Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #15
Rockey33

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro SS
I have the Borla ATAK and am very happy with it. I bought it and had it put on at the GM Nationals in Carlisle this year. The vendor actually had 3 Camaros there. One had a Magnaflow, one a Corsa, and the other a Borla. I liked the sound of the Borla the best and thought it was louder then the Corsa. That was in June and I am still 100% satisfied!
Rockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #16
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try666me View Post
I've heard them both side by side, and while they both sound great I think the Corsa system is louder
I think the Corsa guy must've had other modifications.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Here is a before and after vid of my CAI and Corsa. Yes I know I spelled Exhaust wrong.....

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I have Corsa and I LOVE it. Sounds great at idle. Nice rumble with some garggling. But at WOT, it sounds amazing. I love punching the gas peddle on the freeway. I also have a Rotofab with it. I love Corsa. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Here is a before and after vid of my CAI and Corsa. Yes I know I spelled Exhaust wrong.....

That's sounds amazing. The only thing is at around 0:48-:50 in your video, that sound when you ease off the gas(rasp isn't the word for it but something like that). Is that the camera or is that regular?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try666me View Post
Corsa is amazing. Won't ever run anything else on my cars. It's louder then the Borla Attak for sure but neither system has any drone which is great. And no it doesn't matter how many miles are on the car before installing a catback
What He said, I've had flowmaster and Corsa, be smart buy Corsa you won't be sorry...................... JRJ
Old 08-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I think that is always there.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Corsa is stainless steel and shouldn't rust. Very happy I went with it. Can't wait to hear it with Dynatech headers and a JRE470 cam. I have it sched for Sept 4. I will make a new vid showing my total progression.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White Camaro
Also in Cali, so no LT headers... Very happy with the sound from my Borla ATAK. No noticeable drone.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
webigon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Auto SIM
I have the L99 with ARH LT's, HF Cats, CAI and Borla ATAK and my car is F'n LOUD!!!!
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Auto SIM - CAI, Inc. - Apex Scoop - Apex Washer Relocate - ARH LT 1 7/8" X 3" System - Borla ATAK Axle Back - GM Strut Brace - PFADT Stage 2 Sway Bars, Drop Springs & End Links - JRE Tune
webigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #25
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
From what i have heard, the ATAK sounds better. Id go with that, might go that route later down the road. I do know i want a louder sound from my Flowmaster AT.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCK View Post
Has anyone had both? Or heard both in person?
Dangeruss and I did the very first comparison of these on the way to C5Fest one... not the best sound and both had headers...

I can definitely tell you that Drone will be an issue with Borla and if you do not tune the AFM Groan will be way more noticiable too. Zero drone w/ Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCK View Post
I really like the sound of the ATAK it's very aggressive, as is the corsa too probably but I've heard some videos of corsa having a high pitched rasp which could be the camera but I'm afraid of that.

How were the differences in the tone? Were they similar or is there a noticeable difference in the pitch or "deepness" in sound? I'm really looking for a deep, aggressive, loud, sound. If corsa fits that, I'm sold.
Tone is the big difference... If you like the deep tone and most do then it's Borla but I've already mentioned the Con. Corsa without headers is also not a very loud system. Put headers on and it transforms to a beast.

IOM car is Bola - CGM car is Corsa

Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #27
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
I have the Borla ATAK with Borla shorty headers and a tune. I first installed just the ATAK cat back and ran that for about 6 months. The drone was still there but not as bad as my GMPP exhaust. But what drove me crazy was the AFM on. I put the headers on, again, shorty headers, did a tune and turned off AFM and the car is amazing.

I can't remember where I got this information but someone told me that long tube headers with the ATAK exhaust does not sound right, but the shorties do. That's why I went with shorties and glad I did. I have stock cats too.

The Borla ATAK exhaust sounds like a race car at WOT.....awesome!

Hope this helps.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
I have the Borla ATAK with Borla shorty headers and a tune. I first installed just the ATAK cat back and ran that for about 6 months. The drone was still there but not as bad as my GMPP exhaust. But what drove me crazy was the AFM on. I put the headers on, again, shorty headers, did a tune and turned off AFM and the car is amazing.

I can't remember where I got this information but someone told me that long tube headers with the ATAK exhaust does not sound right, but the shorties do. That's why I went with shorties and glad I did. I have stock cats too.

The Borla ATAK exhaust sounds like a race car at WOT.....awesome!

Hope this helps.
Do you know if the borla shorties are legal in CA?