Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #43
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
If you get bird poop on the interior of your 'vert, you're driving too slow!

I've been driving convertibles since 1958 and never got bird poop on the interior.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:42 AM   #44
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by custommx3 View Post
The sun visors should be able to slide on the bar it mounts to. Many cars do this.

Our sun visors are totally useless.
Totally agree....way too small...USELESS!!!

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #45
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
But yet the tops up in your avatar pic lol.
I know!!!!!!!! Actually I had just put on the new wheels....that pic was taken in the hospital lot at 630am when I got to work. I've been thinking I need a new pic with top down.....but that OTHER car(our 2010 Stang vert) is ALWAYS next to Cami trying to muscle in on photo.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #46
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Trunk monkey.
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #47
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
The sun visors are a cheap joke. Anyone who does not agree is in denial.

I wish our Camaro's came with an hour meter in the DIC. My 2000 Silverado has one. Knowing how many hours is on the engine plus knowing the mileage, (both of em) is a great thing to know.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #48

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Can't get curb feelers, dashboard compass, or a Brodie knob....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:09 PM   #49
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
OK....hope I'm not insulting any vert owner/driver....but MY pet peeve....seeing people driving with top down BUT all windows up.....SERIOUSLY???????
When its april with still snow on the ground i have nothing but respect for the guy that i saw last spring with his camaro vert ...top down.....windows up...parka..gloves and toque on. Oh and i forgot to mention the ear to ear grin on his face.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #50
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I drove the same convertible for 300K miles, still own it.

Never, even once, did a bird shit on the car while driving, let alone get the shit in the car.

'68-'72 GM A bodies- Chevelle, Cutlass, Le Mans, Skylark families- share the same general shape, and the same frame.

This is my '70 Buick

Love that Buick Man!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #51
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels RS View Post
You shouldn't have bought the sedan. My Camaro rear windows roll down!
I have never seen a Camaro Sedan. I have only seen convertibles or coupes Sorry just a pet peeve just like when people call all their wheels....rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Back in the day ordering a car was fun.. You pick what model you like for example lets say a 1969 Nova, you go to the dealer and pick all the option like engine and what not.. You could get a SS with multiple engines, multiple options and really make it a custom car for you.

I agree it verts don't look good with the top up and the cloth material. That's the reason I could never get a vert. I wish they made a 5th gen camaro with a T-top like the stingray!
I 100% agree and I feel that most convertibles get the initial look/image changed when a convertible is made of it. I wonder if they would ever try a hard top though. Still changes the look slightly because of safety features needed and design to create a space for the roof but would be neat to see

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #52
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
My convertible is often driven with windows up and top down. It loves cool weather in early Spring or late Fall. She's British, so hot weather makes her unhappy.
If you drive in the summer, your Right foot will be cooked at least medium rare. In the fall, leave windows up and the engine keeps you warm and you can still get the wind in your hair. Any attempt to drive with the top up results in having to duck down to see traffic lights- almost to the point of laying your head sideways on the dashboard.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #53
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
Ever see a factory radio blank plate? I saw one once in a Honda accord. You have to be a grade A jerk at the dealership to end up with a radio blank plate in a new car.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #54
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
I have never seen a Camaro Sedan. I have only seen convertibles or coupes Sorry just a pet peeve just like when people call all their wheels....rims.
Don't look at Craigslist: There, wheels are rims, rims are tires, and tires have good threads... most are for sell. Tires are are size 16 six lug with five holes.

Yesterday I saw an ad for 2015 Corvette... the big selling points that the dealer was volunteering were that this was the two- door model, and the one with the V- 8 motor. It didn't say so, but I'll bet it runs good.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #55
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4545 View Post
Ever see a factory radio blank plate? I saw one once in a Honda accord. You have to be a grade A jerk at the dealership to end up with a radio blank plate in a new car.
Years ago (uhhh... like 25 years ago), I accompanied a friend to a Honda dealership to buy a car. It was his first dealership experience, and he wanted somebody to guide him through the process, and reduce his chance of getting ripped off.

The car he liked had a dash that was nothing but blank plates. Turns out, in a few hours, the dealer would add/ delete options to any Honda on the lot. You pick the car, they swap options in/ out like Burger King does with your burger.

You want the premium radio? The EQ? No radio? Fog lights? Cigarette lighter? Clock? Interior trunk release? Garage door opener caddy? Tachometer? In two hours, a tech will customize the one car that you've chosen.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #56
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4545 View Post
It's called a radio DELETE plate. Anyway, I thought every new car had a radio these days.