Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
Ipf after install issue

Not sure if this is common or if I may have been a bit off on my installation, whenever I'm sitting idle, and I turn on the air conditioner the belt squeaks something fierce for a bit then kind of comes and goes. Sometimes it will do it for a bit whenever I'm sitting at a light even without the a/c on. Is this something I should be worried about, anyway to fix the noise? I've had the kit on my car for a little over a month now. Runs fine without issue aside from the occasional stall, but I know that's expected without the proper catch can.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Check the tensioner to make sure the indicator window says there's enough tension. Could be the wrong size belt.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
With the supercharger, there's a lot of pressure buiilt up, next time it squeals, remove the oil filler cap, if the squeals goes away, you have to much pressure, you can eliminate that by drilling a small hole (5/64) on the side of your oil filler cap.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Check the tensioner to make sure the indicator window says there's enough tension. Could be the wrong size belt.
Yea IPF had originally sent me the parts for an LLT. When I received the LFX parts there was a replacement belt, but I will on check that.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
Old 08-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
With the supercharger, there's a lot of pressure buiilt up, next time it squeals, remove the oil filler cap, if the squeals goes away, you have to much pressure, you can eliminate that by drilling a small hole (5/64) on the side of your oil filler cap.
I will try this as well... haha
-Bruce Lee
Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
Nutbutt

LLT Belt 06-1066, LFX Belt 06-1075
Not much difference in size but the LFX is a bigger.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:00 AM   #7
Nawkoutt

Drives: 2lt
I really like the idea of the s/c and I'm only a couple hundred $$ until i have enough for everything.. but I hate that i keep reading about these little problems..
Nawkoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
Nutbutt

I installed at 43k and now have 76k on my IPF. The only issue I had was the idler bearing and that was because a lesser grade bearing was used and has now been fixed by IPF. If you are not modding the system even more you should have no problems. I have had more problem with my vert top than I have had with the super charger.