Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #85
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Few things to note.

Thank you Steve for the tips in your thread.

One of the things I made sure to do was study the injector connectors. I figured them out and they are quite easy. I got them all in less than 3 minutes with just my hands. My fingers are small so I could squeeze the grey tab further. (diagram is for general purpose, I know you already know )

Attachment 195887

I'm assuming this isn't supposed to be open? It came to me like this. Do I need to order one?

Attachment 195881

Look how nasty the manifold gets.

Attachment 195883

And for those of you who wonder what a catch can is for, look at the burnt port walls in the above pic, and look at the inside of my intake......

Attachment 195884

I hate seeing my car like this.

Attachment 195886

But it'll be so worth it.

Attachment 195885
Sorry to hear about your bypass valve. Thanks for posting the injector connector removal process, wish I would have known that last week. You are the man!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #86
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Yes. Emma can definitley sleep well at night if it comes down to me trying to say I didn't know about a BAP. hahaha

So, I gotta type up some transfer papers for my daughter and then it's back at it this morning. I still have to call Jessika and Zebra. But I feel pretty good about it all so far. Not this new of a car.

FWIW, I would not get into the internals on my car. This is a bolt on mod, and is pretty straight forward just time consuming. Haven't really come across anything you can royaly screw up.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #87
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Congrats Randy, Keep us updated with Pics !!

Take your time... It will be soooooo worth it !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #88
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Quote:
PQ you are the man. I would never be brave enough to do that to my car. I will have a shop do mine.

Quote:
FWIW, I would not get into the internals on my car. This is a bolt on mod, and is pretty straight forward just time consuming. Haven't really come across anything you can royaly screw up.
....bet I could....and would! Never fails. I can turn what should of been a few hours and a couple hundred bucks into a couple days at the service department and a couple grand!

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #89
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post

....bet I could....and would! Never fails. I can turn what should of been a few hours and a couple hundred bucks into a couple days at the service department and a couple grand!
2nd. that. I don't mind tinkering with cool accessories like tints, bulb changes, harnesses, and minor DIY's but no way I'm messing with anything under the hood.
So, I agree PQ you got some guts bro.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #90
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
TIP - Don't try to spin the supercharger with your finger.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #91
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i forgot to mention this morning...
make sure to stuff some clean rags in the intake ports so nothing gets down in there. that's a dirty valley cover & we don't want that crap getting in the cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I know for a fact that PQ has heard about the attributes and possible necessity of a boost-a-pump, especially if he goes to a 3.6" pulley . I think the 3.6" pulley would work well for his car because he has LT headers.

Oh, and the catch can is a great move. They should be required on a car with a supercharger.

Thanks for sharing the install with us, PQ. This has been a fun read. You are much braver than I am.

It's also reassuring to see how good Magnarcharger's customer service is.
Emma, you gotta quit being a pansy & just do it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post

-Mark.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #92
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

Emma, you gotta quit being a pansy & just do it already!

Ummm... my car has a supercharger. Cam and stall coming soon. No pansy here.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #93
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Hey PQ, I added a tube of lubriplate to your order just in case...

You are lucky that this baby won't let me sleep... and that we are 3 hours behind ya! I used to be the type that would sleep from 8pm to 6am with no problem... now I just answer PMs and Emails when I cant sleep...

I'll still be around via PMs and emails when I go out on maternity leave I am sure... I am too much of a die hard gear head to walk away
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #94
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@Magnacharger View Post

You are lucky that this baby won't let me sleep... and that we are 3 hours behind ya! I used to be the type that would sleep from 8pm to 6am with no problem... now I just answer PMs and Emails when I cant sleep...

I'll still be around via PMs and emails when I go out on maternity leave I am sure... I am too much of a die hard gear head to walk away
God Bless you Jessika!!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok. It's off to my dealership for a new HB bolt. And I gotta go get an allen big enough for it. My biggest was not big enough. With a used blower there are things that you can't anticipate.

But I used a wrench to wedge the pulley and used part of my daughters gymnastics bar assembly to pry with.

Name:  100_1959.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  144.0 KB

Name:  100_1960.JPG
Views: 738
Size:  253.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post

Usually mine involves a trip to the ER and that's where the cost comes in. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post

-Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i forgot to mention this morning...
make sure to stuff some clean rags in the intake ports so nothing gets down in there. that's a dirty valley cover & we don't want that crap getting in the cylinders
I taped them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@Magnacharger View Post

Oh. Damn. I forgot to ask about that this morning. lol

Thanks, you totaly rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
God Bless you Jessika!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #96
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Hey, just fyi... the way that the supercharger actually spins it will not pinch your finger... if you rotate it so that it does you are spinning it backwards.

Also, with our crankshaft pinning kit... we include a new GM Crank bolt -- you DID get the pinning kit, right?
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #97
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
He does have a the pinning kit but not the bolt. he's at the dealer now getting a bolt.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #98
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
He does have a the pinning kit but not the bolt. he's at the dealer now getting a bolt.

Getting that bolt out was the hardest part of the entire install, my neighbor laughed at me when the first "cheater" bar was as tall as the hood, after yanking and pulling a little on the shorter version he understood.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote