Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Thinking about selling my car...price check?

I'm looking to buy a house hopefully sooner than later. I'm going to have to sell my car to open up my debt to income ratio. I bought it with less than desirable credit so my interest rate is pretty high which is the reason for selling her because if I free up my debt to income ratio, it opens up doors to a better home. I ran my car through KBB and the screenshot below is what I got for a car in good condition. My question is, how accurate is KBB when it comes to pricing? Also, can some of you guys give me a good price point for selling? I'm thinking $14k private party.

She's a 2011 2SS with 68900 miles as of today. Everything in the interior is stock. Performance mods are in my sig. Not mentioned is MSD plug wires and Eagle Eye headlights (might swap those back to stock before selling). Body has some door dings but not horrible.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Go on eBay. Dozens of 5th Gen Camaros for sale there. You can get a good idea of what to expect. KBB is a joke. Across the country dealers us the NADA guide, not KBB which is generally higher. NADA is free on line.
Also don't expect 5c for your mods. Most would rather have a 100% stock Camaro over yours IMO. Door dings are a bummer. In 10 years I don't have even one. A big negative distraction on the overall condition.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 PM   #3

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
I'm looking to buy a house hopefully sooner than later. I'm going to have to sell my car to open up my debt to income ratio. I bought it with less than desirable credit so my interest rate is pretty high which is the reason for selling her because if I free up my debt to income ratio, it opens up doors to a better home. I ran my car through KBB and the screenshot below is what I got for a car in good condition. My question is, how accurate is KBB when it comes to pricing? Also, can some of you guys give me a good price point for selling? I'm thinking $14k private party.

She's a 2011 2SS with 68900 miles as of today. Everything in the interior is stock. Performance mods are in my sig. Not mentioned is MSD plug wires and Eagle Eye headlights (might swap those back to stock before selling). Body has some door dings but not horrible.

That is also TRADE IN value. FWIW...
205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:18 AM   #4
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Spend the money and get the door dings fixed with PDR and lose the ghetto bling wheels. You'll have a much better chance of getting maximum value that way.

Also, the performance mods may actually work against you as well, so I'd try to return the car back to stock as much as you can before you try to sell it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:20 AM   #5
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
You should easily be able to get $14k out of it IMO. Don't waste your money fixing the dings, those are to be expected on an 8 year old car with nearly 70k miles. If you still have the factory wheels I would swap them back on and sell the ones you currently have, some buyers may like the ones you have but they may turn others off as well. If you don't have them, you should be able to find someone to trade with and you may even be able to make a little extra cash there or at least get some with newer tires to further help your resale.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Trade in value is essentially whole sale value. It's what a dealer will give you and what they expect to get when they take the vehicle to auction. You're MUCH better off to sell it private party.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #7
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Door dings may be expected on an 8 year old car, but so is major collision damage.

It's easy when discussing this on the forums to make a talking point. However, as everybody around here knows, in the Real World no one is going to buy a vehicle that has a ton of door dings on it compared to one that has a nice straight body. If they do, they will want a significant reduction in price to cover the cost of repairing them.

So, I'd at least get the dings fixed unless you want to sit on it for loooong time and take a much lower price offer for it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
1 or 2 door dings aren't an issue for a car that old. And if you down have a door ding? You've never gone shopping with it. I have a cpl on mine and I've only driven her 16k miles in 8 yrs.... its expected. To keep a car mint? You re not driving it AT ALL!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #9
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Door dings may be expected on an 8 year old car, but so is major collision damage.

It's easy when discussing this on the forums to make a talking point. However, as everybody around here knows, in the Real World no one is going to buy a vehicle that has a ton of door dings on it compared to one that has a nice straight body. If they do, they will want a significant reduction in price to cover the cost of repairing them.

So, I'd at least get the dings fixed unless you want to sit on it for loooong time and take a much lower price offer for it.
How did you get "a ton of door dings" from him saying "some door dings, not horrible"?
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #10
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Demod it back to stock, PDR the dings out, sell it for $13k, recover $2k from your parts.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Spend the money and get the door dings fixed with PDR and lose the ghetto bling wheels. You'll have a much better chance of getting maximum value that way.

Also, the performance mods may actually work against you as well, so I'd try to return the car back to stock as much as you can before you try to sell it.
I agree with gringo. Those wheels are an acquired taste.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #12
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I agree w/Gringo too !!!
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #13
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Put it up for sale as it sits for $15,500 asking price. Wait about a week, drop it to 14,999. Then take off the headlights and wheels back to stock and see how much PDR costs and repeat. I think you should get $14.5k or more for it in one of those sales.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #14
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
The car has maybe 3 or 4 door dings total. While I'm not expecting to get more money for the mods, I was an idiot and tossed out the exhaust system and intake so only thing I can swap out are the headers. I actually had plans to give her a good wash, paint correction, and ceramic coat but it's cold here in Minnesota and I need her gone before it'll start to warm up. The wheels are no longer on the car. The picture below is how she sits today.