of the 1LE package

http://www.royaladvantage.com/Vehicl...-NJ/2649832513

Old 11-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #10
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Looks to be a 1le, unless someone went through a lot of trouble, no rs package though
Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #11
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

So if it had the RS package the only difference would be HIDs and interior accent lights correct? Since the wheels are already 20"??

Old 11-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #12
Houseofhotrods

Drives: 2015 GAZ 1LE/2SS/RS/NPP
You've got mail. Definitely a 1LE, the car is not an RS car, so no HID's - they would have a code of T4F, where this one has a code of T4A, Halogen headlights. I don't see any kind of stripe package on the original build.
Interesting to note this was a special event / used car TVMS (whatever that means) It was ordered by or at least billed to Terryville Chevrolet in Terryville Connecticut, and shipped to Click-Lewis in Palmyra Pennsylvania. Pretty cool ride regardless, and maybe some interesting history! HOH
Old 11-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #13
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
So if it had the RS package the only difference would be HIDs and interior accent lights correct? Since the wheels are already 20"??
Interior lights have nothing to do with the rs package, the 1le has package specific wheels, and for some reason it has the transformers stripes and badges instead of the hood wrap
Old 11-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #14
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Sadly, speaking with the dealer today, the cost it too high for me right now. I had wishful thinking but maybe if i can sell my car privately, i'll have a little more to put down to drive the monthly payments down. An extra 100/month for 5 years is too rich for my blood with a family and bills as it is. I thought they would budge a bit more since they have been pushing this car for a few weeks now over social media and other avenues. Maybe if it doesn't sell soon they will give me a call back. I can hope but thank you for the help everyone