Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #323
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
See the similarities

Early 70's were the round corvette tail lights. I love the 10-13 tail lights so don't get me wrong but they were not even close to the camaro heritage....just saying...
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #324
Tony's10

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
You speak of heritage? What makes the tail lights heritage? The entire car is new from 1967 models. Other than a stolen styling shape, the only things in common on all generations are four wheels.

Were T-tops heritage? Was a digital dash in the 80's heritage? Was having a hatchback heritage?

I guess the new vette outta look like this if the tail lights are what dictates heritage.

-Tony
Attached Images

Tony's10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #325
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I perfer the 10-13 all around better also not sure why they went to changing things when they had it right to start with. Sorry you are not happy but you might want to see how much the rear end change will cost if it is possible and may come out cheaper.

This and probably because they were transitioning the market for the Gen6 which has similar design with lights and such. I love my rear lights and wouldn't trade them for a newer model

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #326
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
I personally love the rear tail lights. When they first came out I did not like them but it grew on me.
Hasn't grown on me, but the Z28 rear end, and consequent complete package, is totally kicking, in fact, my favourite looking Camaro of them all.

Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
When the 14's came out, I absolutely hated the new rear tailight design. However, I did love the new sleeker front grill/bumper. One year later, I started to like the new tailight design and then started to dislike the original '10-'13 tailight design. Now, I think the '10-'13 tailights look absolutely hideous.

I think what the new '14+ tailight redesign did was to visually lower and widen the backend of the car which is good.

I know the new 6th gens will grow on me. However, I don't know if I will ever like them better than the '14/'15 5th gens.
Subliminal advertisement seems to work well, everything "grows on us" in time, just sayin'
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #327
Steve1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony's10 View Post
You speak of heritage? What makes the tail lights heritage? The entire car is new from 1967 models. Other than a stolen styling shape, the only things in common on all generations are four wheels.

Were T-tops heritage? Was a digital dash in the 80's heritage? Was having a hatchback heritage?

I guess the new vette outta look like this if the tail lights are what dictates heritage.

-Tony
I guess you don't see the similarities.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:30 PM   #328
Tony's10

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1LE View Post
I guess you don't see the similarities.
Steve, I do see similarities in shape and location on the 14 up in relation to the 67 - 69's. I just don't think it solely dictates the Camaro heritage, but yes I see the similarities of which most reference.

-Tony
Tony's10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:10 PM   #329
Steve1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony's10 View Post
Steve, I do see similarities in shape and location on the 14 up in relation to the 67 - 69's. I just don't think it solely dictates the Camaro heritage, but yes I see the similarities of which most reference.

-Tony
I didn't say that it solely dictates the camaro heritage either. But since we are talking tail lights and nothing else. The similarities in the tail lights are one thing that has been past down through the years for the most part anyways. Not exactly the same but similar.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #330
BlkCamaroVert

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99 Vert IO Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg2014SS View Post
I have a 2014 2SS red hot and I love it, color is awesome and I love everything about, added kooks headers and a borla atak catback and tune and what a difference just them mods made. I know everyone likes something different but I love the 2014 front and rear looks so much more awesome however I don't like white or black . Know black does stand out but shows everything and white well just plain but the red stripes do look better , I put hood spears on mine with cut outs SS 6.2L because mine has the hood scoop. I just think if you had a more stand out color you would like it better . Check mine out but everybody likes something a little different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check what out? No photos. Thanks for nuthin...
BlkCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #331
asher628
EXPARTE'

Drives: 14 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
If anyone who has not read my other posts since joining, I had a 2010 Camaro that was totaled. Thankfully I broke even with my loan and bought a white 2014. And I am very unhappy with it. My 2010 had the red rally stripes, so I got black for the new one and it does nothing for it at all. As crazy as this may sound, I'm really considering trading it for a 2015 in a different color or even going back to a 2013 or 2012. I hate the look of the lights in the back, the 2010 to 2013 ones looked so much sportier. I know it sounds ridiculous, but has anyone ever done that? I know I'm going to lose money, but I can't see paying for something I'm not happy with. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated!!
SAD TO SEE YOU SUFFER SO.
HEY, HAVE YOU SEEN THE MUSTANG
GT 350 OR SAY HOW ABOUT THAT DODGE CHALLENGER
SRT?
asher628 is offline   Reply With Quote